***Official DLR July 2022 Check-in Thread***

mouschievous

DIS Veteran
I don't see a July thread yet, so I figured I should start one!

Key Dates
American Independence Day - July 4
Disneyland's Birthday! 🎂 - July 17
Dis-ers in Attendance
1-4: Jadelsp, BWPPI
1-5: PirateFrank, DLH
1-8: Nancy155, BWPPI
1-10: 1Disneylandfan, BWPPI/GCH/DLH
4-8: mouschievous, VGC
5-7: jaxsmith22
7-11: DisneyPups, BWPPI
8-10: GBRforWDW, Cambria or Clarion
8-12: TikiRob, VGC
8-13: Vicarrieous, VGC
10-12: Jaina
11-16: LV Disney Fan(atic), HoJo
11-20: Ferbtones10, split stay
13: IslaLila, HoJo
13-19: dec2009mama
16-18: DizMe
17: abbeyroad6282
17-20: Dodites, split stay BWPPI/Paradise Pier
17-20: KPeterso, VGC
20-21: cindernat, GCH
21: Bluewild79
21-24: GenGen22
23-27: nikerbokers, DLH
24-26: Batman79
24-31: NorthernCalMom, DLH
25-27: tkradtke
25-31: Sorcerer Jody, BWPPI
25-31: CrazDisMom
28-29: Ariel620, VGC
27-31: emmybee, Westin
27- 8/2: Disturbia, Home2 Hilton

DL Closures
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (reopens July 25, 2022)
Star Wars Launch Bay
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
Toontown

DCA Closures
Anna & Elsa's Royal Welcome
Red Car Trolley (reopens "summer 2022")
Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar

Last edited:
Ah! Thank you for starting this, I forget to look sometimes. I'm so excited, less than 2 months to go!

Our trip, myself, wife and DD7, is July 3 through 11 and spans 3 stops. Legoland, Sesame Place and Disneyland. We'll be at DL just 2 days, 8th at DL and 10th at DCA. Staying at either the Cambria or Clarion while in Anaheim.

Scored dining at Plaza for MSEP, Ogas, Lamplight and Napa Rose Princess Dining late breakfast on departure day.

Also, not a big deal, but you have toontown under DCA, should be DL 😉😉

We are excited to head back to DL for July 8-13th. We (Me, DH, DS-11 & DS-9) are staying DVC at the Grand Californian with 4 park days. We will be coming up from San Diego as we will be spending three days in La Jolla beforehand.

We were able to score Trader Sams, Cafe Orleans, WOC Dessert Party, Plaza Inn MSEP Dining Package, and Lamplight Lounge.

Our goals this trip is to enjoy the night time entertainment as none of it was available when we last went in Jan 2018 and try some new places and rides. We are also hoping for Blue Bayou and Pirates to reopen in time and Magic Bands to launch by June. We shall see as I keep all my fingers and toes crossed.

My trip with the BFF is for 10 days. 7/1-7/10, although we drive down 6/30 after work.
  1. Friday the 1st we'll be a beach day, likely Santa Monica (booked 1 night on points at Hilton Garden Inn in Pasadena).
  2. Sat-Mon, be at the parks, DL Sat/Mon, and DCA Sun.
  3. Tue / Wed, pool days, DLH for Tue and GCH for Wed.
  4. Thu / Fri, back at the parks, DCA for Thu and DL for Fri.
Currently booked across the street at BWPPI, Fri-Sun. Booked DLH for Mon/Tue, and GCH for Wed/Thu. Back across the street at BW Anaheim Inn for Fri/Sat. Depending on any sales Disney may drop, I will ponder adding Sun. night to DLH.

Surprising the BFF with MSEP lunch at Plaza Inn w/reserved viewing on Saturday. On Sunday with WOC dessert party 1st show. On Monday dinner to go at Hungry Bear w/reserved viewing for Fantasmic 1st show. Following Friday with dinner at Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge and fireworks viewing.

10 years ago I surprised her with Fantasmic reserved seating/desserts. All I told her was by this time we have to be in the back of the park. She said ok, and was trying to figure out all day what the secret was about. She told me later that night, how she thought we were going to be in the parade. I laughed and said, I don't have any connections like that.

I have other dining reservations (she knows about these). Trader Sam's for dinner after a pool day. Oga's Cantina (neither of us have been), Tangaroa Terrace for breakfast during DLH stay, breakfast at Carnation Cafe' on DL day, Carthay Circle for dinner on DCA day.

46 days until the adventure begins......

I'm coming for a couple of days, July 16-18 (last day is not a park day). I always try to go on July 17 for Disneyland's birthday! Currently have no reservations beyond park. I'll probably stay with my daughter or friend who both live in OC. I can't even remember if I've booked a flight, LOL. It's all dependent on a number of factors I am currently unable to ascertain.

We are going to be in Disneyland July 25 - 31st! I will be traveling with my 12 year old daughter and 13 year old son. We haven't been since they were 6 & 7!!! We have 5 day park hoppers.
July 25 - travel day, check in at BWPPI
July 26 - Disneyland
July 27 - DCA
July 28 - Disneyland
July 29 - DCA
July 30 - Disneyland
July 31 - travel day, back home

Woohoo! Greetings, July folks. My wife, DD17, DD13 and I will be at DLR July 8-12.

This trip for us (our first to SoCal/DLR) has been in the works since at least 2018. We were all set to leave March 18th, 2020! After rescheduling several times, we will be leaving July 5 for 3 nights in Hollywood/Santa Monica/LA. Planning a WB studio tour, beach time and other touristy things (creepy Elmo selfies!).

We then will be at DLR July 8-12 with first night at DLH and then three at VGC (not sure how but I got a DVC studio). We are WDW vets and I’m struggling to plan, but figure we have plenty of time, so we will be nimble. We have 5-day hoppers and our schedule is shaping up like this:

July 8: Arrive at DLH, drop off bags and head to DL. We’ll probably just soak in what we can while my wife and daughters make fun of me for crying like a baby. Hopefully catch fireworks and MSEP. Nightcap at Trader Sam’s.
July 9: Rope drop DL. Lunch at Cafe Orleans. Transfer to VGC. Hop to DCA in late afternoon and watch WOC. Night cap at Craftsman bar (I won’t mention night caps again but they are implied going forward).
July 10: Rope drop DCA. Brunch at Lamplight Lounge. Hop to DL on evening for Hungry Bear Fantasmic dinner/show.
July 11: Start at DL, but not much planned. Hopefully by this time we are just catching up on things we missed. We do have an Oga’s reservation. Pick whatever nighttime show everyone wants to do again.
July 12: Let the kids (and wife) sleep in. Check out of VGC. Storytellers Cafe Brunch and then back to the parks for whatever we want to ride or eat again. Fly out of SNA around 8pm.

Hope you all have great trips shaping up and happy to meet up for a hello if anyone has overlap days!

Woohoo! Greetings, July folks. My wife, DD17, DD13 and I will be at DLR July 8-12.

This trip for us (our first to SoCal/DLR) has been in the works since at least 2018. We were all set to leave March 18th, 2020! After rescheduling several times, we will be leaving July 5 for 3 nights in Hollywood/Santa Monica/LA. Planning a WB studio tour, beach time and other touristy things (creepy Elmo selfies!).

We then will be at DLR July 8-12 with first night at DLH and then three at VGC (not sure how but I got a DVC studio). We are WDW vets and I’m struggling to plan, but figure we have plenty of time, so we will be nimble. We have 5-day hoppers and our schedule is shaping up like this:

July 8: Arrive at DLH, drop off bags and head to DL. We’ll probably just soak in what we can while my wife and daughters make fun of me for crying like a baby. Hopefully catch fireworks and MSEP. Nightcap at Trader Sam’s.
July 9: Rope drop DL. Lunch at Cafe Orleans. Transfer to VGC. Hop to DCA in late afternoon and watch WOC. Night cap at Craftsman bar (I won’t mention night caps again but they are implied going forward).
July 10: Rope drop DCA. Brunch at Lamplight Lounge. Hop to DL on evening for Hungry Bear Fantasmic dinner/show.
July 11: Start at DL, but not much planned. Hopefully by this time we are just catching up on things we missed. We do have an Oga’s reservation. Pick whatever nighttime show everyone wants to do again.
July 12: Let the kids (and wife) sleep in. Check out of VGC. Storytellers Cafe Brunch and then back to the parks for whatever we want to ride or eat again. Fly out of SNA around 8pm.

Hope you all have great trips shaping up and happy to meet up for a hello if anyone has overlap days!

So fun! I totally know what you mean about feeling like you hit the lottery with VGC and DVC reservations. We got the same thing and were shocked! It took a lot of attempts though and we were finally able to get it.

Our schedule is somewhat similar. Maybe we will wave to you at rope drop at DL or DCA or lunch at Cafe Orleans! LOL.

Thank you for starting this! As many of you this a trip that has been postponed for 2 years. Will be my grandson and myself for his Birthday trip. Will arrive July 1st and depart July 8th.

I was able to get all the dining reservations desired and WOC desert party one night. Looking forward to sharing DLR with him.

Looks like several of us will be there at the same time!

Our trip is sort of a makeup trip. We were scheduled to go Sept 2020 with 20ish of our family members for my parents' 50th anniversary. We had rented points and were booked in a 2 BR at VGC. When everything got canceled, we decided to reschedule for Jan 2022 at WDW, which is easier for most of my family, and since my parents, H and I had never been we thought we should check it out.

But when we did that, it didn't use all our credit for our rented DVC points from our canceled trip, AND we decided we like DL better, so we came home and immediately booked a trip for this summer to DL, and that uses up the rest of our DVC credit. This will be our last Disney trip for a while as we want to do some other things. It will also be the first vacation H and I have taken just us since Jan 2019 (other than local trips to the beach or camping), so we're really looking forward to it.

July 4: Land at SNA about 5. Check in to hotel (GCH/VGC). Maybe pool for a bit? Head to DTD for dinner and watch fireworks from the esplanade. Back to hotel for bed so we can rope drop the next morning!

July 5: DL

July 6: DCA

July 7: DL, with reservations at Trader Sam's at 4

July 8: sleep in, pack up, drop our things at bell services, then Storyteller's brunch at 11:15. Either wander DTD or hang out at the pool for the rest of the day. We fly out of SNA in the evening, I think around 7.

We are rope dropping, park closing, mid-day break taking people, so we're excited to be staying to close! We also have hoppers, so I imagine we'll be back and forth quite a bit in the evenings.

1st time visit to Disneyland, been to WDW 7 times and Disneyland Paris 9 times.
All the way from UK.
Me and hubby, DS 18, DD15.

Travel day 8th July - staying 3 nights in Santa Monica to shake off jet lag. 😁

Staying in Anaheim for 11 nights split stay. 5 day park hopper.

Park days:
Tuesday 12th Disneyland
Thursday 14th DCA
Saturday 16th Disneyland
Monday 18th DCA
Wednesday 20th DCA/Disneyland

So far got Cafe Orleans for Tuesday 12th.

Hubby and DD18 are going to watch LAGalaxy on Wednesday 13th.
Friday 15th is Knotts Berry.

So excited.

Anyone have a checklist of things they hope are ready/open/released by July?

Here is my list -
Magic Bands
Blue Bayou
Pirates!
Early Morning Hours for Resort Guests
All of that minus BB since we didn't plan to eat there this trip anyway (But I hope it's open for those who want to eat there!).

Of all those, POTC is at the top of my list. It's one of my favorite ride (I can never decide between BTMRR and POTC) and I will probably cry if it's still closed during our trip.

I love hanging around in Hollywood. WB studio tour is a lot of fun. If you're driving and need a spot to park in Hollywood, turn up Highland off of Hollywood Blvd and there is a big parking garage on the left, you will come up the elevators and out into a shopping area.

Nice score on the DVC room, those are hard to come by. Keep in mind the studio only has 1 queen bed and the other is a pullout sofa bed. But having your own little mini apartment should be awesome!

Anyone have a checklist of things they hope are ready/open/released by July?

Here is my list -
Magic Bands
Blue Bayou
Pirates!
Early Morning Hours for Resort Guests
Definitely looking forward to early morning hours for resort hotel guests returning this summer! I would be sad if Pirates hasn't reopened when I'm there for the 1st week of July. My inclination is by July summer will be in full swing, so I would be surprised if these things aren't back and in place. Oh and having your purchases delivered to your room is a nice returning perk, not a deal breaker for me but a nice option.

Count us in for July! :cool1::cool1:

July 13th to July 19th

Park Days:
Thursday July 14th = DL
Friday July 15th = DCA
Saturday July 16th = DL
Sunday July 17th = DL (Disneyland 67th Birthday)
Monday July 18th = DCA

Not sure how crazy busy it will be on the Sunday as its disneyland's birthday -- since its not a milestone year but it could still draw a crowd?!?!

Nice score on the DVC room, those are hard to come by. Keep in mind the studio only has 1 queen bed and the other is a pullout sofa bed. But having your own little mini apartment should be awesome!
My wife and I have always told our girls they are welcome to come on our DVC trips as long as they don't mind a sleeper sofa! They don't seem to mind. :P

Squee!! I was waiting for this thread. Thank you, Mouschievous, for making it!!!

We’ll be arriving at the Disneyland Hotel on Sunday, July 24, and we’ll be leaving a week later, on July 31.

We got four-day-single-park tickets, and our reservations are for Tue, 7/26, and Thu 7/28 in Dland, as well as for Wed, 7/27, and Fri, 7/28 in CA.

DH, my kids (14 & 16) and I are old parks pros, but we will, this time, also have my sister (who has only been there once, and that was a long time ago) and my 15 year old niece, who is a complete Disney park virgin, so that’ll be exciting. Said niece is also a Harry Potter fan, so we’ll probably start out the week with Monday af Universal.

This is our first trip post COVID-19 closure, so I, as the big planner in the family, have a lot of homework to do. I’m currently thinking two Genie+ passes for my sister and niece on the first and second day only, since this way they might be able to ride a few things more than once. Who knows when they’ll be back again (they live in Germany, so it’s quite the trip for them)?

We’re early risers and rope droppers (here’s 🤞🤞🤞 for early admission being back by then), do I figure the rest of us should be able to do what we want to do without having to wait crazy long. I’ll start looking at the app’s wait times in June and early July to get a better feeling for what the crowds are like.

I’m looking forward to sharing our respective excitement with one another!!
❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter