• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

We usually eat something quick in our room for breakfast before heading out for rope drop. Any suggestions? Does anyone have a way to make oatmeal or something in the room?

We usually eat something quick in our room for breakfast before heading out for rope drop. Any suggestions? Does anyone have a way to make oatmeal or something in the room?

Well, since this is the Cake Chatter Thread, many of us highly recommend eating leftover birthday/anniversary/wedding cake for in-room breakfast at Disney! :teeth:

Have custom cake prices from GF increased significantly or is it based on the design. It seems the prices I was quoted for an 8" with buttercream icing and flowers cascading down the side was pretty expensive but I am sure cake prices have gone up since the pandemic

Have custom cake prices from GF increased significantly or is it based on the design. It seems the prices I was quoted for an 8" with buttercream icing and flowers cascading down the side was pretty expensive but I am sure cake prices have gone up since the pandemic
Yes. I got quoted $120 for a cake that would be around $80 prepandemic. A 6 inch cake with a screen print pasted on the front (and some buttercream dots around the cake) was $100 (see page 187). The Contemporary delivered a superior cake with fondant and superior decorations for the same price (see page 194). I believe it’s a completely different team lacking experience and creativity.

Last edited:
Yes. I got quoted $120 for a cake that would be around $80 prepandemic. A 6 inch cake with a screen print pasted on the front (and some buttercream dots around the cake) was $100 (see page 187). The Contemporary delivered a superior cake with fondant and superior decorations for the same price. I believe it’s a completely different team lacking experience and creativity.
I was quoted $260 for an 8 inch. That just seems ridiculous

The cake we ordered from the contemporary had fondant decorations and our DD’s picture with a horse printed on the front of the cake (buttercream piped on the sides to look like a frame). We ordered it at STK71 so we did have to tip, although the waitress didn’t serve or box the cake (plates were given and box was given to us).

They definitely have (understandable, but also very expensive at this point). I am willing to pay a lot when I think it is worth it, but most recent cakes I have seen haven’t had the “wow” factor they had before. I am quoting with an outside bakery as well. It would be easier to get the cake we need from Disney, but I will work with the outside bakery if they can deliver a better cake at a better price.

We had a cake for our DGD's birthday at Citrico's this past January. Ordered it from the GF Bakery line. It was a 6 inch chocolate Belle theme. Fondant on the outside. Buttercream underneath with raspberry mousse filling. Her name on a white chocolate banner. Solid white chocolate Belle on top with a fondant long stem rose on top of the cake. We paid $160.00 plus tax, plus tip.
The cake tasted great!

Attachments

• Belle Birthday Cake.jpeg
    Belle Birthday Cake.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Belle Cake.jpeg
    Belle Cake.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 105
We had a cake for our DGD's birthday at Citrico's this past January. Ordered it from the GF Bakery line. It was a 6 inch chocolate Belle theme. Fondant on the outside. Buttercream underneath with raspberry mousse filling. Her name on a white chocolate banner. Solid white chocolate Belle on top with a fondant long stem rose on top of the cake. We paid $160.00 plus tax, plus tip.
The cake tasted great!
That’s a cake I would expect out of the GF and the price seems reasonable.

The cake tasted great!
Beautiful! The price seems right for it as well!

Im spedning my birthday at Yacht Club, I like having my birthday cake as breakfast. Can I preorder and pick up somewhere without having to go to a sitdown?

FYI we just had a custom cake made and delivered to us at CSR using a former Disney CM who started a baking business after being furloughed during covid. The cake was huge, delicious,totally custom and half what Dianey would.have charged. Fed our party of 20+ and it was $90 delivered.

FYI we just had a custom cake made and delivered to us at CSR using a former Disney CM who started a baking business after being furloughed during covid. The cake was huge, delicious,totally custom and half what Dianey would.have charged. Fed our party of 20+ and it was $90 delivered.

Can you share info about who you used here? Or could you message me with that info? Thanks in advance :flower1:

:wave2:Hello! I was wondering if anyone has ordered the Cinderella Slipper dessert from Grand Floridian recently. I tried searching the thread and forum and didn't find any recent posts. Thinking about ordering this to be delivered to our dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe but I was wondering what the flavor/presentation is these days. Thanks for any info!

Haven’t been to Disney in a few years. The last cake I ordered was amazing and delivered to O’hana for my son. We will be in Orlando and he wants to go here for his birthday next week (last minute trip). I was able to get. Reservation but forgot to add the Mickey cake as I just wanted to get the reservation completed. Can I still add on? I tried to do it online and in app, but can’t see anywhere to add this on? Can I just call?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter