***Official February 2017 Thread***

Karly, I'm happy to hear that FP selections worked so well for you! I'm doing mine on Monday morning. I have a game plan of what I'll be looking for, but am nervous because I've never done it. Did you use MDE app or the website? Any tips you can offer a newbie?

I always use the WDW website on my desktop computer because I find that so much easier for me. This was my first time booking FPs since they changed it so you don't have to pre-book 3 in the same park/day, so that was an adjustment for me, but if you've never done it before, you won't know what it used to be like, so you'll be fine.

My biggest tips: as always, look for your hardest-to-get attractions and top priorities first. You will book your FPs one at a time. You choose a day and park, then they will ask if you are looking for a time in the Morning, Afternoon or Evening. There is also a 4th option on the same line to select a time. Click on that and you'll get a drop down to choose a time in half-hour or so increments. I was trying to get a specific FP for around 10:30 am, and choosing "Morning" only offered 3 times earlier or later than I wanted. I tried the Time drop down and got the 10:30 I wanted.

You can change between the timeframe choices as much as you want to see time/attraction options before choosing.

Once you've chosen a day, park, time(frame), you'll get a list of available attractions with times close to your request. When I tried to get FEA in "Morning" one day, the ride came up on the list but with a note that there were no morning times available and here were the earliest times available (I got 1:10 pm). Pick what you want and confirm it, then choose to stay on the same day/same park or change days and pick a park for that day, and go through the selection steps again.

Don't click that you're completely done until you're done making all your FPs. I haven't tried this but I assume you can still go back and change times/attractions. And it seems to me you should be able to go back to days where you don't have 3 booked yet and add more, BUT I DON'T KNOW THAT, so if anyone wants to confirm, that would be great.

Oh and one more tip: be sure you keep in mind any ADR times, show/parade/event times, things that might conflict with FP times.

This turned out wordy, but I like as much info as I can get when going into something new.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks Karly! I have my "spreadsheet" ready to go regarding our ADRs and parades, etc. Now to just drop the FPs. Thank you for the info --- much appreciated!

My husband and myself are going back February 13th to the 18th staying POFQ. Can't wait, will be our first trip just the two of us. It's a late birthday gift for me but we figured going at Christmas would have been crazy for us with our disabilities. But he also got me tickets to see the new Star Wars movie in IMAX as a early birthday present at the same time as telling me about getting my mother in law to pay for this trip for my birthday present I've been over the moon since.

Is anyone 'regulars' for Feb? How likely is it that they will extend park hours? Hours for MK in Feb 2016 were quite a bit different.

New member here.

Going February 15th through the 21st staying at the Swan. Went last year my girlfriend and I in November also stayed at The Swan and caught the food and wine festival at Epcot and decided to go back this February with her 6 year old grand daughter and we are doing Bippidy Bop early Thursday and lunch at the castle etc.

We really like the Swan/Dolphin setup, rooms and location is the best.

Le Cellier at Epcot is a must as well.

If you are interested in joining a memory maker share for February.. let me know. We still have an opening!

Yea! FP+ is completed! For 5 of our 8 day tickets anyways
I only RSVPed FP+ to days where we had confirmed ADRs in certain parks (we don't do hopper tickets), and I am not sure which days we will be using tickets for or what park otherwise (staying a total of 14days, so besides a travel day on each end we have 4 "bump" days to move around and "go with the flow")

Is anyone 'regulars' for Feb? How likely is it that they will extend park hours? Hours for MK in Feb 2016 were quite a bit different.
We've been the past two years in Jan/Feb and the times never really changed much. I really enjoyed the earlier nights so we aren't out too late with fireworks and such, helps keep us on schedule:)

So, we have travelled to Disney 5 out of the last 6 years and DH wanted to take a year off and save some money. But now he is getting an unexpected payout of lieu time worked and we are back in the Disney business. Our DS 11 has severe autism and Disney is by far our best choice for a vacation destination! He is barely verbal but can name all of his fave rides!
I couldn't get our usual January week booked off so we are thinking of giving early February a shot (Feb 2 - 8). We are coming in under the wire for FP+ but I can't get any of the ADR's we want (#1 being BOG lunch). Is there ANY chance some will open up if I keep looking? I have never booked at <180 days before!

Have you had any luck?

I have not been getting notifications from this thread and am so behind - but I'm so excited about the art festival coming to Epcot in January and February!! I need to plan some extra weekend time there.

Our schedule was already fairly set by the time they announced.... but I think we will be able to catch some of it. Looks fun.

Success! Had to juggle a few things, and now we have an open night on night 3 instead of night 7, but we have tickets to SWaGS dessert party for 2/25! We'll be at the BCV on night 3, maybe it'll be warm enough for an evening swim! Just happy I could book it before we do FPs on Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter