• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

We are staying at the Alamo Inn from Sunday 9/25- Friday 9/29!

We have Monday at Disneyland, Tuesday as a beach day, Wednesday CA Adventure, and Thursday a second Disneyland day. It is our 5 (almost 6) year olds first time to Disneyland, and my first time back in about 8 years! I am nervous and excited, hoping my MONTHS of planning pays off to be a magical time for my kiddo :)

Since it has been a while, I have some questions if anyone can help out!
Is Monday a horrible day for us to go? I have been watching the Disneyland app for ride wait times every day and keeping a log- and Monday are consistently the busiest days it seems. Does that spill into September as well, or is it while annual pass holders are blocked? Or are all days going to be packed and we just go for it?

Has early entry changed anyone's plans for rope drop? Since we aren't staying at a Disney hotel, I had a great rope drop plan, and I am wondering if I need to change that based on how busy early entry makes it. OR does it make it less busy in Fantastyland in the mornings since early entry peeps can hit those rides before others come into the park?

Thank you in advanced!:)

Hi! I've been looking but I can't seem to find the answer to this...does anyone have experience booking lightsabers at Savi's? I was wondering if those opened up at 6am pst like dining does. Do they go fast and if we don't get a reservation, is a walk-up possible?

Thanks!

We have had some change of plans. I have a BB Fantasmic reservation for two on Sunday 9/18 at 4:50 for the first show. Happy to try to arrange a coordinated release so someone else can maybe get a little pixie dust and snag it. I also have a trader Sam reservation for three on Wednesday 9/21 at 2:50 also up for grabs.
Checking one more time to see if anyone wants to try and snag 9/18 4:50 BB Fantasmic first showing res x2 and/or 9/21 trader sams 2:50 res x3 before I cancel them :)

If you're flying Southwest, keeping checking the flight prices! Ours have now gone down twice. I got enough of a credit to get a free flight for our WDW trip!

Goodness! When are they going to drop the entertainment times outside of Oogie. :)
I’m ready to plan! 16 days till I can start booking dining. Nervous about the Halloween weekend we are going (10/27-10/31) but at least now I’m staying on property. Ha

Hi all. Getting excited about my mid-September trip. As this is my first time in California, I have a question about weather. I keep seeing people talk about how hot is in the parks and that September is one of the hottest months. I am coming from Florida and I am pretty skilled at doing WDW in July and August (although I don't prefer it then, obviously. lol) Looking at average temperatures, the Anaheim temps of 85/65 seem like Heaven to me. Am I missing something? Is it really gonna feel miserable hot? Thanks, Ellen

Hi all. Getting excited about my mid-September trip. As this is my first time in California, I have a question about weather. I keep seeing people talk about how hot is in the parks and that September is one of the hottest months. I am coming from Florida and I am pretty skilled at doing WDW in July and August (although I don't prefer it then, obviously. lol) Looking at average temperatures, the Anaheim temps of 85/65 seem like Heaven to me. Am I missing something? Is it really gonna feel miserable hot? Thanks, Ellen
85 with the sun anywhere is hot to me. Not especially miserable unless you're stuck in a line outside of a ride and have no choice but to just stand there under the blazing sun. At night though it will cool off considerably. We've been in sweatshirts in May when the sun goes down.

I plan on taking some cooling towels with us - they are made of special material that stays cool throughout the day and you can put it around your neck or make a headband of it. My son keeps saying he wants a neck fan. I think those are weird, but I'm sure they work. lol

We just got back from Disneyland for a last minute, quick trip for a birthday in our family. We were originally only supposed to visit Universal Studios, but I kept hoping and wishing that we could visit Disneyland real quick to see Disneyland Forever and the Main Street Electrical Parade one last time before they glow away September 1st. We had been checking for weeks but airfare was too pricey and the month was just too busy. We were finally able to book last minute and I still don't know how we were able to swing it time-wise, but I am so overjoyed that we were able to go! The shows were absolutely beautiful and our view was perfect for each.

Halloween merchandise is in full swing and decorations are starting to pop up which is super exciting! I am hoping I'll be able to do a trip report, but I'll have to see if I can ever get time with how busy I'm staying at work. The Minnie Mouse witch hat was super tempting to purchase. I wasn't sure if they were just kid sized or not. I may have to buy that when we're back in October!

It will be pure heaven to you! The humidity in FL is no joke. It will be warm but more like a nice day imo. I live in Northern CA and love the weather in Southern CA and come to DL September/October every year. It does cool off a little in the evenings so you will probably need a light jacket.

We live in Iowa which in the fall can be hot/cold or perfect.. we've been to Disneyland twice in late November and late December and once in July. We were really only hot one of those days in July.

We did WDW in October 2020 were SO Hot!

We're visiting from the 20th to the 24th, with our Oogie Boogie Bash tickets scheduled on arrival day...that's going to be rough.
Got all the reservations we wanted with the exception of Trader Sams for the 22nd. But crossing my fingers for some last minute cancellations.

Checking one more time to see if anyone wants to try and snag 9/18 4:50 BB Fantasmic first showing res x2 and/or 9/21 trader sams 2:50 res x3 before I cancel them :)
Interested in trying for the Trader Sams at 2:50 if you still have it. We're hoping for an opening for dinner on the 23rd, but lunch on the 21st works fine as well :)

Good morning! If anyone is interested in a Trader Sam's reservation for 10/10 at 7:40 pm, let me know! We can try to coordinate a drop :) In my excitement my fiancé and I both accidentally booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter