***Official June, 2012! Hot, hot, hot!!!***

Just a quick opinion question. My youngest daughter was off work for 3 months due to an injury and returned to work in Feb so we are purchasing the meals for her and her 3 children 12, 7, and 4 (turning 5 on the trip). I am budgeting $100 a day for an average for those 4 and myself. We have 2 TS reservations (CP breakfast and 1900 PF Dinner) but the rest are quick service meals for 7 days plus 3 travel days. In addition, we will be eating breakfast in our room. What do you all think, did I allow enough money. We have been several times and I feel it is plenty but my husband thinks I should allow more. The more I allow for meals the less I have for other things.

I think it is plenty esp if you are doing QS most of the time and eating breakfast in your room. How much does hubby think you should allow?

Just a quick opinion question. My youngest daughter was off work for 3 months due to an injury and returned to work in Feb so we are purchasing the meals for her and her 3 children 12, 7, and 4 (turning 5 on the trip). I am budgeting $100 a day for an average for those 4 and myself. We have 2 TS reservations (CP breakfast and 1900 PF Dinner) but the rest are quick service meals for 7 days plus 3 travel days. In addition, we will be eating breakfast in our room. What do you all think, did I allow enough money. We have been several times and I feel it is plenty but my husband thinks I should allow more. The more I allow for meals the less I have for other things.

I over budget for everything, so I don't think you have budgeted enough. Here is an idea. Go to allears and check out the menus and prices. I'm assuming you know where you'll be each day. So pretend that you are going to eat at certain places and figure out what people may order. Then add it up and see where you are. This might even be fun to do. :banana:
Also the QS meals can have a lot of food, so you might be able to share especially with the littlest one.
Don't forget snacks. It is hard to pass those ice cream stands without having one mickey bar or popcorn. popcorn::

Have a great trip!!

Finally getting around to doing my PTR!
May 2012 PTR
It's the only way I can get my fix in right now since most of my pre-planning is complete!!

Last year we stayed at Bonnet Creek and tried to eat as much as possible at the condo. Everytime we sat down at a QS restaurant it was around 50 dollars. We basically would get 4 adult meals and 1 kids meal. I will say we could have shared some of those meals. The burgers and sandwiches at Cosmic Rays in MK are huge. We also brought drinks with us each day. I would say you may want to bump up your budget at tad more (just to be on the safe side).

Please add us too! We will be there 6/24-6/30 and staying offsite. :cool1:

You are there about the same time as we are. We are there the 23rd-30th at Cypress Palms offsite. Our room is free this year so we just could not resist. You have been added to post 482, I'll move it forward in a few more pages.

Thanks to everyone on the meal budget opinions. My husband thinks $150 a day, and several diser's thought $100 wasn't enough, so I guess I better get busy selling on Ebay to make up the difference. Don't mind the selling but don't look forward to all the packing of boxes.

I think I talked DH into the Pirates & Pals firework cruise!! Just sent an email to our travel agent to book it for the final night at the World...I cannot wait!! I think it will be a fun adventure for my son after enduring Akershus dinner with the princesses!!

Super excited about my June trip (as you can tell from the Facebook page), but also super excited because I got the thumbs up to plan for October 2013! Another Food and Wine trip woohoo! Already know we will stay POFQ (wish I could afford Grand Floridian, Contemporary, or Boardwalk... but I can't) and that we want to eat at Raglan Road, Flying Fish, Via Napoli, and Victoria and Albert's!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!

I think I talked DH into the Pirates & Pals firework cruise!! Just sent an email to our travel agent to book it for the final night at the World...I cannot wait!! I think it will be a fun adventure for my son after enduring Akershus dinner with the princesses!!

Congrats on the Pirate & Pals fireworks cruise :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great way to end your trip. I'm sure your son will love it :goodvibes

Don't you just love it when other people tell you how you should spend YOUR money, let alone that he almost blew the surprise. Good luck on the cot - Don't think I could sleep on one.
He was acting like he was kidding, but it was still annoying. It's not like they haven't been on vacations this last year. We all took a family vacation (all 9 of us) to Houston/Galveston this last Spring Break. Then my mil bought some cruise thing that was through a time-share company. It was one of those where you have to listen to the talk but get a couple day cruise, and a couple days in Orlando. Plus they got a 3 day trip to Mexico and a 3 day trip to Las Vegas. They haven't used the Mexico and Vegas trip, b/c they are not supposed to fly. This last summer they did the cruise and Orlando trip and were gone for 12 days. Then she bought another time share, listen to our speil thing and went to Branson for 4 days this last fall. They also had several other small 4-5 day trips to visit family b/c of the family's medical stuff, high school graduation, and to pick up a boat given to my mil by her mom.
Luckily, I didn't have to sleep on a cot. When we went to check in, the girl behind the counter said that instead of making me sleep on a cot, they decided to put us in the same room we had last time. When my mil made the ressie over the phone, she requested that we be put in that room, but was told that it was booked. That the only handicapped room available was the one with the king bed.

I am sure it probably does have something to do with the number of days for the year. I just wish they would've tagged it on somewhere else during the year and let our break start on the 1st! Don't they know it's messing up my precious WDW time? :rotfl:

They've barely been absent, so I have no issue with the skip (I bet most kids won't go that day!) but my Dad would go insane if he wouldn't get to see them participate in the ceremony.

I think we are at Pop some of the same dates as you guys! :thumbsup2
If you think, or know, they are going to get something, then I can understand not missing it. Although, both my DSs are so shy, they would rather miss it.
We will be there are the same time. You arrive the day after us and leave 2 days after.

Super excited about my June trip (as you can tell from the Facebook page), but also super excited because I got the thumbs up to plan for October 2013! Another Food and Wine trip woohoo! Already know we will stay POFQ (wish I could afford Grand Floridian, Contemporary, or Boardwalk... but I can't) and that we want to eat at Raglan Road, Flying Fish, Via Napoli, and Victoria and Albert's!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!
Grats on the go ahead for an October trip!! :banana::dance3::banana: Our last trip to WDW was in October and we loved it!!

Any suggestions for a hotel to stay at near the main gate for the night before we check in to the Pop Century? I want to be as close as possible without actually being on property. I'm going to try and convince the DH to let me make a ressie for dinner the night before we check in. We can tell the boys that since we can't go to WDW we will eat some where on property. I think I'm going to check out 'Ohana. That is the one place we couldn't fit into our ADR schedule for this trip.

Hey everybody, I have been AWOL for a few days, I have been really sick, but back to the grindstone today. I just wish June would get here with no hitches.

DH came home Saturday night and said he might be getting deployed, said he would get details on Sunday, well now it's pushed to tomorrow. I hate waiting for stuff like this...That's the Army for you.

I guess even if he does get deployed, his family will still visit and we can go to Disney anyway, it just wouldn't be the same.

I can't do much trip planning like this...arghhhh pirate:

mtschopp :welcome::welcome::welcome: hope you have a great vacation. I added you to the current list on post 482 page 33. Lots of June Diser's.

letthewookiewin Mousesavers had some great discounts on rooms the other day. Seems like the Swan (could be wrong on the name) was $89 and it is right next to the WDW entrance. I would check out Mousesavers for a room though or the sight with the restaurant menus and cost, but can't think of the name of it either.

He was acting like he was kidding, but it was still annoying. It's not like they haven't been on vacations this last year. We all took a family vacation (all 9 of us) to Houston/Galveston this last Spring Break. Then my mil bought some cruise thing that was through a time-share company. It was one of those where you have to listen to the talk but get a couple day cruise, and a couple days in Orlando. Plus they got a 3 day trip to Mexico and a 3 day trip to Las Vegas. They haven't used the Mexico and Vegas trip, b/c they are not supposed to fly. This last summer they did the cruise and Orlando trip and were gone for 12 days. Then she bought another time share, listen to our speil thing and went to Branson for 4 days this last fall. They also had several other small 4-5 day trips to visit family b/c of the family's medical stuff, high school graduation, and to pick up a boat given to my mil by her mom.
Luckily, I didn't have to sleep on a cot. When we went to check in, the girl behind the counter said that instead of making me sleep on a cot, they decided to put us in the same room we had last time. When my mil made the ressie over the phone, she requested that we be put in that room, but was told that it was booked. That the only handicapped room available was the one with the king bed.

If you think, or know, they are going to get something, then I can understand not missing it. Although, both my DSs are so shy, they would rather miss it.
We will be there are the same time. You arrive the day after us and leave 2 days after.

Grats on the go ahead for an October trip!! :banana::dance3::banana: Our last trip to WDW was in October and we loved it!!

Any suggestions for a hotel to stay at near the main gate for the night before we check in to the Pop Century? I want to be as close as possible without actually being on property. I'm going to try and convince the DH to let me make a ressie for dinner the night before we check in. We can tell the boys that since we can't go to WDW we will eat some where on property. I think I'm going to check out 'Ohana. That is the one place we couldn't fit into our ADR schedule for this trip.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista in Jan and it was $68 with Priceline, but I know Mousesavers has an ongoing special with them all the time. It is very close to DTD.

Also the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista (used to be Safari)which is a block in the opposite direction of the Holiday Inn is off property and they just completely redid it and they are having a Grand Reopening special and I think rooms were $135/night and it has a nice new pool play area.

I didn't see any others closer or that I would stay in.

mtschopp :welcome::welcome::welcome: hope you have a great vacation. I added you to the current list on post 482 page 33. Lots of June Diser's.

letthewookiewin Mousesavers had some great discounts on rooms the other day. Seems like the Swan (could be wrong on the name) was $89 and it is right next to the WDW entrance. I would check out Mousesavers for a room though or the sight with the restaurant menus and cost, but can't think of the name of it either.

The Swan is right in the middle of Disney property, between Boardwalk and the Dolphin, but I would sure love to find it for $89, especially that time of year, I checked and even the military rate is well over $200/night in June

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter