***Official DLR December 2021 Check-in Thread***

Aloha Disneylovers
Just booked 12/1-12/6 staying at the Alamo Inn and suites could not resist the $198.00 R.T. LIH to LAX have never seen it that low. Today I received news that Disney will honor our free tickets that we were suppose to use by JAN 2021, was not expecting this very excited. The only thing that makes me nervous is I see now you have to make a reservation to the parks. According to my email from DL Guest Services they will fed ex the tickets, hopefully soon, then I can make my reservation. Am I being silly about worrying about getting in to the park?

How wonderful!! I'm not sure what you mean by free tickets. Regular ticket holders have plenty of access right now, but I'm not sure what kind of tickets you have. My daughter has some free tickets she got as a CM and they have very limited access this time of year. If these are tickets you won or something, you should be ok but I'd definitely reserve as soon as you have them. I'd maybe call Disney and ask about it because your trip won't do you much good if you can't get into the parks. If they've issued the tickets and you're just waiting to receive them, they must have some record of the code numbers on them. However, it's not exactly an easy thing these days to get to someone who can help. Good luck!

To clarify what I said above about calling and getting the numbers on the tickets, that would allow you to link them immediately into your Disney account and make reservations. You wouldn't have to wait for them to arrive.

I wonder why Disneyland closes at 10pm on December 2 when it’s open until midnight every other day except for party nights. Thats our last day and I was thinking we would have until midnight every day. Oh well. We will survive but it’s just weird. Something must be going on.

How wonderful!! I'm not sure what you mean by free tickets. Regular ticket holders have plenty of access right now, but I'm not sure what kind of tickets you have. My daughter has some free tickets she got as a CM and they have very limited access this time of year. If these are tickets you won or something, you should be ok but I'd definitely reserve as soon as you have them. I'd maybe call Disney and ask about it because your trip won't do you much good if you can't get into the parks. If they've issued the tickets and you're just waiting to receive them, they must have some record of the code numbers on them. However, it's not exactly an easy thing these days to get to someone who can help. Good luck!
Aloha Dizme,
They are free tickets from some problems we had on our trip in 2019. Do you have a phone number that I could call? According to Disney I can only email them. My last correspondence with them I had asked if I could get the ticket numbers so I could reserve have not heard back yet. It does make me super nervous. The turnaround on emails seem to be sporadic.

Last edited:
Aloha Dizme,
They are free tickets from some problems we had on our trip in 2019. Do you have a phone number that I could call? According to Disney I can only email them. My last correspondence with them I had asked if I could get the ticket numbers so I could reserve have not heard back yet. It does make me super nervous. The turnaround on emails seem to be sporadic.
Yeah, it's very difficult to get through and when you do, it's often not the ones you need to speak with so you get transferred and wait again.

I have several phone numbers I've called to try and sort out some issues I've had, and honestly, I'm not sure which one is best to try first. There's 714-781-4565 (that's a general DL number), 714-956-6425 (another general number), and possibly 714-778-6600 which is also a general number but I was unable to get through on that one last time I called. Be prepared to stay on the line a long time. I had pretty good luck calling first thing in the morning (I think that was 8 am, so pretty early if you're calling from Hawaii). Good luck!!

I noticed that Carnation Cafe did not drop along with the others this morning. Anyone else trying for the 23rd of Dec today notice that too?

Edit to add that they dropped some time after that, just snagged my reservations!

Last edited:
I wonder why Disneyland closes at 10pm on December 2 when it’s open until midnight every other day except for party nights. Thats our last day and I was thinking we would have until midnight every day. Oh well. We will survive but it’s just weird. Something must be going on.
I noticed that too and wasn’t happy about it either. I was hoping it was a typo.

So they dropped some holiday foodie guides for WDW today. Hopefully that means Disneyland will be not too far behind. Plus I really want more details on the Merriest Nites party and what's going to be offered.

Hello! I am joining this thread! Excited to talk December Disney!

Myself, husband, and my 17-year-old son are spending CHRISTMAS at Disneyland! We will arrive Wednesday 12/22 (Driving from Phoenix). We have 3 full park days, the 23, 24, and 25th, and the morning of the 26th we can go for a few hours before driving back home. We *hopefully* plan to upgrade to Believe Keys if they still have them available. We are staying at Grand Legacy at the Park.

We haven't been inside Disneyland since April 2019. We previously had APs between 2015/2016. We've been to Disneyland for Thanksgiving twice, and once for Easter. We did attend an Oogie Boogie Bash a few weeks ago so we have been in DCA. We are looking forward to Galaxy's Edge!

We currently have reservations at Trader Sam's for Christmas Eve dinner and Lamplight Lounge for Christmas Day dinner. Right now I'm holding a reservation for Oga's on both the 24th & 25th, the morning I needed to make reservations for the 23rd I was having issues and it was refreshing the wrong date! So I'm hoping something comes open for the 23rd, if not we need to decide which day we want to go and how it fits into our day. I'm the kind of person that needs to go back to the room for a quick 20-minute nap mid-late afternoon. My son thinks he's rope-dropping & closing the park every day, LOL. We shall see!

I appreciate you being so quick to post these! I actually look here more than the Disney Parks Blog so I always find out here first :P.

I'm excited that there's a few vegetarian savory stuff on this update! The drinks sound amazing too.
Aw thanks! It's those twitter notifications! Plus it gives me a tiny break from work stuff. I see quite a few returning items from 2019 which I'm excited about.

Hello! I am joining this thread! Excited to talk December Disney!

Myself, husband, and my 17-year-old son are spending CHRISTMAS at Disneyland! We will arrive Wednesday 12/22 (Driving from Phoenix). We have 3 full park days, the 23, 24, and 25th, and the morning of the 26th we can go for a few hours before driving back home. We *hopefully* plan to upgrade to Believe Keys if they still have them available. We are staying at Grand Legacy at the Park.

We haven't been inside Disneyland since April 2019. We previously had APs between 2015/2016. We've been to Disneyland for Thanksgiving twice, and once for Easter. We did attend an Oogie Boogie Bash a few weeks ago so we have been in DCA. We are looking forward to Galaxy's Edge!

We currently have reservations at Trader Sam's for Christmas Eve dinner and Lamplight Lounge for Christmas Day dinner. Right now I'm holding a reservation for Oga's on both the 24th & 25th, the morning I needed to make reservations for the 23rd I was having issues and it was refreshing the wrong date! So I'm hoping something comes open for the 23rd, if not we need to decide which day we want to go and how it fits into our day. I'm the kind of person that needs to go back to the room for a quick 20-minute nap mid-late afternoon. My son thinks he's rope-dropping & closing the park every day, LOL. We shall see!
Welcome! I've updated your info on the first page.
Festival of the holidays foodie guide! (note to self - pack stretchy pants)
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...holidays-at-disney-california-adventure-park/
lily_belle, thank you so much for posting!

Our trips are coming up so soon. I'm so excited to get some holiday fun at Disneyland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter