****Official July 2021 Thread****

Mine were seven and nine years old. They came home from school and I asked them if you could go anywhere you wanted today where would you go?. My son said the Oz fest which was insane cuz that would never happen. My daughter said Walt Disney world! I said well you better hurry up and pack because your grandfather's on his way to drive us to the airport your suitcase and backpack are out in your room and there's a list on your bed. Need a child believe me until I said there was a list and then my daughter stage whispered, "she said there's a list! She's not kidding.We better hurry up".
Love this!

Got a shipping notice today that was quick so I know they’ll arrive before we leave in less than 2 weeks!

so excited for everyone leaving in a week hope you all have the most magical time pixiedust:

We will be there July 25-August 1. This trip will replace the March 2020 trip that was cancelled due to the pandemic. We are staying in BLT in a 2 bedroom villa. We have stayed at CR before, but never at BLT. We haven't been in the parks since 2017, and we are SO excited!

We will be there July 25-August 1. This trip will replace the March 2020 trip that was cancelled due to the pandemic. We are staying in BLT in a 2 bedroom villa. We have stayed at CR before, but never at BLT. We haven't been in the parks since 2017, and we are SO excited!
Sometimes I really think instead of "July Travelers" we should be "We were supposed to go in 2020 but... Travelers." party: Welcome to our merry band!!!

@JennLTX thank you so much! You are SO right!

We were really bummed to have our spring break 2020 trip cancelled. Of course, we had NO idea what would unfold in the months to come, but we were so looking forward to that trip. It was to celebrate our DS's high school graduation, and both of my DSs were planning on meeting up friends from school who would be there too. *sigh* I know so many folks had special trips derailed in 2020.

Some good news here. Official calendar still has only July 1-10 with MK open until 11, but this article says the whole month... Also AK until 7.
GREAT news along with the fireworks announcements. I sure as heck wish they'd extend HS hours, but I'm betting it's all a labor issue.

Again, my July Friends, let's all be sure to thank the CMs who are busting their rears to make our trips magical!!! :thanks:

GREAT news along with the fireworks announcements. I sure as heck wish they'd extend HS hours, but I'm betting it's all a labor issue.

Again, my July Friends, let's all be sure to thank the CMs who are busting their rears to make our trips magical!!! :thanks:
I wish they would as well, but I'm glad MK is extended. 11:00 is helpful when you want a midday break!
And for SURE be kind and grateful to the CMs.

So, the text that appeared in my feed reader copy of the Blog Mickey article is different than what is currently attached. The first release had MK until 11 all month. They revised it and it's back to only the 1-10th... Sorry to get everyone's hopes up!

Here is what it originally said:

Three of the four Walt Disney World theme parks have extended their operating hours as the calendar turns to summer. Also of significance is the return of fireworks at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT – something that is reflected in the new hours. Here’s a look at the changes:

Magic Kingdom

• June 27-30: Park hours extended 8am to 9pm (previously 9am to 9pm)
  • July 1-31: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 9pm)
EPCOT

• July 18-31: Park hours extended 11am to 10pm (previously 11am to 9pm
Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• July 4-31: Park hours extended 8am to 7pm (previously 8am to 6pm)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios

• No changes
As far as fireworks are concerned, Happily Ever After will be shown at 9:15pm and EPCOT Forever will be shown at 10pm.

I really thought they would too. Several weeks back when looking for Oga reservations (I wasn’t able to get them at 60 days out), I was able to snag several nights ADRs well past the 8 pm park closing time. For our last night I was able to get our party of 7 a 8:55 time slot. That’s almost an hour after park closing. I really thought that meant they were going to increase park closing to at least 9pm.

Is there a chance MK will open at 8am in July? I get the extended hours but I'd love to beat the heat in the morning.

Mine were seven and nine years old. They came home from school and I asked them if you could go anywhere you wanted today where would you go?. My son said the Oz fest which was insane because that would never happen. My daughter said Walt Disney World! I said well you better hurry up and pack because your grandfather's on his way to drive us to the airport your suitcase and backpack are out in your room and there's a list on your bed. Niether child believed me until I said there was a list and then my daughter stage whispered, "she said there's a list! She's not kidding.We better hurry up".
I surprised my 6 year old and picked her up from school early to go to the airport. She thought she was going for a haircut...she actually was annoyed because she told everyone she was going for a haircut. hahaha - she got over that real quick but it was her initial reaction.

We have 29 days to go. I am hoping that Jet Blue changes my flight down so I can add an extra day. We have two other flight itineraries (not Disney) with Jet Blue and of course, both of those had at least a flight change or a cancelation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter