Official Dopey 2018 Thread

It's today it's today!!!!!!!!

I have been so envious of all of you who don't have the panic of having to register today, but somehow all my previous nerves and panic have turned into excitement. Never would I have thought I'd be so excited to spend so much money and commit to running a. a full marathon and b. dopey in general. Woohoo. Take all my money.

Now to just decide if I think I would rather have more post-race park time or go big, and go Castaway Challenge and my first Disney Cruise.

Counting down the minutes and hours!

I'm basically in the same situation. I'm super intimidated by the idea of a full but think I can probably manage it. Tentatively planning on Dopey 2019 if the Disneyland challenge and Wine & Dine 5k + challenge go well. By that time I don't expect I'll be able to get a Dopey bib.

The idea of the anniversary full and Dopey are SO tempting but I feel like I need to prove to myself I can manage the challenges and training before I go all in for Dopey. I've only ever done one half and my training for that wasn't great.

You never know. TAs have been trying to get rid of Dopey bibs well into December the past two years, so don't rule it out!

Since I've never signed up for a Dopey before, if I sign up within the first 20 mins or so, will that be an issue? I'm not sure if Dopey is like one of those concerts where if you don't get in in the first minute, it gets sold out.

You never know. TAs have been trying to get rid of Dopey bibs well into December the past two years, so don't rule it out!

That'd be awesome... If the DL challenge goes well I might be ready to decide then. I won't expect it to be available but if it is, I'll take it as a sign!

Since I've never signed up for a Dopey before, if I sign up within the first 20 mins or so, will that be an issue? I'm not sure if Dopey is like one of those concerts where if you don't get in in the first minute, it gets sold out.
We really don't know for sure - there have been years when it went FAST, but last year it took forever and I'm not sure it ever really sold out. I think it'll be a sellout because of the 5th anniversary, but I'm not convinced it'll be gone within minutes. Waiting 20 mins will be taking a chance, but I suspect a fairly small one.

Also, are any of the little extra trinkets and other stuff they offer actually worth getting?

I've never bought any of them and I believe most of the pins were available in the merchandise area this year (I may be wrong, not sure if there may have been different designs). Unless you have a specific interest in something you probably won't feel like your missing out when the expo rolls around. You'll also have plenty of opportunity to buy other souvenirs during race weekend.

Also, are any of the little extra trinkets and other stuff they offer actually worth getting?

I thought about that, because I like collecting pins. I concluded that the bigger prize is the finisher medal(s), so the pins seem unnecessary. Some of the other stuff, it's all up to you. For most people, the race bibs and medals are enough.

I usually get the pin bundle so that I don't need to buy it at the expo. Yes I may miss out on an AP discount, but there usually isn't anything else I want to buy from the runDisney booth. And with the fiasco of more spelling errors for the W&D 10K pin, the only way anyone got one was if they pre-ordered them. It took a little while, but they sent out a pin with the correct spelling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter