***Official DLR AUGUST 2022 Check-in Thread***

My plans are finally set, hotel booked and tickets bought - I'll be at the Cambria hotel 8/19-24 with my boys and my Disney-loving friend! Then, on to Universal for a day before flying home.

I decided to reserve CA on Saturday and DL on Sunday (still figuring out the rest of the week). It feels wrong not to start any Disney visit by walking up Main Street, but my kids don't share my sentimentality about such things...

Cats out the bag, I’ve been holding this trip a surprise for the last 2 years! It was suppose to be a surprise 10th bday for our daughter and then Covid. We were going to tell her next month. Yesterday on accident she found out while I was making dinning reservations on my laptop she was on my phone and saw the email come through!! It was totally unexpected, but also funny to see her reaction! Now she can help me finish planning dinning reservations cancel what she doesn’t like, or add what she wants to try, so it’s a win, win! Her last visit was in 2014 at age 4 and she’ll be celebrating her 12th bday! Once our kids discovered Aulani they haven’t wanted to visit the parks until she said she doesn’t remember it. I do have to say I’m already missing steakhouse 55, in addition a few menus have changed at restaurants and have to change up! Still hoping to get BB on her bday for dinner!!

Cats out the bag, I’ve been holding this trip a surprise for the last 2 years! It was suppose to be a surprise 10th bday for our daughter and then Covid. We were going to tell her next month. Yesterday on accident she found out while I was making dinning reservations on my laptop she was on my phone and saw the email come through!! It was totally unexpected, but also funny to see her reaction! Now she can help me finish planning dinning reservations cancel what she doesn’t like, or add what she wants to try, so it’s a win, win! Her last visit was in 2014 at age 4 and she’ll be celebrating her 12th bday! Once our kids discovered Aulani they haven’t wanted to visit the parks until she said she doesn’t remember it. I do have to say I’m already missing steakhouse 55, in addition a few menus have changed at restaurants and have to change up! Still hoping to get BB on her bday for dinner!!
Ha! I love this so much! Well…the bonus of her finding out is that she gets to relish a little in thr anticipation with you! That’s a really really fun part of planning

BB online dinning reservations are now open! Get your August dates booked quickly!!
I was playing around today on the DL app Tip Board for my dates in August and I saw that they had BB openings listed under the “You Can Do This Now” section. I booked my preferred time/date and was floored by how many openings there were!

Oof! Touring Plans DLR crowd calendar just updated for the remainder of the summer and my days jumped from 5’s and 6’s to 8’s & 9’s :/

Oof! Touring Plans DLR crowd calendar just updated for the remainder of the summer and my days jumped from 5’s and 6’s to 8’s & 9’s :/
How much weight can we really put to those numbers though?

After the closure and Covid and the reservation system?

I think we will all be ok…with a plan…

Expect high crowds and be pleasantly surprised if they’re lower, rope drop, Genie+, ILLs, ADRs in place. Take a break (to hotel or sit down meal during busiest and hottest times 1-4?), and go with the flow :-)

I never doubted this. Thankfully, this being our kids 7th Disney trip, they are ok with lazy mid-afternoon sit down meals…maybe some shopping, or “gasp” leaving the park to head back to the hotel (across the street) for a chillout.

They are older teens now, so they dont wanna tour like the old attack mode.

Being its the first DL trip, and it being smaller overall and easier to come and go, I think its gonna be more leisurely, even with high crowds.

They can waste time on the lines on their phones.

Same girl. Same. We are slated to be in the Parks from the 13th-18th with a break day on the 15th and it's showing 10s for CA for my dates and I don't know why lol

Same same - ours went way up as well, and we’re going to be at the GC August 31 - September 3. I was really hoping for some lighter crowds, and it was part of the reason we even booked at this time, but I do know crowd predictions have been all over the place recently. Will prepare for crowds, but still hoping that it is lighter than expected especially waiting in lines with two three year olds…

Returning to DL and DCA before end of August:
-Finding Nemo Submarine returns July 25
-Early Entry for Disney Hotel guest starts Aug 8
-Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique returns Aug 25

I read that they hours may shift mid Aug. But when I look at booking things like WOC dessert, it still has 2 times available. So who knows. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter