**Official DLR November 2022 check in thread **

A month til dining reservation month-what are folks hoping to grab?
I think I may just be going for Blue Bayou on our last day. I'm going to attempt RBT Premium F! for our Friday night, but am not holding my breath on that one since it books almost instantly.

We are trying to decide-I’m willing to spring for one special thing but only one for the whole gang as with 8 it gets so expensive. We did WOC dessert party for my 50th January of 2020-so had the Christmas version. I’d lean towards doing this again if it wasn’t Christmas but I think it will be mid-December? My mom, sister and my daughter’s boyfriend have never seen WOC so maybe that’s the way to go.

We’ve done the Fantasmic BB package twice and we love the show-but the food is so mediocre and so expensive it makes me angry. I’ll have to keep an eye on reviews as we get closer. Maybe now that can get alcohol there I’ll be less upset-take the edge off.

We are going to do a character breakfast, but we are debating which one. I also am trying for Oga’s Cantina. Since we will be there on Thanksgiving, we are trying to decide what we want for dinner that night….it’s our California Adventure Day.

I will be trying for a Blue Bayou Fantasmic package. I would like a dinner but don't yet know when the cutoff time will be for a first show if there are two showing that night. If it will only be showing on week-ends then Friday will be my only chance. I also want to get a Plaza Inn character breakfast. I think all other meals will be quick service or breakfast in the room. I also hope to get a Bibbidi Bobiddi Boutique appointment for DGD8 and a Savi's Workshop experience for DGS8.

I am on the list in first post- in parks Nov 8-11 - but forgot to mention I am staying at the Tropicana,

I'd love to get Lamplight. Trying to decide if we should do WOC dessert party. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can get good low sodium dinner options for Fantasmic. I always liked the Hungry Bear package - the food was decent, and the viewing area wasn't bad, either - but it's definitely not low sodium. I'd rather not pay $$$ for the food at RBT or BB when they've both been mediocre lately.

We will be doing 21 Royal again and possibly Chef's Counter at Napa Rose, so probably will just try for a lunch res at Lamplight one day and maybe breakfast at River Belle one morning. I'm sure we will end up at Trader Sam's at some point...might just do walk-up, though. Sooo excited for this trip! I just love the holiday decor and treats at the parks!!😊

November 8-11 here!
Fairfield Anaheim.
Wife and I for an adults only trip while in LA for a friend's wedding.
We are DVC members and WDW regulars, super excited about our first trip to DLR!
Hoping to do a WOC dessert package.

Last edited:
I’m so excited for you! While I love WDW, DL has my heart (and it’s soooo much easier logistics-wise than WDW).

November 22-28 for my and my husband. Staying at Best Western Park Place Inn. We have been frequent visitors of DL and WDW but haven't been to DL over the holidays for a couple of years and we are looking forward to small world holiday again!

We will be there from Nov 13 - 17. My husband and I, our son and his wife, and our 2 grandkids (7 and almost 2). Our last trip was 4 years ago .. will be interesting to see all the changes. Instead of booking 2 hotel rooms we decided to try a 3 bedroom townhouse. It's right off of Walnut and Magic Way so should be pretty convenient.

We just booked our flights today! Will be at DL Nov. 2-7. I should have looked at hotel prices before I booked, yikes. Prices have seriously doubled since we booked back in 2019. So we will probably be doing a bit more walking this time around - last time we stayed at the Desert Inn and loved being so close, but I just can't pay over $200/night. I booked BW Stovall's with a refundable rate and will keep looking, but it was the only place I found under $200/night! (converted to CAD).

We will be there 11/16 - 11/18 at VGC. I have not yet started thinking about dining. We are local and go a lot, so all quick service is ok with us. Maybe throw Storytellers in the mix one day. Right now, I am in full planning mode for a 2 week vacation to WDW in just over a month.

DS14 and I had a fun chat about our November trip on the way to his orthodontist & dentist appointments today, and he said that he definitely wants to do the WOC dessert party, so he's going to contribute some of the money he's earned dog/cat/plant sitting this summer to pay for it. He's feeling wealthy with all the gigs he's gotten in the last couple months, so he wants to pay for a few "extras" for the trip. I had to gently remind him that things cost more than he's expecting and the money he's earned will vanish a lot faster than he thinks!

DS and I have been doing Disneyland trips together since he was a toddler, and he has become the best travel buddy! I don't know how many more trips like this we'll be able to take, but I'm so glad we've got this one booked. Every year I think maybe he'll decide he's too old to go to Disneyland with his mom, but then he surprises me again with his enthusiasm for our trips.

We’re going to be there 11/9-11/12 staying at The Camelot Inn. Going to get one last trip in before our MK expires.

I’m happy we’ll catch one official day of Christmas! Does anyone know if they’ll have the trees and other Christmas lights on prior to that?

This is our 2nd trip to Disneyland (WDW vets). Our first trip I realized the hard way that everything does not have performances every day/night. We are going Sunday 13th through Thursday 17th. What shows/events will happen every day? What are we going to miss? Will any happen on Sunday, but not the weekdays that I need to plan to see that day? Thanks for all of the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter