*** Official July 2022 Thread ***

Friendship boat between Hollywood studios and Epcot are all down this morning. :(

Going to be down for a few days later this / next week, but only in MK on 7/19 - Looking forward to dual showings of Enchantment (9:20 and 11:00)!

If anyone is there and can chime in on crowds and the heat, I'd appreciate it!
I am wondering too! I read an article that attendance is surprisingly lower than normal. Especially during the 4th when they were expecting it to be insane. But then I've seen reports from people who were there saying it was super busy. I've only been in May and October. So, I'm not sure what to expect in comparison to those crowds!

As of right now. The park reservation is still pretty green for the end of July and showing booked at some parks up until the 25, with weekends still being green. But I've also heard rumors that Disney more than likely manipulates that to push crowd attendance evenly across the 4 parks. So even though Magic Kingdom might be booked that day in "reservations" it might not really be at full capacity at the parks.
Fingers cross for low crowds!! I think I will be more forgiving on the heat if I don't have to wait long for rides and food!!

If anyone is there and can chime in on crowds and the heat, I'd appreciate it!
We just got back yesterday (19th June - 10th July) and up until around the 7th July the parks were manageable and the quietest we’ve ever seen them this time of year (we always go that time of year) but DHS on the 7th was crazy busy and MK on the 9th was also insanely busy too. MK that day was the busiest we’ve seen any park the entire time we were there actually. It’s very hot and humid there too atm so make sure you’re all staying hydrated! The rain seemed to be coming at night this week as well.

The crowds were definitely showing up that last week we were there along with the South American tour groups back in full force. We actually couldn’t believe just how quiet and manageable MK was on the 4th July this year compared to other years and thought the rest of the week was going to be that way too but it seems everyone’s come after the 4th this year.

I will say though that the parks are clean and there’s always someone in the restrooms cleaning stalls and there’s a lot of custodial staff around emptying bins and that 90% of Disney staff have been absolutely impeccable and made magic for us wherever they could in case anyone was worried about that. A few ride breakdowns here and there but that’s to be expected at any theme park. The new Guardians ride is definitely A MUST if you can get on it. We’ve had an amazing time the last few weeks, even though it was so hot, and couldn’t have asked for a better first trip back since July 2019!!

How have the crowds been, for anyone just back or there now? We arrive Saturday!

We are here now--- arrived Thurs... honestly, the crowds are the lightest we've seen in years (we always go right around the same time) --- only thing I should add is that we have NOT gone to MK yet (going tmw) ... however, Epcot was not crowded at all--- DHS moderately crowded--- AK not bad at all today--- "Navi" was 15 min wait--- Safari listed at 50, was more like 30

We just got back after a trip from July 8 - 17. We had a great trip!
Coming from the hot & humid Midwest, I THOUGHT I was prepared for the weather, but no. Oh, no no no. The max Heat Index was 103-108 on every day, and the humidity was frequently in the 80% + range. It's funny, based on previous experience, I was expecting thunderstorms in mid-afternoon, but it hit almost every day in the evening (5-8pm-ish).

Crowds were best early morning (we did early entry rope drop every day), at least for the first hour, but lines got crazy long by late morning. When you see Journey Into Imagination's line out the door and around the building, you know it's bad!

Here's the deal: I HATED using Genie Plus, but it was essential. It was too expensive, the app is too glitchy, I spent way too much time looking at my phone, but by pretty much sacrificing my time and attention to fiddling with the app, I created a great time for my family.

Well, all that sounds kind of negative, but we really did have an amazing time!
Quick run-down!
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind was AMAZING! We were able to get a virtual queue AND a crazy expensive Individual Lightning Lane and I don't regret it at all. :) I want to ride it again right now.
  • Remy - it was our first time riding this and it's lots of fun! I'd totally ride it again right now.
  • Food & Wine - we usually attend F&W in the fall, so we ended up skipping a lot of spicy foods because of the weather (hot hot hot). My absolute favorite item was the Crispy Paneer at the India kiosk. I would totally eat it again right now.
  • We stayed on the monorail loop for the first time, and having access to the monorail was the best thing ever. I want to ride it again right now.
  • Enchantment fireworks were great, and possibly my favorite MK fireworks, but HarmoniUS is now my favorite nighttime spectacular ever. Sorry, Paint the Night, but there is a new champion! I want to watch it again right now.
To all of you yet to start your July trip, have a great time!

Thank you! I was wondering about the thunderstorms -- been noticing that as I obsessively track from here in CA -- that's about when I'd want us to be heading back into the park, but hopefully that just helps with crowds! I'm nervous about the heat, but again, we'll just do the best we can and really take advantage of the early morning. We leave on Friday!

How have the crowds been, for anyone just back or there now? We arrive Saturday!
We arrive Saturday also. Can't wait to fight the heat! We have pool time scheduled each day and aren't hitting the parks until late afternoon.

We arrive Saturday also. Can't wait to fight the heat! We have pool time scheduled each day and aren't hitting the parks until late afternoon.
We have the same plan! We arrive Sunday.
We have lunch planned at the parks around 1:00. Hoping to stay at the resort in the pool and stack rides with my genie+. That way after we eat, we can go right into rides and not stand in line. I'm normally a Park open to close person, so it kills me to not take advantage of a full day. But with it being so unbearable hot and having Seniors and a toddler in my group. I know it's not possible. I've never used Genie+. So hopefully things turn out like I want them to! I've tried to mentally prepare myself if not though.

We arrive on Saturday! First park day is Sunday. Going to do early morning/break/go back in evening. Also trying to mentally prepare myself for things not going well/ having to change plans. After so many months of preparation, I feel like that may be the hardest part!

We arrive on Saturday! First park day is Sunday. Going to do early morning/break/go back in evening. Also trying to mentally prepare myself for things not going well/ having to change plans. After so many months of preparation, I feel like that may be the hardest part!
It definitely is! we were there last October and the whole trip just felt Chaotic and stressful. Alot of it was due to my daughter being sick (We ended up in urgent care at one point. She has bad ears, even after tubal surgery). I'm not sure if it was because there was no fast pass system or dining plan. I felt like I was just not as prepared as I normally am. I think I was just so scared we were going to miss out on something and tried to do it all.

Hoping going in with a more relaxed mindset will help! My oldest was a go with the flow type of toddler when he was little, so we could always do the park open to close and get a lot of done. But my little girl is not that type of toddler, and I found that out the hard way last year!

We have a mix of mid day breaks and later days planned. We're from Alabama, so pretty used to the heat. I just want everyone to have fun!

Can this now be a thread to cry about having to come back to the real world? We had a great trip. I’m so glad we got to go.

I second that. We had such a wonderful vacation as well, and now that I'm back at work I wish I still had it to look forward to.

We got home Saturday night after 2 flight delays!! Was hoping for a canceled flight for an excuse to stay another day!! Getting back to reality is tough!!

I’ve been checking the lines chat several times a day for a fix. And looking at DVC resale contracts…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter