****Official July 2021 Thread****

I love Boardwalk to I'm super stoked!

Easily, my favorite resort.

We did ten nights at Poly over July 4th back in 2019 and something just felt off (actually, it ended up being a combination of a bunch of small things) but there was one day we did some resort hopping and due to a Hurricane heading to where we live, we had to extend our stay by two days so we booked over at the Beach Club.

When we walked into the lobby at the boardwalk my wife and I looked at each other, smiled and she said..."we're home"

We are getting ready to make our ADRs soon and I am so thrown off with my planning haha! I am so used to the way I would plan 'pre-pandemic' and now I'm struggling to figure out how to plan my days! Do I want to make reservations for the park I have a park pass for? Or do I want to go back to the resort midday and then go somewhere else in the evenings? Trying to narrow down our list! It feels SO fun to be planning again. I also feel that this will help me to 'slow down' while I am at WDW and just appreciate being there.

We are getting ready to make our ADRs soon and I am so thrown off with my planning haha! I am so used to the way I would plan 'pre-pandemic' and now I'm struggling to figure out how to plan my days! Do I want to make reservations for the park I have a park pass for? Or do I want to go back to the resort midday and then go somewhere else in the evenings? Trying to narrow down our list! It feels SO fun to be planning again. I also feel that this will help me to 'slow down' while I am at WDW and just appreciate being there.

It definitely is fun to plan again. One thing to know about meal reservations though is that if you have a park reservation at say MK but want to hop to Epcot for dinner at Le Cellier, even though you have a dinner reservation, it does not guarantee you entry into the park. With that said, I don't think any park has yet to reach a high enough capacity to not let hoppers in, but just making sure you know.

It definitely is fun to plan again. One thing to know about meal reservations though is that if you have a park reservation at say MK but want to hop to Epcot for dinner at Le Cellier, even though you have a dinner reservation, it does not guarantee you entry into the park. With that said, I don't think any park has yet to reach a high enough capacity to not let hoppers in, but just making sure you know.

Oh that is a great point! I sort of assumed if you had a dinner reservation you would be allowed in but that does make sense. Thank you for letting me know for sure! Lots to think about!

Oh that is a great point! I sort of assumed if you had a dinner reservation you would be allowed in but that does make sense. Thank you for letting me know for sure! Lots to think about!

I forgot to add that if for some reason you're not allowed in, they'll cancel your meal reservation with no $ penalty. So no harm in trying, but have a backup in mind just in case.

Please add us to the Roll Call. We will be at All Star Movies July 2-10. Pre-COVID I knew how to plan park days with the holiday and fireworks, now I feel like I should just assume that every day will be the same at every park regarding crowds. I am anxiously waiting to how much park hours will be increased.
Welcome aboard! I'm right there with you wondering about the park hours, especially with the addition of F&W. I would assume they'd extend at least as much as the June hours, right? :scratchin
We made the decision to switch hotels from Coronado Springs to Boardwalk Villas as a special treat to celebrate one of my friend's/traveling party's birthday! I love Boardwalk to I'm super stoked!
You're updated! :teeth:
That's what I'm thinking / hoping as well, and I'm in the same boat regarding the ADRs, but then....
I forgot to add that if for some reason you're not allowed in, they'll cancel your meal reservation with no $ penalty. So no harm in trying, but have a backup in mind just in case.
... then I saw this! HUGE relief! Thanks SO MUCH Memorymakerfor4!!!! :thanks:

My first WDW solo trip will be July 10-17.

7/10-13: Saratoga Springs
7/13-15: Copper Creek Villas
7/15-17: Hilton Orlando - Lake Buena Vista.

The wife didn't want to go in the heat of the summer (we'll be back for 9 days in October), and said, "go and enjoy". So that's the plan! Tried to get a few buddies to come down for at least a long "guys weekend", but no one else could make it happen this time. I'll fly in early on the 10th and depart late on the 17th, so it's really nearly 8 days. I've tried to set some time aside at both DVC resorts.

With better planning, I'd have been in two resorts, not three. But since it's just me, those moves won't be bad. And... that 60-day dining reservation window will be here before you know it!

I received an email from Touring Plan notifying me that the crowd level prediction for first week of July is going up. TP also released an article that the crowd level max might be raised to 50% from the current 35% in the summer.

I am worried mostly about the wait time spent in lines. My family only visit WDW in the summer pre-covid so we know what summer is like, but that's with FP+ and everything that are currently taken away.
How's everyone feeling about your upcoming July trip?

I received an email from Touring Plan notifying me that the crowd level prediction for first week of July is going up. TP also released an article that the crowd level max might be raised to 50% from the current 35% in the summer.

I am worried mostly about the wait time spent in lines. My family only visit WDW in the summer pre-covid so we know what summer is like, but that's with FP+ and everything that are currently taken away.
I am definitely expecting an increase in capacity. I'm just going into the experience expecting it. Will be pleasantly surprised if I am wrong. They are reducing social distancing on rides bit by bit and I believe Festival of Lion King will be opening by then. The way the airlines have been selling tickets lately, I think a lot of people plan to travel this summer.

We already planned to take it easy given the summer heat, so if it's too crowded we can go back to the hotel and go back later in the day.

I hope more opens up if that is the case. Especially dining. I haven't been since '09 and I'm sure it will be much different but I am super excited to take my new husband who has never been!

I also think they will increase capacity. Now, what does 50% of the park look like in the summer? I have no idea. I hope they provide more entertainment (character meets and parades) and anything that will divert people from the lines if FP isn't available. We're celebrating my son's birthday but my middle daughter talks about our Disney trip daily. I forget how difficult this last year has been on kids and she really needs something to look forward to.

My first WDW solo trip will be July 10-17.

7/10-13: Saratoga Springs
7/13-15: Copper Creek Villas
7/15-17: Hilton Orlando - Lake Buena Vista.

The wife didn't want to go in the heat of the summer (we'll be back for 9 days in October), and said, "go and enjoy". So that's the plan! Tried to get a few buddies to come down for at least a long "guys weekend", but no one else could make it happen this time. I'll fly in early on the 10th and depart late on the 17th, so it's really nearly 8 days. I've tried to set some time aside at both DVC resorts.

With better planning, I'd have been in two resorts, not three. But since it's just me, those moves won't be bad. And... that 60-day dining reservation window will be here before you know it!
Hello cyiland!!! I had the GREATEST time when I did my solo trip; it's amazing how freeing it is not to have to worry about what anyone else wants (hence my 2 hour lunch at Tiffins!). And you're absolutely right about the ADR window coming up! I'm more concerned about getting that all important Savi's reservation than I thought I'd be; didn't realize they'd turned into such a hot ticket item that I'd need to stay up to 11:00 the night before my ADR day so I could book it!
I am definitely expecting an increase in capacity. I'm just going into the experience expecting it. Will be pleasantly surprised if I am wrong. They are reducing social distancing on rides bit by bit and I believe Festival of Lion King will be opening by then. The way the airlines have been selling tickets lately, I think a lot of people plan to travel this summer.
We already planned to take it easy given the summer heat, so if it's too crowded we can go back to the hotel and go back later in the day.
I also think they will increase capacity. Now, what does 50% of the park look like in the summer? I have no idea. I hope they provide more entertainment (character meets and parades) and anything that will divert people from the lines if FP isn't available. We're celebrating my son's birthday but my middle daughter talks about our Disney trip daily. I forget how difficult this last year has been on kids and she really needs something to look forward to.
I'm assuming capacity will be raised as well. Cape May is rumored to be opening back up, and I think if we start hearing about other restaurants, that's going to be the signal. I'm STILL hoping because of the weather and the anniversary this fall that July isn't going to be the first choice for most people considering a Disney vacation, but we shall see. It's going to be all about planning and preparation, July Friends!!! :surfweb:

Will be staying at ASM July 5-11 with DS (6) and DS (9). First time just the three of us (and me being the only adult). We’ve been DL people for most of their life. This will be their second time at WDW. So very excited.

JennLTX - does the reservation system for Savi's Workshop open at midnight EST the night before?
That's what I've been hearing / reading. This thread discusses it: Savis and Droid Reservations As someone points out, it definitely take some of the pressure off the Savi vs ADR question!
Will be staying at ASM July 5-11 with DS (6) and DS (9). First time just the three of us (and me being the only adult). We’ve been DL people for most of their life. This will be their second time at WDW. So very excited.
Howdy and glad to have you joining us!!! :tigger:

That event without FP+, overall wait times at 50% would still be less than what it was prior to COVID
Lens from TP shared on the TP forum that pre-covid, the average attendance was about 60% in the summer time. So 50% is very close to pre-covid attendance level

50% would be the capacity not the reality. Just like when the capacity was 100% but reality was 60-70%. The variant won't be as large but there will still be some variance.

Overall wait times will be less this summer when compared to pre COVID summers even if capacity is raised to 50%

My family of seven (including 5 teenagers, pray for us) are booked for July 7-17. We are staying offsite (did I mention we have 5 teenagers?) at Calabay Parc. We are exclusively summer travelers, and did our last trip the first week of July in 2017. A lot has changed since then! Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter