***Official DLR AUGUST 2022 Check-in Thread***

Just got my waitlist DVC for Grand Californian end of Aug (been waitlisted for months, didn't think it was going to happen so I booked a regular room). Now moving from our standard room to DVC studio. Feels like I hit the DVC lottery!
WOW that is amazing! I am hoping for the same [but living in reality; it will not happen] for the week of Aug 7. We have a cash reservation at the DL Hotel but are waitlisted for GCV...one can always hope and pray.

I noticed that California Adventures closes early (9PM) on August 25th and 27th for an event. Does Anyone know what the event is?

I noticed that California Adventures closes early (9PM) on August 25th and 27th for an event. Does Anyone know what the event is?
I heard Children's Hospital of Orange County has an event there on the 27th. Not sure if this is also true of the 25th.

Aug 4-7. Just one park day on 8/5 and stay at DLH.
I Officially booked a quick trip with DS 14 - He was very afraid of everything at DL when he first visited in 2016 and we had to leave right away. He is Autistic but as he has grown and can communicate better with explaining what he doesn't like. I think it was the screaming from California Screaming back then that horrified him.
Fast Forward to 2021 and we enjoyed a quick 2 day trip to WDW last June with my DB on his work paid trip.
DS knows I wont make him go on any rides - he enjoys drawing so Animation Academy is tops on our list along with the MSE parade! Once I heard it was going away I had to figure out how to get him there before that! He is a Die hard Elliot fan. He has numerous books full of drawings of him.
So hearing about all the crowds doesn't worry me too much.
I'd love to get him to try out Its a Small world and Little Mermaid this time. He loves Figment so we did ride that a few times last summer.

We fly in SNA on Thursday 8/4- thinking about getting a taxi to take us to DHL.
Spend the day at the parks Friday.
Sat I decided to not fly home but plan a day of shopping at DTD and hopefully time at the pool/slides if its not too crowded.
The word of the construction is worrisome at DLH. Its a huge investment to stay there as you all know - we stayed at Beach Club at WDW for free and that was amazing. DS loved that we could go back to the hotel so easily.
Which tower is the worst as far as noise if any of you know?

THANKS!

I Officially booked a quick trip with DS 14 - He was very afraid of everything at DL when he first visited in 2016 and we had to leave right away. He is Autistic but as he has grown and can communicate better with explaining what he doesn't like. I think it was the screaming from California Screaming back then that horrified him.
Fast Forward to 2021 and we enjoyed a quick 2 day trip to WDW last June with my DB on his work paid trip.
DS knows I wont make him go on any rides - he enjoys drawing so Animation Academy is tops on our list along with the MSE parade! Once I heard it was going away I had to figure out how to get him there before that! He is a Die hard Elliot fan. He has numerous books full of drawings of him.
I'd love to get him to try out Its a Small world and Little Mermaid this time. He loves Figment so we did ride that a few times last summer.

We fly in SNA on Thursday 8/4- thinking about getting a taxi to take us to DHL.
Spend the day at the parks Friday.
Sat I decided to not fly home but plan a day of shopping at DTD and hopefully time at the pool/slides if its not too crowded.
The word of the construction is worrisome at DLH. Its a huge investment to stay there as you all know - we stayed at Beach Club at WDW for free and that was amazing. DS loved that we could go back to the hotel so easily.

THANKS!
You guys will have a blast. I bet your son enjoys it more now since he enjoyed WDW last, I’m hoping he does.
You just reminded me to remember to try animation academy, I say I will every trip but don’t make a point to.

Im not sure which tower would provide the least amount of construction noise, maybe someone else will.

Re SNA to Disneyland, your best bet is Uber/lyft.

You’ll have a great trip! Adding you to our ever growing August list now. August will be amazing!!!

You guys will have a blast. I bet your son enjoys it more now since he enjoyed WDW last, I’m hoping he does.
You just reminded me to remember to try animation academy, I say I will every trip but don’t make a point to.

Im not sure which tower would provide the least amount of construction noise, maybe someone else will.

Re SNA to Disneyland, your best bet is Uber/lyft.

You’ll have a great trip! Adding you to our ever growing August list now. August will be amazing!!!
THANK YOU for your kind words and adding us!

Have you tried watching ride-through videos with your son so he can pick those he wants to try? I know some people prefer not to be "spoiled," but my kids hate not knowing what to expect. They're way more willing to try new rides if they've scouted them out extensively first, both online and also watching outdoor rides operate before deciding to get in line. I'm also considering noise-blocking headphones for this trip... we all (self included) sometimes get overwhelmed by loud settings. It's convenient that enough people wear headphones all the time that I don't feel odd doing it!

Have a wonderful trip!

Have you tried watching ride-through videos with your son so he can pick those he wants to try? I know some people prefer not to be "spoiled," but my kids hate not knowing what to expect. They're way more willing to try new rides if they've scouted them out extensively first, both online and also watching outdoor rides operate before deciding to get in line. I'm also considering noise-blocking headphones for this trip... we all (self included) sometimes get overwhelmed by loud settings. It's convenient that enough people wear headphones all the time that I don't feel odd doing it!

Have a wonderful trip!
Yes we have discussed this option. He has looked on his own and is still hesitant. I really appreciate your kind suggestion!!

Question, where do you get these alerts?
There is a 3rd party site called mouse dining ( no space ) but I don't think I can link it on the forum which allows you to sign up for alerts. You can get a certain number of free alerts, otherwise you can pay a fee. I signed up for a few alerts and yesterday evening got an alert for Carthay Circle Lounge. I did not sure the pay service, just the free one.

THANKS!
Sorry to barge in on the August thread, but we were there in early July. We didn't stay at DLH, but we did eat at Trader Sam's and the construction is right by there, and it was loud. That said, we couldn't hear it once we were inside the restaurant. Based on that, if I were requesting I'd probably request Fantasy Tower, or maybe Adventure Tower. Since the new tower is closest to Frontier Tower, I would avoid that one if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter