***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

Count us in!! It will be myself and DD15. our dates are Sept. 8-11th, Embassy Suites South. We will fly since we caught a flash deal and flying was cheaper than the gas to drive from Az!! Costumes will be Marie (Aristocats) for me and Mirabel for my daughter. Hoping to go to Oogie Boogie Bash! But we will attend one day at D23 expo as well!! We have not been to our home park in 3 years so we are thrilled!!

I'm trying to talk my daughter into going as Marie. It's her absolute favorite character. In advance of our trip all she wanted for her birthday were Aristocats and Marie pins and lanyards. lol

Going to use this space to start planning out our trip. And keep a running list of things I don't want to forget!

Reservations
Our Park reservation window opens on June 17th (or June 13th if you believe the MyReservations section on DL.com)
Our Dining reservation window opens on August 16th

OBB Parade Dining Package - if it returns
Blue Bayou
Trader Sam's
Savi's Workshop - Light Saber build
Goofy's Kitchen or Storytellers?
Lamplight Lounge ?

Park Plan
Saturday - DL
Sunday - DCA
Monday - DL
Tuesday - Pool and DTD, OBB in the evening (fingers crossed!)
Wednesday - DL
Thursday - DCA

Must do activities
Fantasmic!
WOC
OBB - Of course!

Must eats (this is a working list)

Corndogs
Pretzels
Churros

Tangaroa Terrace
Dole Whip with Rum - try with Tajin!
Tangaroa Toast

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
Beignets

Candy Place
Churro Toffee

Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe
Matterhorn Macaroon

Pym's Test Kitchen
PB3 Superb Sandwich
Not So Little Chicken Sandwich

More to come...

Tips/Things to remember
-Mobile order a Raspberry Macaron early in the day
-Mobile order lunch early in the day
-Watch fireworks from It's A Small World
-Watch fireworks another night from hotel rooftop bar (if we stay at The Westin)
-Take one of my 5k virtual medals with me and complete a 5k in DTD area on an early morning
-Do not waste money on Genie+, Do not waste money on Genie+, Do not waste money on Genie+

I'll think of more I'm sure.

Last edited:
I was second guessing my Halloween costume last night. I love Maleficent and found some great costume ideas. But then I thought she's so evil and snarky the pressue to perform around her might be too much!

I hit a milestone! Less than 150 days to go :laughing:

A couple weeks back I put together a bunch of dinner and a movie dates and we've been picking one at random to do each Sunday. This weekend we're doing today and tomorrow to make up for missing last week -- it's been fun! And a way to try some new foods & recipes I wouldn't normally reach for.

Ooooo... I'll start a post about our plans too.

Schedule
October 11: Fly into SNA. Check into DLH around noon. Pool and Dinner at Goofy's kitchen.

October 12-17: Disneyland!

October 18th- Flight leaves SNA at 4:20pm. (In Uber by 2pm)

Reservation window starts to open June 8th
Dinning Reservations start August 12tg

Reservations:

Blue Bayou Fantasmic (If back..)
Goofy's kitchen.
WOC Dessert Party
Lamplight Lounge
Princess Breakfast
Maybe BBB if it comes back.
Trader Sam's

Favorite Quick Service
DCA: Ronto Roasters, Docking Bay 7, Jolly Holiday, pym test kitchen
DL: Award Wieners, Flo's, Cocina, Cucamonga,

Snacks
Dole Whip, Galaxy's edge cold brew, Flo's milkshakes, adorable snowman, Cozy Cone, Halloween Treats!
Orange creme shake smoke jumpers

Park Plans (5 day 1 park per day tickets with Genie +)

Wednesday DCA (lamplight and WOC)
Thursday: Disneyland (Fantasmic)
Friday: DCA
Saturday: Disneyland (BBB)
Sunday: Sleep in! OBB (princess breakfast)
Monday: DCA

Must Do's
(This trip is focused on the kids)

All night time shows
Avengers Campus/ Web slingers. My son must meet Spiderman.
Princesses
Ride snow white
GET A FAMILY PICTURE IN FRONT OF THE PUMPKIN
Show the kids Galaxy's Edge
Personalized ears
Silhouettes

Tips/ things
Use mobile order, Genie + and ILL to coordinate our time in GE with smugglers and Rise and meals there.
We have Genie+.. use rope drop for non genie+ rides
Wait for the Halloween foodie guide!
Mobile order
Make lightsabers in tomorrow land

Last edited:
*Insert swear words of choice here*, I just got the email I've been dreading from Delta. They've changed my flight by 12 hours!!! Which completely wipes out my first day. I got a good deal on flights back in January, so change fees are $$$ (like $400-500 more/ticket😳, NOT happening). So, I've got to go back to the drawing board on dates, or drive instead of fly. Didn't really want to drive because this was a special trip for me and my daughter. Ugh! If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner having a pity party.

*Insert swear words of choice here*, I just got the email I've been dreading from Delta. They've changed my flight by 12 hours!!! Which completely wipes out my first day. I got a good deal on flights back in January, so change fees are $$$ (like $400-500 more/ticket😳, NOT happening). So, I've got to go back to the drawing board on dates, or drive instead of fly. Didn't really want to drive because this was a special trip for me and my daughter. Ugh! If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner having a pity party.
They changed them already?!!! I thought if they changed then they had to give you 1 free change..

They changed them already?!!! I thought if they changed then they had to give you 1 free change..
Their idea of a free change is putting us on a 7pm flight, since they've canceled the 7am flight we had booked. We were supposed to be there by noon, and go to the park that day. Now we aren't even scheduled to land until 9:45pm. I'm flying out of a regional airport, so options are limited. If I add a day to the end of the trip to make up for the park day we'll miss, or fly in a day earlier, it adds about $400 to each ticket. Back to the drawing board. I don't have a lot of flexibility because I'm working around my daughter's fall break.

Marie is my absolute fave character too! I find it is easy to do a cosplay costume. So excited! Just wish we had more Disneyland details released..ugh!

Their idea of a free change is putting us on a 7pm flight, since they've canceled the 7am flight we had booked. We were supposed to be there by noon, and go to the park that day. Now we aren't even scheduled to land until 9:45pm. I'm flying out of a regional airport, so options are limited. If I add a day to the end of the trip to make up for the park day we'll miss, or fly in a day earlier, it adds about $400 to each ticket. Back to the drawing board. I don't have a lot of flexibility because I'm working around my daughter's fall break.
Crisis averted. When I checked this morning, Delta's pricing for the flight I needed had dropped drastically. I have no idea why prices were so ridiculous last night. I had to shift to leaving day earlier, and I'm flying into LGB instead of SNA now, but it all works out. My new dates are Oct 21-24. Hopefully, no more changes!🤞🏻

Crisis averted. When I checked this morning, Delta's pricing for the flight I needed had dropped drastically. I have no idea why prices were so ridiculous last night. I had to shift to leaving day earlier, and I'm flying into LGB instead of SNA now, but it all works out. My new dates are Oct 21-24. Hopefully, no more changes!🤞🏻
Glad you got this worked out. I hate vacation planning stress especially when you think you’ve already got it all set up. Frustrating!!

We will be visiting DLR in October for my son's first birthday! We will be staying at the DLH starting 10/11 and checking out 10/15 (his birthday is 10/14) and going to the parks 10/12-10/14. We can't wait!
pooh:

We will be visiting DLR in October for my son's first birthday! We will be staying at the DLH starting 10/11 and checking out 10/15 (his birthday is 10/14) and going to the parks 10/12-10/14. We can't wait!
pooh:
How fun! If you haven't thought about it already, I highly recommend ordering a birthday cake at a restaurant for him. I've done that for both of my kids and one time Mickey made a huge deal about, leading a parade of characters to our table and the entire restaurant staff sang. Of course if your little is frightened of big characters it might be traumatic. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter