****Official July 2021 Thread****

We leave tmw (form NYC), and looking at the 10-day disney forecast, it might be hotter in NYC !!! :))
Normally, shows many days in 90's--- this time, think I only see one

Lucky! Enjoy!
We are from NYC too and are hoping we have your same weather luck when we arrive next week.

I can't remember if I checked in here for our trip. Snagged a last minute DVC rental at Kidani. We leave this Thurs for one night at CBR then over to AKL for the weekend. We will be kid-free! Woo! It is total chance we will be there for food and wine opening weekend. Nervous about the crowds because of that. We decided to use Epcot as our hopping park since it opens later. So I know it will be very busy by the time we get there. We were excited to finally be able to visit the showcase sans kids. No matter what we will make the best of it!

Reactions: rlk

Yes, please tell us how the weekend is coming up! I've been looking at the wait times on the app just to get an idea of different times of day. Major nerd over here.

Hey everyone! We are back from our trip! We had an amazing time! It was more crowded than I expected...but it was still so magical!

Reactions: rlk
Did you know fireworks cruises are back? I just heard and was able to book us one for next week! AAAAAAHHHHH! It's a surprise for my husband for our anniversary.

Yikes! I'm concerned they opened up more park reservations again.
Headed to DHS now. Hopefully a better day. MK yesterday was not good.
I didn’t think it seemed too bad this past Monday at Animal Kingdom but we stayed in Pandora until after our lunch at Satuui Canteen. Our adult kids headed to Expedition Everest afterwards and said it was nearly impossible to get through the crowds there. We rope dropped every park then went back to the room after lunch to swim and to let the granddaughter nap…then headed back to a park afterward dinner, usually.

First day--- check-in went fine---- I had the $100 CC hold for the hotel reversed-- (didnt even know they were doing that) - We dont pay for anything with our MBs, so they reversed the charge--- Went to "Blaze" at DS-- long line but moved fast--
But, again.... Disney really needs to do something about the bus wait times at DS--- we had to wait four busses to get on !!!
No room to even stand--- and took over 30 mins per bus !!! In other news--- its cooler hear than it is in NYC--- definitely a plus !!!

9 short hours and we will be in the car and on our way!

giphy.gif

We just got back yesterday from 7/9 and here are some thoughts, but remember ymmv!

Parks- Rope drop was always important, but never as much as it is now! MK held us until exactly 9 for SDMT but then we were on and off in 15 min and everything was about the same for the next hour which was awesome before lines started getting long but nowhere near as bad as HS...
they did let us go earlier than MK and by around 11:15 we had done Slinky, Toy Story Mania and Swirling Saucers. Wait times had soared by then for everything like I have never seen. Anything worth riding was over an hour by then and continued throughout the day.

Boarding Group for ROTR- I scored one every time I practiced from home when it didn't matter lol, but didn't get one at 7am not on the wifi from SSR. At 1pm my son and I did it at the same time in the park with his on the wifi go figure and he scored it with that one!
I won't ruin it but it was worth all of the effort!

We hopped to AK in the afternoon on MK day before returning for fireworks and waited only a few min for safari with Lion King show after and then hit Pandora. Navi was posted at 40 and ended up being closer to 55 and then close to 90 for FOP that was posted at 80.

Epcot at night of first day of Food and Wine was crowded but not as much as I expected. Rode Soarin, Test Track and Frozen after hopping from HS. Got to try a few booths but not as many as would have liked since the kids wanted to get the rides done before fireworks. First time seeing Epcot Forever and actually really liked it!

Bus Service was better than ever so not sure why I read so many complaints before leaving and hope you have the same experience.

Weather was beautiful with an occasional shower, but less hot and humid than NY where I am from!

Blizzard Beach was a first and definitely not a last as we all enjoyed it and was a nice break in the middle of the week!

The newly renovated rooms at SSR are really beautiful! First time at that resort as usually stay Yacht/Beach but really loved being so close to Disney Springs for the great rstrnts and resort pools were fun and overall property very relaxing. Cast members were super friendly and always helpful and the kids loved the pool games, community hall and a last day surprise with Pluto and Donald at the pool!

As a final takeaway parks are definitely more crowded than I expected, but there is more pavement to move around than ever which was nice. There are just still too many experiences not back yet to eat up the crowd to reduce lines. If parades, shows and others came back I don't even think it would be as bad without FP. So glad we went and as reluctant as I was for my youngest to not be able to hug the characters or get autographs we all still had a great trip making many memories at our favorite place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter