***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

25 days!! I have cemented our plans for dinning reservations. We have:

Goofys kitchen for arrival day dinner
Lamplight lounge lunch
Plaza in character breakfast- booked for late time for a more brunch
Ogas (have not decide if we will keep this)
WOC dessert party
Trader sams (just me...)
Hungry bear fantasmic
Princess breakfast
Blue bayou lunch
Storytellers brunch on departure day.

May seem like a lot, but its just one per day. We are there for 7 full days plus travel days. I'm now working on a general plan of where we might want to get QS. For us we do better if we kinda have a plan and get our mobile order in earlier. Also working on a general plan for EE rides and using genie+ and what in park shows like lion king etc we want to hit. Also working on my OBB plan. Getting so close!

23 more sleeps till we leave for Disney!!

So excited over here.

My daughters asks me each day "are you excited for Disney Mum"? the other day it slipped out "**** yes" to which I had to reply" hell yes "which I don't think was a better response either.

It is starting to feel real as told her Teacher yesterday that she will be away for a week after the school holidays. ( The Principal has okayed the leave.)

On a side note does anyone know where to find Lion King/Lion guard stuff as that has been one of her favourites for a couple of years now. She was asking me if there are any Lion King toys at Disney or Lion king rides. I told her there are no rides.

Will be there October 2-4, staying at the GCH.

Doing OBB on the 2nd, DLP on the 3rd.

We're also doing Knott's Scary Farm on Oct 1, and staying over at their hotel.

We go to DL in 4 days!!! I am beyond excited- it is a surprise first trip for our 5 almost 6 year old. I have been nervous though about how busy it has been...anyone that has been recently that has a good Genie+ strategy they followed that worked really well??

Ok so I may be late for this but it is my wife's 50th bday and she selected Disneyland. I already arranged the surprise basket in the room. I was wondering if anyone here had ideas for a t-shirt that i can surprise her with. She doesn't have a super favorite character per se but just the Disney magic feeling.... Any ideas or resources where I can get one for her?

Thanks!

We’ve been at the parks the last 2 days. DCA on Monday and DL today (Tuesday). Mornings have definitely been the best time to go for the shortest lines because it is so crowded! We have utilized Genie+ which has helped a lot. But, I think they allow too many to be given out. Many times the LL lines have been extremely long and extending out into the walkways. We’ve had some rides take about 45min - 1 hour to complete that we had LL for. Splash (after a shut down), Soarin’ and Gaurdians Monsters After Dark were the worst offenders. Soarin only had one side open on a day that was completely out of reservations. I’m not sure why that happened, but if the parks are completely sold out of reservations, then they need to be running things at full capacity! It was still faster than standby, but I can’t figure out why they give out so many LLs if they can’t keep up the demand.

We have done a lot of rides at both parks, but it has been so so crowded. Prepare yourselves for that. Mobile order has been great though and helped a ton. I can’t even imagine trying to do much without Genie+ either. That really has helped so much.

I have the following to cancel if anyone wants to try to grab them at a certain time. If they aren’t claimed by Saturday, I’ll go ahead and release them.

10/5 lamplight lounge dinner 6:40pm
10/6 wine county trattoria dinner 4:15pm
10/7 Halloween Screams Plaza viewing 8:20pm
10/8 bibbidi bobbidi boutique 12:30pm

Ok so I may be late for this but it is my wife's 50th bday and she selected Disneyland. I already arranged the surprise basket in the room. I was wondering if anyone here had ideas for a t-shirt that i can surprise her with. She doesn't have a super favorite character per se but just the Disney magic feeling.... Any ideas or resources where I can get one for her?

Thanks!

Hope you got your answer. You didn't provide date range, so it makes it hard to determine if you need something stat, or if you have wiggle room on your due date.

Just saw it’s supposed to be in the 90s for our trip. Definitely not looking forward to the weather lol.

1 week, 1 week... one week!!!

I've decided today to actually let myself get joyfully excited instead of anxiety excited. I feel like those with anxiety will know the difference. I've been focused so much on the planning and worry about things, I don't think I've stopped to be joyfully excited! Buts it's at the point where I've controlled everything I can control. I just cannot wait. 3 years in the making this trip as been. Delayed from October 2020.. decided to wait until my kiddos could hug mickEy again.. here we come! Now to turn the pile of crap I've been throwing into the corner in my room into neatly packed suitcases!

So I just got back from a quick solo trip to WDW and it made me realize Genie+ is a must. I used it this time and I am so glad I got to experience because the crowds and wait times were insane. It's going on my list as required for our DLR trip next week.

So I just got back from a quick solo trip to WDW and it made me realize Genie+ is a must. I used it this time and I am so glad I got to experience because the crowds and wait times were insane. It's going on my list as required for our DLR trip next week.
I used Genie+ at WDW shortly after it came out.. and maybe it's because I never used fastpass plus, but I liked it. The 7am thing there is a bit of a buzz kill tho.

Y'all- TOMORROW IS THE DAY!

I used Genie+ at WDW shortly after it came out.. and maybe it's because I never used fastpass plus, but I liked it. The 7am thing there is a bit of a buzz kill tho.

Y'all- TOMORROW IS THE DAY!
You’ve been on the boards here buzzing about your trip for so long now, it’s finally happening! Excited for you!
I’ll get to enjoy a smaller rescheduled trip (after my original trip got totally scrapped, booo!) this upcoming weekend so I’m right there with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter