***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

Taking the family for the first time to DL.
Checking in on August 31st but doing the 3 parks on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of September.
Currently, staying at Anaheim Desert Inn but would/will switch to Candy Cane Inn if they open up until there.

Planning a trip to San Diego to visit relatives and I'm sneaking in a quick overnight stay at Paradise Pier on September 18th/19th. This will be my first time back at DisneyLand in, well, longer than I care to believe. Can't wait to see everything.

We are booked for Labor Day weekend, which is also the last days we can use our annual passes. The Southwest deal last week was too good to pass up, so we booked! Staying at the BW Anaheim Inn this time.

I have been out of town and when the OBB announcement came out I was on top of a mountain! I had cell service long enough to read my email but not long enough to come post about it. So Yaayyyyyyyy!!!! One more step closer to having everything all planned out!

Booked my flights today and the prices were NOT pretty 😭 Where are my $50 flights? I'll be literally flying solo if anyone is up for hanging on labor day weekend.

I think this may have been mentioned before but I couldn't find anything when I searched...

Is it really still warm enough in October to have a pool day? Trying to decide if we could plan on that given our travel plans.

We'll be there for six days and have 5 day hopper tickets. Our original plan was Day 1 would be a travel only day/Downtown Disney day and we'd start at the parks on Day 2. But the cheap flight we snagged gets us into the airport at 8:30am. Would probably be at the hotel by 9:30am at the latest. So we have a whole day ahead of us. Now I have options.

Option 1 - Use Day 1 (Saturday) as DTD and a pool day. Start parks on Day 2 (Sunday). This means that we would have a day in the parks on our OBB day. But the question would be - start in DL and hop over at mix in or stay the whole day in DCA??

Option 2 - Start parks on Day 1. Do a pool day on OBB day (hopefully the Tuesday option) and head to DCA after mix in. This option gives us 6 days in the parks and feels like we're getting more for our money this way and we're not blowing the cost of a full ticket on a day we'd already be able to go to DCA.

Even though we'd be up early to catch such an early flight, we've done it before on other trips and the adrenaline of the vacation kept us going. We could always take a nap late afternoon and head back for night time entertainment.

I start making park reservations tomorrow IF we use Day 1 as a park day. So I'm like out of time to decide and don't know which way to go! lol

I think this may have been mentioned before but I couldn't find anything when I searched...

Is it really still warm enough in October to have a pool day? Trying to decide if we could plan on that given our travel plans.

We'll be there for six days and have 5 day hopper tickets. Our original plan was Day 1 would be a travel only day/Downtown Disney day and we'd start at the parks on Day 2. But the cheap flight we snagged gets us into the airport at 8:30am. Would probably be at the hotel by 9:30am at the latest. So we have a whole day ahead of us. Now I have options.

Option 1 - Use Day 1 (Saturday) as DTD and a pool day. Start parks on Day 2 (Sunday). This means that we would have a day in the parks on our OBB day. But the question would be - start in DL and hop over at mix in or stay the whole day in DCA??

Option 2 - Start parks on Day 1. Do a pool day on OBB day (hopefully the Tuesday option) and head to DCA after mix in. This option gives us 6 days in the parks and feels like we're getting more for our money this way and we're not blowing the cost of a full ticket on a day we'd already be able to go to DCA.

Even though we'd be up early to catch such an early flight, we've done it before on other trips and the adrenaline of the vacation kept us going. We could always take a nap late afternoon and head back for night time entertainment.

I start making park reservations tomorrow IF we use Day 1 as a park day. So I'm like out of time to decide and don't know which way to go! lol
It’ll be warm enough to swim in the pool in October. Although it can vary literally day to day. One day highs in the 90s, next day high in the 60s.

For park days, I’d do option 2. You’ll start later in the day on day 1, but you’ll get “6” park days like you mentioned and get your pool day break in the middle.

It’ll be warm enough to swim in the pool in October. Although it can vary literally day to day. One day highs in the 90s, next day high in the 60s.

For park days, I’d do option 2. You’ll start later in the day on day 1, but you’ll get “6” park days like you mentioned and get your pool day break in the middle.
The pool day in the middle of the week is another benefit to that plan I mentioned to my husband. My daughter and I could go Disney 24/7 but my son would appreciate a mid-trip break. Might be nice to do a character breakfast this day so the day is bookended with Disney. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter