***Official January 2023 Thread***

Yeah, I'm concerned about crowds between NYE and Marathon Weekend, but it's the best time for us to go right now. Keeping an eye on it though!
Right! I don't think that there is a not busy time anymore.....hopefully it will be warm enough to enjoy the pool (We are from Canada though so we swim when it is 70 lol)

Had to cancel our July 2022 trip and have now re-scheduled to Dec 28-Jan 4 at WDW (probably POFQ but might do a split stay at POFQ/Dolphin). We then move to RPR at Universal for Jan 4-7.

You picked a fun time to go! You've been added!
Thank you! Our second time at NYE and we will probably have a NASA/resort day the 31st instead of being in the middle of a sea of people! Cannot wait to be back one last time as we have many other destinations planned in the few years!

Hi! We booked for January 28th - February 4th at the Art of Animation. We've never been this time of year and are excited about some cooler weather. We are used to trips from late spring to early fall...so mainly hot weather 🙂. I would love any packing tips yall have for this time of year!

Hi! We booked for January 28th - February 4th at the Art of Animation. We've never been this time of year and are excited about some cooler weather. We are used to trips from late spring to early fall...so mainly hot weather 🙂. I would love any packing tips yall have for this time of year!
We're excited for the cooler weather, too! You've been added!

I decided we won't be renewing our APs. I told DH that means I will need a quick trip right before they expire to bring home the contents of our Owner's Locker ;) So DH and I are going to SSR for a short trip, Jan 14-18. We have never stayed there before but there was availability so we will check it out.

I decided we won't be renewing our APs. I told DH that means I will need a quick trip right before they expire to bring home the contents of our Owner's Locker ;) So DH and I are going to SSR for a short trip, Jan 14-18. We have never stayed there before but there was availability so we will check it out.
Welcome! You've been added!!

My husband and I will be going on a couple's only trip to celebrate our 10th anniversary! We will be there January 29-February 3, staying at Pop! We are so excited!!

I'll be going on January 9th and staying until the 19th. We're staying at Pop Century.
We are international travelers and let me tell you, I had NO IDEA MLK day was a thing until after we booked our tickets. Oh well, I can't really change my vacation days so we'll deal as we can.

I do wonder about this holliday though. Is there any kind of celebration on the parks? or is it just a free day for most?

I'll be going on January 9th and staying until the 19th. We're staying at Pop Century.
We are international travelers and let me tell you, I had NO IDEA MLK day was a thing until after we booked our tickets. Oh well, I can't really change my vacation days so we'll deal as we can.

I do wonder about this holliday though. Is there any kind of celebration on the parks? or is it just a free day for most?
You've been added!

I'm not aware of any in-park celebrations for MLK. As you mentioned, it's a popular weekend because some visitors have no work or school on Monday, January 16, 2023.

We haven't been back to WDW since the summer before COVID....we are now booked for mid-January! We usually come down in the summer and have been lucky enough to pull off a few Christmas trips, but this will be our first January trip. Would love to know what the Art festival is all about...and the weather!

We haven't been back to WDW since the summer before COVID....we are now booked for mid-January! We usually come down in the summer and have been lucky enough to pull off a few Christmas trips, but this will be our first January trip. Would love to know what the Art festival is all about...and the weather!
Welcome! If you'd like to be added to the list on the first page, just let us know when and where you'll be staying!

Like most Epcot festivals, for us, it's all about the food! Here's the link to the Festival page; keep checking back as they will add more information: Festival of the Arts.

Good morning! We are planning a girls only trip for 1/11/23-1/16/23! My niece will be turning 30 on 1/11, my sis/her mom will be turning 60 on 1/13, and my sis-in-law will be joining us too. We are excited to celebrate their actual birthdays at the World! Sis-in-law and I have both been there on our actual birthdays and it’s so much fun!

We are probably going to spend the first two nights at AKL Jambo in a savannah view room and then we will switch over to either the Boardwalk, Yacht Club, or Beach Club for easy access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We also talked about Caribbean Beach for Skyliner access, but I’m thinking we will splurge on the second deluxe since we are celebrating milestone birthdays.

Niece wants to go to AK on her actual birthday because she absolutely loves the Safari, grabbing drinks at the Dawa bar and watching the drummers, screaming her brains out on Everest, wandering the animal trails, and riding Flight of Passage. Sis is thinking Hollywood Studios because she is crazy about Tower of Terror, Rock and Roller Coaster, Frozen Ever After, and Mickey’s Runaway Railway, and she loves having drinks at Oga’s and Baseline Tap House. But... she also loves drinking and snacking around the world at Epcot, so if the Festival of the Arts is open on the 13th, we may go there instead. We will definitely hit Epcot in the latter half of the trip to catch the festival. We typically go to Epcot and AK twice each and MK and HS once each on a six day trip, along with a visit or two to DS. We actually are considering skipping MK this time (Gasp! WDW purists would say this is blasphemy!) because we’ve been there so many times and instead going to HS twice… we will see how it works out!

I can’t wait for this one… birthday trips are so much fun!

Our milestone birthdays girls trip is officially booked! We rented DVC points for a savannah view studio at AKV Kidani for two nights 1/11/23-1/13/23 and will round out the trip at CBR for three nights 1/13/23-1/16/23. We ended up with CBR instead one of the Boardwalk area resorts upon my niece’s request, as it’s one of her favorites… and it also gives us a chance to easily explore Riviera. My nephew’s girlfriend (hopefully fiancé soon?!) may be joining us for the last three nights of our trip to add to the fun, so we booked a fifth sleeper room at CBR just in case. She’s only 4’11” so she’ll fit perfectly there.

We booked our flights on Southwest and need to buy our tickets and book our park reservations next, and then we’ve got some time to figure out our dining plans. Brunch somewhere at Disney Springs is definitely on the list, and I told the birthday girls to pick where they want to eat on their birthdays. I foresee a monorail crawl and some lounge hopping at DS worked into those plans, too! Can’t wait!

I’m hoping that fourth time is the charm for my belated 40th birthday and first ever WDW trip. Staying POFQ 10th to 20th January. Only 4 months 25 days to go 🤩

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter