• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Dopey 2018 Thread

How fast do you think Dopey will sell out? Are we talking a day, hours, minutes? Just wondering if we should explore the travel packages...

Dopey didn't sell out this year. Rundisney events haven't sold out 100%, with the exception of princess, in the last 12 months.

That said - no one knows. They removed percentages from the sales so your guess is as good anyone else's. If you're worried, buy early. If you feel confident in waiting, wait.

Do what is best for you and your comfort level.

How fast do you think Dopey will sell out? Are we talking a day, hours, minutes? Just wondering if we should explore the travel packages...

I'm thinking it's going to be hours. I've come to believe the slow sales in 2017 were partially because there were so many waiting for 2018. With the Half cancellation and many people determined to complete 100% of Goofy and Dopey after a shortened weekend I think the demand could be similar to when the running boom was at its peak. Could be that I'm way off (for instance, I'm not sure how the much earlier registration date could effect things), but I don't think I'd plan on waiting to make a decision.

I'm thinking it's going to be hours. I've come to believe the slow sales in 2017 were partially because there were so many waiting for 2018. With the Half cancellation and many people determined to complete 100% of Goofy and Dopey after a shortened weekend I think the demand could be similar to when the running boom was at its peak. Could be that I'm way off (for instance, I'm not sure how the much earlier registration date could effect things), but I don't think I'd plan on waiting to make a decision.

All of this AND the fact that many schools will still be out on winter break, making it easy for families to travel. I am exploring options.

I sort of agree, but the cancellation of the half this year has me second-guessing.
Yep, and I am seeing a ton of people talking about doing dopey 2018 in Facebook groups. Will they actually do it? We have yet to see but I think 2018 will sell out for sure. How quick? Who knows.

We can guess all we want, it's going to do what it will. All you can do is sign up on the day, or with an agent, or wait and do it later.

I don't get why people are stressing out. Just sign up as best you can on the day or choose other options. Such as an agent or charity. You do what you can and hope for the best.

I really don't see it selling out day 1. But I don't know how many slots are available and who is ready to drop $600 on a race so close to other reg dates.

Hey everyone

Just had a friend post this on a Facebook page. So now we will be celebrating two anniversaries during the weekend! I'm guessing it could garner up some heat, as well as continued high levels of interest in Dopey next year... It could be a race just to get signed up!

RunAnniversaries.jpg

If you go to the site, it looks like someone just overlooked that while updating the page. The description for the marathon and Dopey specifically mention special anniversary medals and t-shirts. The half doesn't.

(It also interestingly doesn't mention the anniversary of the 10k.)

I don't get why people are stressing out. Just sign up as best you can on the day or choose other options. Such as an agent or charity. You do what you can and hope for the best.

My guess is that it is similar to why some of us are on that first 3:30 AM bus to the starting line while others of us are getting an extra hour of sleep. It would probably not surprise you which one I am. :) My friend who ran the marathon with me in 2016 wanted to kill me.

Personally, since I have never run Dopey, I haven't paid a lot of attention to how registration goes. I didn't even know booking through an agent was an option till last spring. (I did know, however, about the charities.) I am trying to see what the different travel agencies are offering so I can make a choice.

Has Dopey ever sold out? And how quickly? I do know it didn't sell out for 2017.

My guess is that it is similar to why some of us are on that first 3:30 AM bus to the starting line while others of us are getting an extra hour of sleep. It would probably not surprise you which one I am. :) My friend who ran the marathon with me in 2016 wanted to kill me.

Personally, since I have never run Dopey, I haven't paid a lot of attention to how registration goes. I didn't even know booking through an agent was an option till last spring. (I did know, however, about the charities.) I am trying to see what the different travel agencies are offering so I can make a choice.

Has Dopey ever sold out? And how quickly? I do know it didn't sell out for 2017.
I believe this was the first year Dopey didn't sell out. Usually it does. I could be wrong on that though.

Yes, this exactly. I've been planning on running this for over a year now, I just want to make sure I get in. I need all the info I can get, but I also enjoy speculation as well.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter