***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

We leave Fargo at like 0500, then land around 140pm + DME...hoping to catch the 5pm animation academy class at AoA (where we're staying) and swim, that's pretty much all the goals I have

Now I wish we were flying. It's a 12 hour drive not counting stops for us. We like having our car, so this is what we always do, but I think one day my daughter and I need to fly down for a girls' trip and see how that goes.

leaving Friday morning for our 17 hour drive from the mitten. can't wait to get to the lower gas prices!

Okay I had to google "The Mitten" lol... but 17 hours wow, well remember to take lots of breaks - and you might need a red bull or two..

Also I also just google where I could get to from my house in a 17 hour drive, and taking the Euro Tunnel I could get to Rome lol :tongue:

Now I wish we were flying. It's a 12 hour drive not counting stops for us.

And in 12 hours I could get to Prague :rotfl:

We have a 3 hr direct flight into Sanford Orlando airport, instead of Orlando Intl because it's way cheaper, and then an hour drive. We prefer to have a car while we're there so it works out perfectly :flower:
17 days to go!

Okay I had to google "The Mitten" lol... but 17 hours wow, well remember to take lots of breaks - and you might need a red bull or two..

Also I also just google where I could get to from my house in a 17 hour drive, and taking the Euro Tunnel I could get to Rome lol :tongue:

haha, I think that would be a plane flight length for me ;) or more.. idk, never had a chance to jump over the pond! We are supposed to get 2-6" of snow tomorrow night, so that pushed our leaving to tonight. so we will be taking 2 days to drive down. I usually do it in one or straight through. Lots of Redline (which is similar to redbull) and plenty of bathroom breaks haha

9 Hour Flight on Saturday, 1.5 hour drive to the airport with an overnight stay the day before!

I am admitting defeat on the weather, it's gonna be cold!

9 Hour Flight on Saturday, 1.5 hour drive to the airport with an overnight stay the day before!

I am admitting defeat on the weather, it's gonna be cold!

I going to the airport the day before saves a lot of hassle.

The weather does look a bit up and down but even if it cold it will be warmer than the UK (Okay many be not that much warmer but still warmer).

Also at this point in time, I will just be fascinated by the big yellow orb in the sky; as it seems to be missing from the UK at the moment :beach:

We have a 3 hr direct flight into Sanford Orlando airport, instead of Orlando Intl because it's way cheaper, and then an hour drive. We prefer to have a car while we're there so it works out perfectly :flower:
17 days to go!
I do too when I have all 3 of my kids. But when I went solo it was great to hop on buses and not have to worry about the drive and getting out the parking lot.

Now I wish we were flying. It's a 12 hour drive not counting stops for us. We like having our car, so this is what we always do, but I think one day my daughter and I need to fly down for a girls' trip and see how that goes.

We drove in November and it was 12 hours with stops. I really loved having my car. I’m going to miss it this weekend, especially with having early mornings every day!

Flying for us includes a one hour drive to the airport, so after all is said and done it’s still a long day.

Now you have me curious! We have only flown and it is a 4 hr flight....however, if we were to drive (from denver to orlando) it would take 26 hours. Where could you get to in that time?

If a few years, my parents will be going with us and they will be driving from Kansas to FL. That will be a 21.5 hour drive. They plan on taking a few days to do it as there are places they want to see along the way.

2.5 hour flight from Michigan. First time in a long time we have a flight that isn't leaving at 7:00am. Since we're surprising our boys we thought we would get better reactions to the surprise if we didn't wake them up at 4:00am. :)

Now you have me curious! We have only flown and it is a 4 hr flight....however, if we were to drive (from denver to orlando) it would take 26 hours. Where could you get to in that time?

Just checked and you could get to the Ukraine or Norway (through Denmark) in around 26hr is.. Depending on where you want to go.

Although still think it's amazing how in America you can drive for over 24hr (a day) straight and still be in the same country :thumbsup2 if you tried driving that just in the UK you'd end up in the sea -

unless you went via the M25 as you'd probably spend most of the time on that (Realize referencing the M25, is such a UK satirical joke, so FYI to the US folk all you need to know is that it's a totally a spot on joke and hilarious) :jumping1:

We have a 3 hour flight with a 45-60 minute drive to the airport. If the weather stays as it is, I may stay in a hotel closer the night before because there is snow in the forecast.

Only one more day in the office before heading to the Happiest Place on Earth (or is that DL? )! I can’t wait. I just need to pack and finalize our grocery order.

The weather looks too cold for swimming :sad:, so I spent time today rearranging some of our plans and added DAH on the 19th. After reading the reviews on the DIS, I’m super excited about that. I’ll just have to make sure that DS6 is rested up so he doesn’t turn into a pumpkin (or a super grump) at 8:30. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter