***Official DLR July 2022 Check-in Thread***

Woohoo! Thanks for starting this thread! This will be my family’s first family vacation and first time to DL! Myself, husband daughter 8 and son 6. Going to try to rope drop each day but hubby and daughter aren’t morning people so we’ll see how that goes. Super excited to being going. 😀
Dates
July 25th - 31st

July 25th
Arrival may have dinner at Splitsville and explore DTD

July 26th
Disneyland- reservations for second show of F! with HB. Been trying for the past 10 days to get premium RBT with no luck ☹️

July 27th
DL- doing Star Wars got reservations for Oga’s and Savi’s debating on doing the Droids

July 28th
Universal Studios

July 29th
CA- going to try for the virtual que for WOC. Saw pictures of what you get for the Dessert Party and truly feel it not worth that crazy cost.

July 30th
DL- MSEP resevations and just enjoying last day at Disney.

July 31st
Last day may head back over to DTD for last minute shopping 🛍 before getting on the road.

I think I got all the stuff we need reservations for booked but any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated. We are super excited and can’t wait to go!

Did you all know that NEXT month we will all go to DL!

Cannot wait!

Right now I am still anxiously waiting to get a Blue Bayou reservation and awaiting news on Magic Bands and Early Resort Entry.

Speaking of BB, anyone with picky kids have a suggestion on what to order?

Did you all know that NEXT month we will all go to DL!

Cannot wait!

Right now I am still anxiously waiting to get a Blue Bayou reservation and awaiting news on Magic Bands and Early Resort Entry.

Speaking of BB, anyone with picky kids have a suggestion on what to order?

I have pretty much given up hope of MB+ being in play by the time we go, but one month from today I'll be in DCA so WHO CARES?! :rotfl:

Night time entertainment - we have 3 nights, so 3 opportunities to catch the various shows. Fireworks are bottom of the list. MSEP and WOC are tied for top of the list since we haven't seen them (well, I saw MSEP as a kid). We've both seen F! but would enjoy seeing it again. We are not doing any packages but are happy to catch the second show of any/all instead of the 1st. With that info, and knowing we're in the parks July 5, 6 and 7, how would you plan the evening entertainment?

I have pretty much given up hope of MB+ being in play by the time we go, but one month from today I'll be in DCA so WHO CARES?! :rotfl:

Night time entertainment - we have 3 nights, so 3 opportunities to catch the various shows. Fireworks are bottom of the list. MSEP and WOC are tied for top of the list since we haven't seen them (well, I saw MSEP as a kid). We've both seen F! but would enjoy seeing it again. We are not doing any packages but are happy to catch the second show of any/all instead of the 1st. With that info, and knowing we're in the parks July 5, 6 and 7, how would you plan the evening entertainment?

This is total knee jerk but......

I would do MSEP on 7/5 mainly because I think many will be there on July 4th and will be at DCA on 7/5 (total guess)
WOC on 7/6 or 7/7
Fantasmic would go with whichever you don't decide for WOC

Have a fabulous time!

Good point - if people are at DL on the 4th and it's not their last day, they'll probably do DCA on the 5th (which only matters for the one park per day people, but still). And DL is open later, so it makes sense to do that one and then close down the park that night. Maybe do WOC on the 6th since it's night #2 and we're liable to be tired, then we can just leave straight to GCH and get to bed a little early that night since we'll definitely RD every morning.

Right now I am still anxiously waiting to get a Blue Bayou reservation
Definitely keep checking, but I did post last week that they will be doing standby both in app and walk up indefinitely, so if reservations aren't available for your dates, be sure to check in early for stand by seating

I'm planning a rather last minute one day trip for me and two of my four kids on Thursday, July 21. We have to go to CA for the teen's basketball tournament so we're sneaking a day at DL in before her tournament. We aren't telling my just turned six year old until we get there but he's going to be so excited! We went in March before character hugs were back and he desperately wants to give Mickey a giant hug! We'll be staying at Fairfield Inn for two nights and planning on being there for rope drop and staying as long as we can!

Last edited:
Ok BB reservations opened today! Now I am waiting on Early Entry news and Magic Bands.....Can it happen within two weeks before we arrive?
Thank you! I was able to get a lunch reservation and will request voucher for Fantasmic! Today was the one day I haven’t been able to stalk the reservations! Thank goodness for disboard family!!

We'll be there July 13th just for one day, staying at the Hojo. We'll be at the beach for a few days before that. We were there in March and stayed at GCH, which was amazing. But we (my husband especially) were bummed about Pirates being closed, so whatdya know, we're going back. He wants to ride Pirates "at least 3 times"; I love everything, but am mostly looking forward to Pirates, Rise, and the cold brew black caf at Docking Bay 7.

I'm going to WDW with friends in Oct, and husband and I are probably going to WDW next May, so I don't know when we'll be back at Disneyland. I want to smush as much as possible into this one day.

Anyone else starting to get nervous about flights? I know so many people who've had trips to various places changed drastically or even completely canceled due to canceled flights. Granted, most who had fully canceled trips were flying to and/or from smaller/less traveled places, or had connections they wouldn't make, but still I probably won't stop worrying until our flight is safely in Orange County.

Is anyone contemplating a backup travel plan?

Anyone else starting to get nervous about flights? I know so many people who've had trips to various places changed drastically or even completely canceled due to canceled flights. Granted, most who had fully canceled trips were flying to and/or from smaller/less traveled places, or had connections they wouldn't make, but still I probably won't stop worrying until our flight is safely in Orange County.

Is anyone contemplating a backup travel plan?
We were affected by cancellations during our WDW trip in December. Really hoping for smooth flights this time, but we usually have good luck with Delta when things do happen. Always concerning until the flight is off the ground!

Here's hoping everyone has a smooth flight schedule!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter