Official July 2018 Thread!

Wow I wonder if extending by 15 minutes can be done here. Our last day is 6-22.
Wow that seems so late to me. Lots of schools here are making up excessive snow days and will go to mid-late June. Our state counts instructional hours as opposed to days. Our day is from 8-3:15. I’m just ready to be done. 16 more days and I’m just trying to hold on lol.

@coloredimage 7 weeks!?!? Are you year round? We extended our days by 15 minutes this year so now our school year is from after Labor Day to just before Memorial Day because of the heat in the buildings. I feel for you. Once those buildings heat up it’s miserable.
In Connecticut, we start school during the last week in August, and end mid-June, but because of having to make up 7 snow days, and a water main break, we don't get out until June 25th.

In Connecticut, we start school during the last week in August, and end mid-June, but because of having to make up 7 snow days, and a water main break, we don't get out until June 25th.
Ugh!!!! We have 14 more days and I don’t know if I can do that many!

@coloredimage 7 weeks!?!? Are you year round? We extended our days by 15 minutes this year so now our school year is from after Labor Day to just before Memorial Day because of the heat in the buildings. I feel for you. Once those buildings heat up it’s miserable.

Wow I wonder if extending by 15 minutes can be done here. Our last day is 6-22.and we start the day after Labkr Day too.

We had SO MANY SNOW DAYS in March. Six in total but we didn't have a full 5 day week of school between Christmas break and mid-March due to either shortened weeks (MLK Day, PD days, etc.) and snow days.

We go from 7:30-2:30, we started August 30 (28th for teachers) but we are in until June 22 to make up snow days. It's a bit exhausting lol.

Hi, just noticed that I haven't been added to the first page yet! We're going from July 7th to 20th, 3 of us staying at Pop Century! :)

Changed our plans. We are doing a split stay. July 8-11 studio at Poly; July 8-14 Boardwalk. Almost FP day!!!! Probably messed up with the split stay since I can't do all fp's at once.

Anyone doing Disney After Hours? Looking at this since they added dates.
Thinking about it. But we bought APs so I hate buying an extra ticket. Plus we are hoping to do the Moonlight Magic with DVC and that's free. However my niece will be with us and hasn't been in a decade or so and I'm thinking DAH might be worth it for her at least.

So happy to see this thread! Makes the trip seem very "real" :) We are going with our extended family in late July, staying at BLT! We haven't been to see Mickey in the summer for a VERY long time! Our trips have all been in the fall, with cooler weather and lower crowds. A little nervous about what July will bring crowd-wise, but working on a plan to avoid as much as possible and have a positive attitude -- easy to do at this place!

Super helpful to see all of the suggestions on here.

Aaaannnnnndddd......DONE!
Got all the FP+s that I wanted including SDD! I'll post the list later after work.
Woohoo! Did mine yesterday. I am so glad to check that off my list. I had to book for 15 people, so I was nervous about getting everything around the times we were hoping for. Got everything and can now relax. Now I can focus on our beach vacation the first week of June!

Now that FPs are made, here's my updated plans:

- Day 1 - late arrival
- Day 2 - Animal Kingdom - No ADR made. Fastpasses for Kali Rapids, Everest, and FOP
- Day 3 - Magic Kingdom - BOG dinner. Fastpasses for Splash, Peter Pan and 7DMT. Try to stay for Happily Ever After.
- Day 4 - Magic Kingdom - Late breakfast at Crystal Palace. Fastpasses for 7DMT, Splash, and Big Thunder RR.
- Day 5 - Epcot - Pre-park opening Garden Grill. Fastpasses for Space Ship Earth, Mission Space and Test Track.
- Day 6 - Hollywood Studios then Epcot - ADR for Via Napoli dinner. Fastpasses for Tower of Terror (dd & dh), Rock N Roller Coaster (ds & I), Slinky Dog Coaster, and Star Tours. This is the last day of our Annual Pass. :sad:
- Day 7 through Day 9 I have nothing planned. Possibilities are just hanging at the pool, going to one of the water parks, character meal at a resort, or doing something in Disney Springs like Star Wars virtual reality thing or Splittsville.
I'm curious if you had to change any of your ADRs based on what was available for FPs? Thanks!

I'm curious if you had to change any of your ADRs based on what was available for FPs? Thanks!

No my ADRs all fit fine. I was a little worried about my Via Napoli after my HS day because of SDD but I was able to get slinky pretty early. I think it’s around noon. I don’t have any lunch ADRs so that helps. It was harder last year with November ADRs & fastpasses.

Woohoo!! That's awesome!! We do ours next week :)
I was pleasantly surprised at availability for rides, but if you have any 'must do's'(SDD, FOP, etc.), I would make those first. Good luck!!!

I felt like partying all day at work yesterday (which is a weird feeling to have on a Monday)! lol

Woohoo! Did mine yesterday. I am so glad to check that off my list. I had to book for 15 people, so I was nervous about getting everything around the times we were hoping for. Got everything and can now relax. Now I can focus on our beach vacation the first week of June!
Thats awesome you got everything! I cant imagine doing it for 15 people. I only had to do it for 3 (DW, myself, and our friend who is going with us)and it was stressful. I wish I could relax (DW and I are in a MBA program), but then, this trip will be a celebration!:)

***edited for grammar (not a morning person :), and I'm noticing an abundance of teachers going in July [of which, teachers rock!])***

Good morning to all July travelers! Before I start writing the novel which is our trip plans (which I'll probably do as a PTR), I did want to share my experience doing FP+'s, especially for those who are getting ready to do their selections for trips later in July, specifically with TSL & Avatarland (sorry, thats what I call it). With our plans, TSL is 60+4 and Avatar is 60+3. These were the first 2 days that I booked and found, generally, open availability. I know some other threads on the boards have said that there is mixed availability, but I had mostly open booking. That being said, if you want to go to TSL or Avatar, I would definitely do these reservations first. This morning (at 6:40 AM EST) I managed to find FP times around 9 PM for SDD on July 7 (60 days out) as a test, with FOP showing availability starting around 6 PM on the same day. Most other rides, Space Mtn, 7DMT, TT, etc., look wide open as far as getting times. That being said, good luck to all in your selections!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter