***Official DLR AUGUST 2022 Check-in Thread***

Hi all! I have a Trader Sam's for 8/23 at 9:15pm for 4 that I will be canceling.
Please let me know if you'd like it and I'd be happy to coordinate the release of this reservation!

Alright…I think we are going to make it.

So my husband, daughter and I got Covid recently. It infuriates me because I’m a nurse and I’ve been so careful. Also my mom has cancer so we always mask with her and are very careful. But I didn’t get it from the hospital! I let my guard down because we are tripled vaxxed and human and miss life, so after a little travel and plane flying…well you know. It’s inevitable right?

But here we are, waiting for a perfectly planned trip that I’ve literally spent hours on itinerary, ADRs, outfit planning lol! Our first trip back in FOUR years. So many cancelled trips in between. And I thought Covid would have us cancelling. But I think we are going to make it!

We will be 10+ days out when we start our journey to Disneyland and we are already feeling better. I would have been crushed. Had we had our sickness not at the same time, all 3 of us, we would have had to cancel but we got lucky that we all got sick at the same time.

Maybe we have to take it slower when we are there? Maybe less early mornings and more late nights?
Either way, I’m SO excited we got Covid out of the way and can still go.
Just wanted to share!

So my husband, daughter and I got Covid recently. It infuriates me because I’m a nurse and I’ve been so careful. Also my mom has cancer so we always mask with her and are very careful. But I didn’t get it from the hospital! I let my guard down because we are tripled vaxxed and human and miss life, so after a little travel and plane flying…well you know. It’s inevitable right?

But here we are, waiting for a perfectly planned trip that I’ve literally spent hours on itinerary, ADRs, outfit planning lol! Our first trip back in FOUR years. So many cancelled trips in between. And I thought Covid would have us cancelling. But I think we are going to make it!

We will be 10+ days out when we start our journey to Disneyland and we are already feeling better. I would have been crushed. Had we had our sickness not at the same time, all 3 of us, we would have had to cancel but we got lucky that we all got sick at the same time.

Maybe we have to take it slower when we are there? Maybe less early mornings and more late nights?
Just wanted to share!
Phew, talk about cutting it close! I'm SO glad that you're all feeling better and will be clear before heading out.
You may choose to take rapid tests to guide your masking decisions (of course you know this), and definitely take your time increasing your activity levels.
Perhaps you can enjoy a long midday nap and increase the midday downtime?

Just wanted to share!
Glad to hear you should be able to make i!! I think I am usually an easy going traveler, but feel like Covid just makes travel SO much harder. I am literally terrified my family will get Covid right before our trip and have to cancel. I felt the same way before we went to WDW in November 2021, and we made it and had a great trip, so fingers crossed all turns out similarly with this one. That being said, neither my husband or I have had Covid yet (at least that we know of), and honestly feeling like a ticking time bomb at this point.

Have a wonderful trip!

We are all into 'our month' for our Disneyland Trip! We have added 3 days to our trip but will be staying at two different places with a switch after the first 3 days. We are flying from Canada and arriving Friday August 12 (like Mmk1997). Our arrival day will be DTD only - shopping and food. Then we have 9 park days in a row to really relax in the parks - no rush, many food reservations in hand. Packing about to start.

Glad to hear you should be able to make i!! I think I am usually an easy going traveler, but feel like Covid just makes travel SO much harder. I am literally terrified my family will get Covid right before our trip and have to cancel. I felt the same way before we went to WDW in November 2021, and we made it and had a great trip, so fingers crossed all turns out similarly with this one. That being said, neither my husband or I have had Covid yet (at least that we know of), and honestly feeling like a ticking time bomb at this point.

Have a wonderful trip!
I was so scared this would happen but be closer to the trip and we’d have to cancel
I’m over the moon excited that it can still happen!!! We are feeling so much better here and we still have two full days of rest at home before we start our drive from Northern California

Anyone know what is going on after hours on August 25th and 27th at DCA? August 25th 9pm - 1am and August 27th 9pm - 12am are showing special after hours events.
8/25 is an after hours private event and 8/27 is the CHOC Walk 30th Anniversary Adventure in the Park.

Today is the day we arrive and check in to the CGH!!!!
We did the bulk of our drive (9 hrs) yesterday and stayed last night at the Harris Ranch Inn in Coalinga. It’s like a little gem off of the I5
Dinner at the prime steakhouse was delicious.
Now we only have a 4 hr drive today. And Trader Sams tonight! 🙌🏼

Attachments

• 5D0CB22A-5E98-493E-BF02-CCCE6D6845C0.jpeg
    5D0CB22A-5E98-493E-BF02-CCCE6D6845C0.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 2E0C2800-C633-453A-B17E-E96609FE9624.jpeg
    2E0C2800-C633-453A-B17E-E96609FE9624.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2B4AB227-46A6-42F6-9AC1-3B54ACD81C14.jpeg
    2B4AB227-46A6-42F6-9AC1-3B54ACD81C14.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 7
I was so scared this would happen but be closer to the trip and we’d have to cancel
I’m over the moon excited that it can still happen!!! We are feeling so much better here and we still have two full days of rest at home before we start our drive from Northern California
So glad you are feeling well! Hope you have a great trip! We are arriving in CA from Texas tonight. Tomorrow we rope drop PP! I am very excited. DL Fantasyland is my favorite place out of all our Disney experiences.

We just returned from a great Cali trip. Couple of tips and hope they still apply when everyone else goes. We stayed at GCH in a DVC room. The cast members told us to use the back entrance/exit- it is the paradise pier one but they do not check hotel identification yet and it is right out the back door. Not sure if this will ever change but it was a nice option.
Go on Sunday if you can. We heard security talking about how slow Sundays had been- of course this could also change but the difference between Sunday and Tuesday was crazy. Luckily we got so much done on a Sunday we could just go with the flow on Tuesday when we could barely move.
Rides would go down and back up off and on - it didn’t really affect us as we just chose something else. We did have Genie and it worked well for us. On our last night we had a LL for Space and it went down but it came up right before our time. For some reason it gave us an MSEP and still let us go on Space - then we could use it 2 more times. So check your MSEP to see if it can be used more than once.
For sure the best times were rope drop or park close- even on the busiest day - you could get a couple rides in the morning and then take a break and go back in the evening for entertainment and then if you stayed till close the last hour most rides were walk on.
Hungry bear Fantasmic package - the cashier let us get hamburgers as a substitution - didn’t even ask she offered.
Disneyland still has the best churros ever!!!

Good day my August peeps! I'm leaving in TWO DAYS omg and I'm still not sure on my dining reservations! I may have some 12-19th cancellations incoming later today so I'll post them here and in the other general for the love of churros(dining)thread. For those who are currently in the big DL I hope you are having an amazing time!!!!

One more sleep and we head up to DLR. We have been in San Diego (from Texas) for the past 5 days for a baseball. Can't wait to get there. It is much needed as the week hasn't gone as expected. Need that break from the real world even though its just one evening at DTD and one full day at the parks.

One more sleep and we head up to DLR. We have been in San Diego (from Texas) for the past 5 days for a baseball. Can't wait to get there. It is much needed as the week hasn't gone as expected. Need that break from the real world even though its just one evening at DTD and one full day at the parks.
That is all we had too (we dont do rides really) but still being there and taking it all in was magical. We watched the parade twice in one night but our fireworks were cancelled due to wind.

I’ve been randomly checking wait times all month and it (very unscientifically) appears that wait times have decreased from the beginning of the month. Is this typical for mid-August? We head out next week and I’m crossing my fingers that this trend continues despite another tier of Key Holders gaining access 8/15.

Hi August park-goers! How is everyone doing?

Our trip starts Tuesday and I am getting excited!
It feels good to have put so much planning in, and I know it will help, even though everything won't go perfectly.
The countdown begins - soon it will be packing time. And then we're off!

I'm feeling a little emotional about our first vacation in so long, and for our kiddos' first trip to DL.
Gosh it's been a rough couple of years!

Just returned from five days at DLR (8/15 - 8/19) and had a great trip!

• 1st time staying at the GCH. Beautiful hotel, ease of access to the parks can’t be beat but I’d say we still prefer DLH
  • Early Entry was awesome. Yes only 30 minutes but able to get done so much; as much of Fantasyland as we wanted plus Space before regular park open in DL. Guardians, Soarin’ and in line for RSR before regular park open
  • Never had any issues with rides we wanted being down
  • Mobile Order worked great. Food prices are out of hand expensive
  • Great experience with most cast members. Cast at Indy always looked miserable for some reason
  • Forgot how hot August can be and why is GE always 10° hotter than anywhere else in the parks?
5A74D0F2-449D-424A-804D-81AC3637E1CF.jpeg

Coming from Winnipeg, Canada for first real vacation in three years, staying at Camelot Inn and Suites Aug 28 to Sept 2, third trip to DL, after having done WDW and Disneyland Paris, can't wait to go back to where the magic first started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter