Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

I am very tempted! But that means the DL 1/2 on the 2nd, the Chicago Half on the 9th, and then the TOT 10 on the 29th. Sounds like September wouldbe a busy and costly month...

I'm leaning towards it, but still undecided. The hubby and I were actually planning on the Wine & Dine, but now that this was announced, I can't make up my mind. I don't think I'll be lucky enough to be able to do both, but if I had to decide right now, I think I'd go with the ToT run! Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Amy, are you planning to do the ToT?

I am tentatively planning on doing this one. Depends on my moving schedule and if I can convince one of my friends to join me!

It sounds like a lot of fun! Has anybody seen a route for it yet? I'm wondering if it goes into any parks other than DHS.

DH and I had planned on doing the Food and Wine race to celebrate our 20th anniversary, but this is nice because it gives us two options. We can look at DD's cross country schedule and see which weekend would be better to miss and base our plans on that. I'll be happy to do either race.

It sounds like a lot of fun! Has anybody seen a route for it yet? I'm wondering if it goes into any parks other than DHS.

DH and I had planned on doing the Food and Wine race to celebrate our 20th anniversary, but this is nice because it gives us two options. We can look at DD's cross country schedule and see which weekend would be better to miss and base our plans on that. I'll be happy to do either race.

I ran the event back in 2008 and 2009. It started outside of Hollywood Studios, went to and through ESPN WWoS, and then back to HS. You finished in HS and had the post race party there. It was kind of fun. When you were entering ESPN, there was a dirt/rock path you went down. You also did a lap on the track. So there was a little variety in running surfaces.

I do not know if they will use the same course. Back then, the race was a 13K. Now it is extended to 10 miles (adding almost 2 miles), so I guess there will be some changes.

Well, I'll be doing EEC again and I hadn't planned on making a second trip to WDW next year. But on the other hand I never had a chance to do the old ToT 13k and I've done every inaugural event the past few years so I don't want to break the streak now.

Ugh, Disney sure knows how to get my $$$.

At least it's a good time of year to visit WDW!

I am actually pretty excited about it. I didn't start running until after the ToT 13K. HS is also my favorite park, so I am pretty excited to have a race that goes through it! I would much rather do this race than the W&D, especially after all the problems I kept hearing about it...

It's appealing. My first three big races were 10-milers many years ago, so I have a soft spot for the distance. And it's close to my and DH's anniversary, so it would be a good kid-free trip if we could pull it off. Hmm.

I actually like the 10 mile distance. Its long enough that you have to think about energy bleed but still short enough that you can run hard.

Not sure that I am running as we have a local 10 miler the following weekend. Plus, I am just not a real night race person. I have to wait for more details before committing.

I'm in. Loved the two 13k's I did. Wish they could somehow incorporate EPCOT somehow into the route, but I'm guessing it will be Studios and Wide World of Sports.

I ran the inaugural TOT 13k back in '09 and other than miserable traffic issues, I loved it. What a neat race.

Can't do it this year as it;s the same weekend as the Augusta HIM. Bummer as it looks like fun.

enjoy,
Duane

:mad:I think RunDisney NEVER should have posted the dates for the Wine & Dine and then moved it 1 month. :mad:

I was one of those who planned on the Wine & Dine Half, and even made a commitment based on those dates to be in Florida for the days surrounding Wine & Dine Half.

But, having said that, as I considered more, I'm okay with doing 16k that weekend instead of 21k:
-- "Tower of Terror" implies start and/or finish at DHS: I'm booked in at an Epcot Resort for the week, so at least WDW hasn't screwed me up on that!
-- My game plan was/is do a HALF in Toronto 2wks later, both more for the experience than for a PB. I'm just going to be that much fresher for that STWM Half.

So, I'm signing up for the Tower of Terror Ten Miler!:yay:

I'll be anxiously awaiting all the details from RunDisney!:surfweb:

I guess my current ticker will have to be revamped.....

I'm in. Loved the two 13k's I did. Wish they could somehow incorporate EPCOT somehow into the route, but I'm guessing it will be Studios and Wide World of Sports.

Havin no direct knowledge, other than of the 94 course, one could easily bang out a course starting in the Epcot parking lot and following the 5K course to the I Gate then head out.

I am actually pretty excited about it. I didn't start running until after the ToT 13K. HS is also my favorite park, so I am pretty excited to have a race that goes through it! I would much rather do this race than the W&D, especially after all the problems I kept hearing about it...

DHS is my favorite park too and I also started running after they stopped the 13k. I was considering signing up for my first W&D but the more I think about it, the better this race sounds. I'm definitely excited to hear more details about this race.

I think its a go for me!!! It will be a good reason to get up there for the begining of the Food and Wine festival.

Last week I booked an 8 day stay at Fort Wilderness from Sept. 28-Oct 6 I was anticipating the Wine & Dine being that weekend so I could get my coast to coast (doing the Tink next month). I must say that the more i think about it the more excited I am getting about it being the ToT. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter