Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

Seriously?

And yes....... not only did they go too far.... but it honestly appears to be part of an overall plan to rid the park of any of that nasty girl specific stuff. I wondered what the heck was up with renaming the carousel, but it seems to fit now.

Someone........ email Disney quick! Remind them they don't have to close Snow White! Maybe it can be the Snow Prince ride!

My understanding is that Pixie Hollow has bitten the dust now too.

But is anyone surprised? This all started after they got a new head of Parks. He has 3 boys. No girls.

I said it before. I'll say it again. The expansion did not NEED equal time. It WAS equal time.

well, I was being sarcastic and exaggerating with the 14

The thing to me is rather than just tweak things or maybe add some more boy things they just scrap tons of stuff people were looking forward to

I mean, couldn't they alter the Pixie Hallow to also include the Lost Boys? something like that rather than scrapping everything?

well, I was being sarcastic and exaggerating with the 14

The thing to me is rather than just tweak things or maybe add some more boy things they just scrap tons of stuff people were looking forward to

I mean, couldn't they alter the Pixie Hallow to also include the Lost Boys? something like that rather than scrapping everything?

I sort of figured......I've done my own share of exaggerating for effect here too....

I agree there needed to be a nice in-between. To make a big announcement with all that fanfare, then to scrap so much of it so soon...... looked SO amateur..........

Once Toontown is closed, it is rumored that Tink will go to DHS and the other fairies will go to Epcot, but this is not certain.

Just a quick note... this is not a rumor, this was announced officially by the Disney Parks Blog. The link is in the first post.

They have not said. I like to think that they will put the new one in place before closing the old one, but there's no way to know yet. For me, Dumbo was never about the ride itself, but the view of the castle and Fantasyland, the heart and soul of the Magic Kingdom. Now that it's moving away from the castle, I'm just not that excited about it any more. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it is.

I think they will probably wait to move Dumbo until its almost opening time for that part of the expansion because it is such a popular ride and it probably won't be that hard to move. They'll probably do a little refurb on it though.

I do agree that I like Dumbo because of the view of Fantasyland and the castle plus other parts of MK. I will miss that when they move it, however it is a classic ride.

Subscribing because we go to Disney in May and I want to keep up with all of this.

We've never been so it's sad to me that all of the Toontown parts we have read about are going to be gone but then again, it's hard to miss what you've never had. Maybe????

They should make the tree in Peter Pan where the lost boys are and make it an interactive thing, kind of like the tree at Pooh's cue, except more intricate. I think that would be cute!

I would just love a mermaid lagoon. :lovestruc

There needs to be more Sleeping Beauty and Aladdin!!!

this one got started rather quick - don't threads go up to 250 pages?

It was started more because the owner of the previous thread was away for over a month, but she has since returned.

this one got started rather quick - don't threads go up to 250 pages?

I will update the 1st post of the 1st thread, with info post on both threads..
untill it hits 250..
This way people who do not want read through both threads will get all the info they need..

Also If the owner on this thread could add the "mickey gets evicted" into the title of thread that would be great..
I had people e-mailing me saying they can't find Part II..
Thanks

Can't wait until 2013-2014. We just love anything new at Disney. The only wish can we get anything more creative with the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. I knew the story in 1978 but it has become the ghost from the past.

Can't wait until 2013-2014. We just love anything new at Disney. The only wish can we get anything more creative with the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. I knew the story in 1978 but it has become the ghost from the past.

I know it may seem out dated, but my 4yr old who knows nothing of the Swiss Family Robinson (other than it being their tree house) absolutely loves it. It's one of her favorite things in all of wdw. She thinks it's really neat to be able to climb up so high in a ' house.' We had to walk through it several times last trip. We weren't the only ones. A lot of kids seemed to be enjoying it and we were not there at a busy time of year.

I think it'd be better just to polish it up a bit. I have a feeling the story is one that will recycle through the years.

Not arguing, just my two cents :goodvibes

Also If the owner on this thread could add the "mickey gets evicted" into the title of thread that would be great..
I had people e-mailing me saying they can't find Part II..
Thanks

Certainly... I knew that was a cute phrase from your child and didn't want to look like I was stealing it! :rotfl:

subbing...great thread. I was thinking when I first read it that it looked like a lot of princess stuff going on, but then to turn around and seem like they are scrambling to make it non-gender specific makes me wonder what the end result will be...I'm excited about it just the same!

I have boys, and they'll probably love the little mermaid ride and the castle, whether they name it after Belle or the Beast. :laughing: When I was a girl, I didn't really care about princess stuff, so there will be boys who will think it is great and girls would rather be Luke Skywalker and ride POTC. pirate:

I agree with the pp who said if they do it right, and put a lot of thought and effort into it, it will be great. If they just throw it together, it will suck, no matter what the names are or toward whom it's theoretically geared.

I am wondering when the fairies move to EPCOT, will they move them to the character spot? There are so many different places to meet the fab 5 just makes me think maybe they'll put the fairies there. My DD 4 LOVES Tink and all of her friends. I certainly hope that I don't have to go to two parks to see all of the fairies. (Tink in one, other fairies in another). I teach a same gender Kindergarten so I find all of the gender posts very interesting. I would love to see a Tink/Peter Pan character meal. It would be so cool to get to meet Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Mr. Smee, Tink and all of the fairies at one spot. Folks with boys and girls would like that!

Certainly... I knew that was a cute phrase from your child and didn't want to look like I was stealing it! :rotfl:

no no.. not at all...

Of Course i'm the person that friends come running to when they are planning a trip to disney... ( i'm sure most of you know my pain):rotfl:

I've been sending them to Part II, to get the best info..
however they couldn't find it..
Thank you for adding it... Now they should be able to find it.. (I would hope):rolleyes1

so i had a thought last night..
( can't rememebr if i've said this before):rolleyes1

Since it looks like pixie hallow will be scraped..

Why not bring in CARSLAND!
With cars 2 opening, and the new land opening in DL
It would be a great fit..

That being said..
There is a Pixie hallow in DL that does VERY well..:confused3

What you think?

* I also don't understand why they don't let girls have this little bit of the park

so i had a thought last night..
( can't rememebr if i've said this before):rolleyes1

Since it looks like pixie hallow will be scraped..

Why not bring in CARSLAND!
With cars 2 opening, and the new land opening in DL
It would be a great fit..

That being said..
There is a Pixie hallow in DL that does VERY well..:confused3

What you think?

* I also don't understand why they don't let girls have this little bit of the park

Hey there! :wave:

Clearly the popularity of the current Pixie Hollow was not their criteria here. Otherwise that line to PH in Toontown wouldn't have remained as steadily long as it did.

I'm thinking it had more to do with the popularity of the merchandise franchise. I mean....... we bought a few Tink things over the years, but the rest of the fairies? Nah. We enjoyed meeting them in the park, but I always felt like that entire like was being pushed merely to sell product, instead of letting the product from a line that could sustain itself.

That said, if that's the case, I think it's a shame if merchandise sales were the focus of what they do in the renovation. I know..... naive of me....... lecture all anyone wants......... I prefer to live in la la land..........

And I think I've made my feelings known enough times on them stripping all the girl centered things from the renovation...........

I think they need to pick a few things and do them REALLY WELL. We all know Disney has the capability of doing that. Any time you start trying to be ALL THINGS to ALL PEOPLE, you start to run into trouble........

And as for Cars Land........... they really ought to put that over at Pixar Park............ uh...... excuse me........ Hollywood Studios.......

Hey there! :wave:

And as for Cars Land........... they really ought to put that over at Pixar Park............ uh...... excuse me........ Hollywood Studios.......

Yea it would work better there...
Also with talks of the Monsters inc roller coaster... ( I hope with a new monsters movie popcorn::)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter