• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official DLR October 2021 Check-in Thread***

Grand CA 10/10/21-10/14/21. Have park tickets from early 2020. Is it best to reserve all 3 days at same time? Or can you reserve 1 day at a time as calendar opens?

All set* for October 3-9, GCH, 5-day hoppers -- the trip we planned for April 2020, then July 2020, then October 2020 ... then finally gave up and canceled 😭. The whole fam is SO DANG EXCITED to go back!!!

One thing -- the last day, the day we fly home, will be our daughter's 14th bday, and we want to do something special for her that morning; we won't be in a huge rush (need to leave for the airport by about 10:30), so I'm thinking some kind of special breakfast? She's not into the character experiences (teenage embarrassment, lol); any other ideas?

(*except for park reservations, which open for me on Monday!)

Tentatively October 25-30 - booked hotel a while ago, but am waiting to get plane tickets, or DL park hoppers.
Also hoping something comes out soon re: Halloween as I'll be there during peak time for locals to visit for Halloween!
Just me.

Will need to reschedule, will re-post if it ends up in October.

Last edited:
All set* for October 3-9, GCH, 5-day hoppers -- the trip we planned for April 2020, then July 2020, then October 2020 ... then finally gave up and canceled 😭. The whole fam is SO DANG EXCITED to go back!!!

One thing -- the last day, the day we fly home, will be our daughter's 14th bday, and we want to do something special for her that morning; we won't be in a huge rush (need to leave for the airport by about 10:30), so I'm thinking some kind of special breakfast? She's not into the character experiences (teenage embarrassment, lol); any other ideas?

(*except for park reservations, which open for me on Monday!)

if the steakhouse is open at DLH by then, they had nice classy breakfasts without characters before... we personally like storytellers with the characters... my dd is older than yours and thinks storytellers is more chill vibes. Whether they have characters or not by there is also up in the air.

Excited to say we can be added for a trip in October! We are going to fly down from Seattle for a long weekend. We have reservations at the DLH for 3 nights arriving Thursday night Oct 14. Now, I'm just hoping that Disneyland gets added to the Salute to Service discount. I'll pay the full ticket price if I have to, but that Salute to Service discount is amazing.

Here is is! The official October 2021 check in thread.

Give your details and I'll add them to the list.

October 2 - 7 Kikismom Dolphin's Cove
October 3 - 6 nikerbokers GC Villas
October 4 - 7 abbeyroad6282
October 7 - 10 Mommy2PrincessAbby
October 7 - 11 DisneyMomOfJC GC
October 8 - 12 jcourtney
October 9 - 16 coachbev
October 11 - 14 gpjacobs GC
October 14 - 16 taaren VGC
October 18 - 23 DisDad4Life
October 22 - 25 abent
October 23 - 26 MintRR VGC
October 26 - 31 Vacay77
October 31 Corpsebride
October 3-15 thehappyplace

Are any of the October group (especially if you have hotel reservations) able to make park reservations yet? When they changed it to 120 days out, I went to check, but the "Make a Reservation" button was still greyed out; it said reservations for my trip would be available May 31. So yesterday, I checked again; button was active, but the month of October is blank on the calendar and there's a message saying "Looking for future dates? blah blah they come available on a rolling basis, please check back." Do I really have to keep checking every day from now till ... whenever?

Are any of the October group (especially if you have hotel reservations) able to make park reservations yet? When they changed it to 120 days out, I went to check, but the "Make a Reservation" button was still greyed out; it said reservations for my trip would be available May 31. So yesterday, I checked again; button was active, but the month of October is blank on the calendar and there's a message saying "Looking for future dates? blah blah they come available on a rolling basis, please check back." Do I really have to keep checking every day from now till ... whenever?

Its not my turn yet... but what you are seeing sounds par for the course for Disneyland, and gives me a little hope that maybe that are planning to drop reservations come fall? Wouldnt that be amazing?

Its not my turn yet... but what you are seeing sounds par for the course for Disneyland, and gives me a little hope that maybe that are planning to drop reservations come fall? Wouldnt that be amazing?
I didn't even think of it that way! Oh maaaaan, wouldn't that be nice -- we could have true park-hopping, and maybe even magic morning & max pass back! 😍 A girl can dream ... I just wanna smell the pumpkin spice in the Haunted Mansion holiday ...

I wish things would go back the way they were, but I think they wanted reservations well before Covid-19 and they will be required for a while (maybe indefinitely). It benefits them from a cost (guaranteed income further in advance) and operational/logistics standpoint to know exactly who will be where & when (what type of tickets and other guest demographics) for cast member scheduling, show hours, dining, etc. They were heading that direction and testing the waters with APs when the Flex Pass was introduced and for day/multiday tickets they were already asking for dates of travel and had started the tiered pricing. Covid-19 gave them the perfect opportunity to make the switch and not get so much flack from the guests/customers…

Last edited:

We go on October 2nd and can't select that day until this upcoming Friday. That would be our 120 days out. I've been looking daily and it seems to be rolling. 120 days from today appears to be September 30th. I like the reservations but we travel pretty far so we always know pretty far in advance when we are going.

booked 10/7 today... looks like I have to do this one day at a time... starting with DL that first day since we have a late arrival.

At this point, I say they should wait to announce Any Halloween Parties or Events until July 1st if they are going to have them. That way we can all get our Oct dates reserved first without the extra competition those events would bring… LOL

Btw when I called to add a 4th day to our hopper, I learned BWPPI is already fully booked for our trip, so if you don’t have your hotel room booked, get on it, I think it’s gonna be very busy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter