*** Official July 2022 Thread ***

I hope this availability holds out until the end of the month. All my boys want is Oga's, Savi's, and Droid Depot. I would also love to snag Sci Fi for our HS day, but would settle for Mama Melrose. We want to do the Fireworks Dessert Party again for our MK day, preferably the pre party, but would be okay with after if we have to.

Good morning! Part 2 of our triple split stay was this morning, I got Sci fi, Ogas ( late), topolinos dinner , and Savis. Don’t need it , but saw Ohana at 60+3. Most of these restaurants are easily available at 60+ 2 or 3 and beyond. The only one I have not seen is Topolinos breakfast because my windows are short I suppose.

Got my reservations done today! Some highlights....
- I got a Savi's lightsaber back in 2020, but now I'm splurging for my wife and kids. I'll be sure to film them and the experience!
- I nabbed a Space 220 Lounge reservation! We are at Epcot for our first and last days of the vacation. I wanted to eat there on day 1, but I'm still pleased to go on our last day. It gives us something to look forward to!
- Ohana breakfast. It's our favorite character meal.
- SciFi Diner. When the day gets hot, I love kicking back in our car and watching come classic (?) movies.

Today was my ADR day... overall really happy with what I got! There are a couple I couldn't get, but will continue to search. And yes, I know it's a lot... I'm a foodie and don't really care for quick-service in the parks. 😊 Eating is the highlight of vacation for me.

Oh-- something else to note. I got halfway through my list and the website crashed. MDE app wasn't working either. So I opened an incognito window on the computer and that did the trick, in case anyone else runs into that issue.

Day 60 (Tried for Ohana dinner. No dice)
60+1 Tusker breakfast
Yak & Yeti dinner
60+2 Via Napoli lunch
60+3 California Grill dinner
60+4 Chef Mickeys breakfast
Crystal Palace dinner
60+5 Boathouse lunch.
Couldn't find Jiko for dinner
60+6 Topolinos breakfast
Space 220 dinner
60+7 Skipper Canteen lunch
CRT dinner
60+8 Boma breakfast b4 driving home.

Today was my ADR day... overall really happy with what I got! There are a couple I couldn't get, but will continue to search. And yes, I know it's a lot... I'm a foodie and don't really care for quick-service in the parks. 😊 Eating is the highlight of vacation for me.

Oh-- something else to note. I got halfway through my list and the website crashed. MDE app wasn't working either. So I opened an incognito window on the computer and that did the trick, in case anyone else runs into that issue.

Day 60 (Tried for Ohana dinner. No dice)
60+1 Tusker breakfast
Yak & Yeti dinner
60+2 Via Napoli lunch
60+3 California Grill dinner
60+4 Chef Mickeys breakfast
Crystal Palace dinner
60+5 Boathouse lunch.
Couldn't find Jiko for dinner
60+6 Topolinos breakfast
Space 220 dinner
60+7 Skipper Canteen lunch
CRT dinner
60+8 Boma breakfast b4 driving home.

Please add a "+1" to all of those meals, because I am definitely joining you! 🤤

Hi everyone! I hope your July planning is going well. Our trips are getting so close!! Made it through Prom (last weekend) for DD#3, next up is DD#1 college graduation. :thumbsup2 We have so.many.things happening before this trip!

Today was our day to book ADRs for the first half of our split stay. The site opened right at 6:00am and was crazy glitchy the entire time I was working with it (roughly 40 minutes). :crazy2: I was on Edge on my desktop and I kept getting the "please paws" with Lady & Tramp and had to go back, refresh, etc. It kept letting me pick a time and then the error would come up. So I'd go back, and then the next time it would give me was 5 minutes later....happened what felt like dozens of times! :sad2: Seriously, to get one ADR, I'd have to go back and reselect at least 3-4 times. Oh, and SO STRANGE but twice between the screen where you select your time and the next one where you assign the people in your party, I got a menu to select a special occasion cake!!?? :confused: I've never seen that before. There was a button to SKIP at the bottom, and then it moved on. But very strange. As predicted, I couldn't get what I was looking for a lot of the time. Knew it would be really difficult, and it was. Never could get Space 220 lounge, but there were only two days where it would fit and we're a party of 5 (not just 2 or 3 which maybe is easier), so that was expected. None of us like the menu at the restaurant enough to pay for that, so we were prepared to move on if the Lounge didn't have availability. We may try to walk up one day and see what happens. Nothing lost if we still can't get in. Oh! And just because, you know, everything was going so smoothly (NOT!), at about 6:15-6:20am, our power glitched for a second. :scared1: DOH! It came right back on, but I had to reboot the desktop, and then the modem/router went offline and DH had to go reset it, so it was about 6:30 before I could get back on and finish. :faint: Ah well, it's fine. We got some good stuff and will make some adjustments to make things fit where we can. I really can't complain. I summarized our plans below (though I will keep checking and will try for modifications, if I can!).

Question for y'all:
I ended up with two ADRs for Biergarten because the only time I could get was 3:30 and wasn't prepared for that, so now to decide which one to keep. :confused3 Two of my DDs have never been and this is a must-do. [sidebar: how can there be no dinners for Biergarten already!? I didn't think it was THAT popular?!] Which would you keep:
  • 3:30 ADR on a day where we will start at the MK with Keys to the Kingdom Tour, should end around 2:00 and will need to hop right over to EPCOT for this. This is on a night when EPCOT will be open late, so we plan to stay for that. We're staying at BWV, so we could conceivably return to hotel for a bit of a recharge after the late lunch and before heading back to EPCOT for the late hours.
OR
  • 3:30 ADR on a day where we will start at the AK with no set schedule so could leave in time to recharge at hotel for a bit before hitting EPCOT for late lunch and the rest of the evening. Buuutttt, this is the day we'd planned to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival. Will we be hungry AT ALL after Biergarten to want to partake in F&W offerings? Maybe we'll have stretched our stomachs and be ready for more later in the evening? ::yes::
ADRs as of now (subject to modifications, if possible!):
60+0 - Sanaa dinner @ 8:15 // We wanted California Grill but they had nothing. I tried intermittently between making other ADRs and nothing came up at all for this day at the CG. For Sanaa, I could have either done early (4:15) or late (what I chose; this was the earliest of the late ones). We check in this day and might not be able to get into our villa until late afternoon, so late was the best choice. I'm hoping that it'll still be a little light out being mid-summer, so that we can see animals at least at the beginning.
60+1 - Biergarten lunch @ 3:30 // This is where we wanted Biergarten for dinner but nothing available past 3:30! So I took it and am debating as per above.
60+2 - California Grill @ 9:40 // We're celebrating a bunch of stuff as a family on this trip and REALLY wanted to eat at the CG, so we took this as it was the only ADR I could find. We're planning to hop to AK for the afternoon on this day, so we'll probably leave by 7pm to go back to hotel to refresh and then head to dinner. I'm hoping they'll let us up a little early so we can see the fireworks, but unsure how that will go.
60+3 - Cinderella's Royal Table @ 7:30pm // I booked this as a back-up to CG when I couldn't seem to get that, but now that it's paid for and all set I think we'll just keep it (very clever, Disney!). MK is open until midnight on this day, so we'll still have time in the parks after dinner.
60+4 - Ale & Compass @ 10:05 // I read some really great things about the breakfast here, and since we're at the Boardwalk it'll be easy to get there. We do love breakfast out while on vacation, so this will be great. No daytime park plans this day; we'll sleep in, have breakfast, come back for a pool/lounge day.
60+5 - Biergarten lunch @ 3:30 // This is the second of the two Biergarten ADRs; if we cancel this one, our plan will be to sample F&W booths.
60+6 - Homecomin' brunch @ 12:45 // I was a little surprised to get this one (and even was able to modify it from the originally-booked 12:00); I've read great things about the food here and we've been wanting to try it. I also read the tip that late brunch reservations can also order from the lunch menu, so we're hoping to have our pick from both menus with this timeslot but we'll see. If not, either menu has plenty of things that look amazing.

WHEW ohmygosh I'm sorry this got so long!! :blush:
Good luck to those of you still booking ADRs (and I'll be doing it again next week for second half of our trip)!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I hope your July planning is going well. Our trips are getting so close!! Made it through Prom (last weekend) for DD#3, next up is DD#1 college graduation. :thumbsup2 We have so.many.things happening before this trip!

Today was our day to book ADRs for the first half of our split stay. The site opened right at 6:00am and was crazy glitchy the entire time I was working with it (roughly 40 minutes). :crazy2: I was on Edge on my desktop and I kept getting the "please paws" with Lady & Tramp and had to go back, refresh, etc. It kept letting me pick a time and then the error would come up. So I'd go back, and then the next time it would give me was 5 minutes later....happened what felt like dozens of times! :sad2: Seriously, to get one ADR, I'd have to go back and reselect at least 3-4 times. Oh, and SO STRANGE but twice between the screen where you select your time and the next one where you assign the people in your party, I got a menu to select a special occasion cake!!?? :confused: I've never seen that before. There was a button to SKIP at the bottom, and then it moved on. But very strange. As predicted, I couldn't get what I was looking for a lot of the time. Knew it would be really difficult, and it was. Never could get Space 220 lounge, but there were only two days where it would fit and we're a party of 5 (not just 2 or 3 which maybe is easier), so that was expected. None of us like the menu at the restaurant enough to pay for that, so we were prepared to move on if the Lounge didn't have availability. We may try to walk up one day and see what happens. Nothing lost if we still can't get in. Oh! And just because, you know, everything was going so smoothly (NOT!), at about 6:15-6:20am, our power glitched for a second. :scared1: DOH! It came right back on, but I had to reboot the desktop, and then the modem/router went offline and DH had to go reset it, so it was about 6:30 before I could get back on and finish. :faint: Ah well, it's fine. We got some good stuff and will make some adjustments to make things fit where we can. I really can't complain. I summarized our plans below (though I will keep checking and will try for modifications, if I can!).

Question for y'all:
I ended up with two ADRs for Biergarten because the only time I could get was 3:30 and wasn't prepared for that, so now to decide which one to keep. :confused3 Two of my DDs have never been and this is a must-do. [sidebar: how can there be no dinners for Biergarten already!? I didn't think it was THAT popular?!] Which would you keep:
  • 3:30 ADR on a day where we will start at the MK with Keys to the Kingdom Tour, should end around 2:00 and will need to hop right over to EPCOT for this. This is on a night when EPCOT will be open late, so we plan to stay for that. We're staying at BWV, so we could conceivably return to hotel for a bit of a recharge after the late lunch and before heading back to EPCOT for the late hours.
OR
  • 3:30 ADR on a day where we will start at the AK with no set schedule so could leave in time to recharge at hotel for a bit before hitting EPCOT for late lunch and the rest of the evening. Buuutttt, this is the day we'd planned to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival. Will we be hungry AT ALL after Biergarten to want to partake in F&W offerings? Maybe we'll have stretched our stomachs and be ready for more later in the evening? ::yes::
ADRs as of now (subject to modifications, if possible!):
60+0 - Sanaa dinner @ 8:15 // We wanted California Grill but they had nothing. I tried intermittently between making other ADRs and nothing came up at all for this day at the CG. For Sanaa, I could have either done early (4:15) or late (what I chose; this was the earliest of the late ones). We check in this day and might not be able to get into our villa until late afternoon, so late was the best choice. I'm hoping that it'll still be a little light out being mid-summer, so that we can see animals at least at the beginning.
60+1 - Biergarten lunch @ 3:30 // This is where we wanted Biergarten for dinner but nothing available past 3:30! So I took it and am debating as per above.
60+2 - California Grill @ 9:40 // We're celebrating a bunch of stuff as a family on this trip and REALLY wanted to eat at the CG, so we took this as it was the only ADR I could find. We're planning to hop to AK for the afternoon on this day, so we'll probably leave by 7pm to go back to hotel to refresh and then head to dinner. I'm hoping they'll let us up a little early so we can see the fireworks, but unsure how that will go.
60+3 - Cinderella's Royal Table @ 7:30pm // I booked this as a back-up to CG when I couldn't seem to get that, but now that it's paid for and all set I think we'll just keep it (very clever, Disney!). MK is open until midnight on this day, so we'll still have time in the parks after dinner.
60+4 - Ale & Compass @ 10:05 // I read some really great things about the breakfast here, and since we're at the Boardwalk it'll be easy to get there. We do love breakfast out while on vacation, so this will be great. No daytime park plans this day; we'll sleep in, have breakfast, come back for a pool/lounge day.
60+5 - Biergarten lunch @ 3:30 // This is the second of the two Biergarten ADRs; if we cancel this one, our plan will be to sample F&W booths.
60+6 - Homecomin' brunch @ 12:45 // I was a little surprised to get this one (and even was able to modify it from the originally-booked 12:00); I've read great things about the food here and we've been wanting to try it. I also read the tip that late brunch reservations can also order from the lunch menu, so we're hoping to have our pick from both menus with this timeslot but we'll see. If not, either menu has plenty of things that look amazing.

WHEW ohmygosh I'm sorry this got so long!! :blush:
Good luck to those of you still booking ADRs (and I'll be doing it again next week for second half of our trip)!
I would keep the first Biergarten ressie... but continue to look for dinners bc I have a feeling not everything has been released yet. 😊

I think I would keep the first Biergarten Ressie as well. I'm sorry you couldn't get all you were hoping for, but at least you got some good ones. And, I bet other things will open up closer to your dates. I'm so ready to get our ADRs done. 12 days!

Just booked dining and saber/droid reservations today and was able to get absolutely everything I wanted! Only Topolino's Terrace wasn't at a preferred time (11:55 is a little late for breakfast), but I'll set up an alert to see if I can modify to a more preferred time on that same day.

I booked: Savis, Droids, Topolino's Terrace, Oga's, Sebastian's Bistro, Yak & Yeti, Boathouse, and Skipper's Canteen. Of these, the only reservation with limited availability was Topolino's Terrace which had very limited availability at 60+4 (our preferred day), but was pretty open at 60+7 (departure day, our 2nd choice). I expected Oga's to be tough to book, but it was wide open at 60+2. Tons of availability for Savi's at 60+2 as well.

Good luck to all those who are booking their reservations in the coming days!

Hi all, an update: today was my ADR day for the second-half of our split stay. Here's how it went:

I couldn't get:
  • Space 220 Lounge - totally expected that; we've pretty much resigned ourselves that this is something for another time. We'd like to see it, but none of us feel strongly enough to keep repeatedly searching.
  • Garden Grill - this was surprising; I could have made any time work on three different days, but I think they are only seating the lower level so that reduces capacity dramatically. I did set up a free reservation finder (never done that before; we'll see how it goes!), but it's fine if we can't get there this trip.
I did get:
  • Skippers Canteen - have never been here and looking to try somewhere new in the MK. Booked it as a lunch in case we want to hop.
  • LeCreperie - My youngest DD loves crepes so we're going to try it for lunch
  • LeCellier Steakhouse - DH and I were here so long ago I hardly remember it, and my DDs have never been. Booked this for dinner on the last night of our trip as a nice send-off.
I also booked an Oga's Cantina for stupid-early (9:15 I think) one of the days on the first half of our trip, several days after the booking window opened. Mostly just so we can see inside it -- DH is a huge Star Wars fan. I've read LOTS of reports of this being a one-and-done, so my expectations are pretty low. My 22yo thinks this is a great idea and can't wait to go day-drinking with mom; lol. Then at noonish I booked my DH a droid build experience. So this will be a Star Wars morning.

For all of my fellow July 4th travelers, I just noticed Magic Kingdom is all booked for the 4th.
Yep, but I think you'll still be able to hop (so far I think MK was only closed to hopping once on the actual opening day anniversary), so fingers crossed anyone who wants to be there for fireworks could still get in.

Has anyone tried for a beachcomber shack at TL in late July? I called at 60 days from my check-in date and they said they haven’t dropped yet and to try for 60 days from the date I want the shack, which is today. Just called and still no availability for any day the week of our trip. She said the umbrellas were available but not the shacks, and this CM said she couldn’t tell if they were reserved or not loaded yet. The two earlier in the week said they were not loaded yet. I really didn’t think the shacks got snatched up that quickly…

Has anyone tried for a beachcomber shack at TL in late July? I called at 60 days from my check-in date and they said they haven’t dropped yet and to try for 60 days from the date I want the shack, which is today. Just called and still no availability for any day the week of our trip. She said the umbrellas were available but not the shacks, and this CM said she couldn’t tell if they were reserved or not loaded yet. The two earlier in the week said they were not loaded yet. I really didn’t think the shacks got snatched up that quickly…
I would venture to guess they haven't dropped yet. The Magic Kingdom dessert party dates for late July haven't loaded yet either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter