OFFICIAL(ish) CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL DINING PACKAGES INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I’m reading it, Whoopi Goldberg is only on 12/6 and 12/7.

Oh you are correct! I did read it wrong. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

ETA...I didn’t think people usually did it for a whole week, but you never know!

It's been many years since I've been for the holidays. Do the candlelight packages require prepayment or just a credit card hold? Can't remember.

That is. For what it’s worth, while not a character breakfast, we really like breakfast at Ale & Compass (package is $40 for adults and $23 for kids)
We have looked at that as well. Tough decision. I guess we have a month to decide. We will be on the dining plan and may just book the breakfast with one table service credit and thne do the Processional package at the Rose and Crown for lunch.

Why take away Thanksgiving?? WHY WHY WHY??? We fly home on the 29th :sad:

Ugh, sorry this didn’t work out for you. They had typically been starting the day after Thsnksgiving, but switched last year. For whatever reason, they decided to go back to go back to their normal start.

Ugh, sorry this didn’t work out for you. They had typically been starting the day after Thsnksgiving, but switched last year. For whatever reason, they decided to go back to go back to their normal start.

If it was just my family, I'd add a day and stay til Saturday...but I'm a chaperone and have to fly home with 30 high school students.

Oh man, what an oddly negative tone this thread has taken. I’m excited about all the presenters! The Candlelight Processional event is such a wonderful presentation and I’m happy Disney World continues to make it an available experience for most guests (as opposed to how it’s done at DLR, my “home” resort). I look forward to seeing who will be speaking for my date, on the 29th. I extended our departure date by a day so we could go! My husband has never been.

I’m thinking we’d like the Teppan Edo dining package, but we have an ADR there earlier in our trip, so I’m leaning toward doing the Garden Grill breakfast. I’ve never had breakfast there, just lunch. That’s another place my husband has never been - he’ll love the experience, I think!

I look forward to seeing who will be speaking for my date, on the 29th. I extended our departure date by a day so we could go! My husband has never been.

We're planning to be there that day too! I was hoping to go Thanksgiving night, but it doesn't look like that's going to be an option.

I'm disappointed Akershus is not an option. I wonder why it was taken off the list. My plan was to eat there for breakfast. Now we gotta to figure out where we want reservations.

I'm disappointed Akershus is not an option. I wonder why it was taken off the list. My plan was to eat there for breakfast. Now we gotta to figure out where we want reservations.
I hadn’t noticed that. It does seem curious. Sorry it’s messing with your plan. What meal were you considering (breakfast, lunch/dinner)?

Based on the fact that Akershus has always been included, I have to wonder if this is an oversight or error in the initial list, although it's definitely not included in the drop down list on the ADR screen. In addition, regular breakfast time slots have not been added for at least 11/30 forward. I know this because I'm trying to book a regular breakfast ADR there and this is the same thing that happens every year; no regular breakfast ADRs are listed until the CP package numbers are "finalized". It just seems odd to have the same delay in releasing reservations if CP is not a factor this year. The other one that typically acted in the same way is Garden Grill, however I don't have any data points on regular ADR availability there as I have not been checking. I won't be shocked to see Akershus added as booking approaches, but if it isn't, I really have to ask "why not"?

I hadn’t noticed that. It does seem curious. Sorry it’s messing with your plan. What meal were you considering (breakfast, lunch/dinner)?
I was trying for breakfast. So we may try Garden Grill for breakfast. We've never been there, so it'd be nice to try something new. I'd like to get the first show.

Based on the fact that Akershus has always been included, I have to wonder if this is an oversight or error in the initial list, although it's definitely not included in the drop down list on the ADR screen. In addition, regular breakfast time slots have not been added for at least 11/30 forward. I know this because I'm trying to book a regular breakfast ADR there and this is the same thing that happens every year; no regular breakfast ADRs are listed until the CP package numbers are "finalized". It just seems odd to have the same delay in releasing reservations if CP is not a factor this year. The other one that typically acted in the same way is Garden Grill, however I don't have any data points on regular ADR availability there as I have not been checking. I won't be shocked to see Akershus added as booking approaches, but if it isn't, I really have to ask "why not"?
I've been trying to get reservations there for Thanksgiving week...at least that Thursday or Friday and nothing was available. I figured it was due to CP, but now I see it's not even on the list. Maybe you're right and it's just an oversight. I was able to get Garden Grill though for breakfast on Thanksgiving. But if Akershus is not an option, I'll probably switch GG to Friday for a CP reservation instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter