Where Will You Be Staying?: French Quarter
Travel Party: 9
Current Location: Arizona
Favorite Disney Character: Ariel
Favorite Disney Movie: Pollyanna
How Many Trips?: this is our first trip to Disney world
On-Site or Off?: One site
Best Disney Story: Taking my first born to Disneyland for Christmas
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Going on this trip with family
:goodvibes

We are starting our Sticker count down on April 1st. I think I'm more excited than my kids are.

Just paid off our trip with Disney gift cards we got at Target with our Redcard and pharmacy rewards discount! Booking fastpass+ on Tuesday!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::cool1:

80 days! :cool1:

I see Orlando is under a tornado watch. And Disneyland just had a moderate earthquake. Of course with an earthquake everything is fine until it isn't. With hurricanes and tornados bad weather goes with it and it seems like you have to stop and wait. I just hope it's all good for June! I'd hate for our flight to be canceled or something. I've been in earthquakes but never in any weather worse than a heavy rain with some light hail.

80 days! :cool1: I see Orlando is under a tornado watch. And Disneyland just had a moderate earthquake. Of course with an earthquake everything is fine until it isn't. With hurricanes and tornados bad weather goes with it and it seems like you have to stop and wait. I just hope it's all good for June! I'd hate for our flight to be canceled or something. I've been in earthquakes but never in any weather worse than a heavy rain with some light hail.
The Earthquakes were fun at Disneyland. Me and my family relaxed in some seats while a majority of the people left, and when they reopened Fantasy Land we were able to get on several rides quite quickly. They did cancel the Fireworks though :-(

I can't wait to book my fast pass + and I have to finish my ADR. Focusing on the wedding and I forgot that we have to eat too lol

Once the planning is finished the time d...r...a...g..s. At least I have Fast Pass+ picks to obsess over. :-)

The Earthquakes were fun at Disneyland. Me and my family relaxed in some seats while a majority of the people left, and when they reopened Fantasy Land we were able to get on several rides quite quickly. They did cancel the Fireworks though :-(

We've been there during a 5.4 eathquake too. The rides shut down and slowly came back up. Some never did open again that day. It was 2008 because we were buying our first AP when it hit.

I am so surprised that they canceled the fireworks! We felt it last night - it was a pretty long one, but absolutely no problems at our house. Greeting cards didn't even budge. But my friends are all telling me about the aftershocks today and I haven't felt a thing, so who knows.

I heard La Habra just had another 4.1. I was in the large Bay Area (World Series) earthquake in 89 and ever since then, all the smaller ones make me jumpy. That one just seemed to go on forever and I had no idea if would get worse or not. All these little ones down there make me worried it could be leading up to a big one. If I was at DLR right now, I'd be making the best of it, but I'm glad I'm up here right now. :worried:

:welcome: too the new people! There's a bunch! Please, everybody, check post 1 and make sure you're there...unless you don't want to be there...in which case, maybe you shouldn't look... :rotfl:

Name: Malinda

Travel Dates (if known): 6/22-6/26 for our fifteenth anniversary...1st trip with no kids! (Which mostly I am excited about, but also a little sad about too...lol!)

Where Will You Be Staying?: Pop Century...this is a 1st as well. We usually stay at POR

Travel Party: Just DH (Jamie) and me.

Current Location: We live in Oklahoma...currently snowy and freezing. Ready for summer!!

Favorite Disney Character: Ummm...that's really hard?? Buzz maybe? Nope...can't pick. Lol!

Favorite Disney Movie: Toy Story (all of them)

How Many Trips?: This is our fourth trip to DW. We just got back in February from a 8 day trip with the kids and inlaws...which is why I don't feel quite so guilty leaving the kids at home.

On-Site or Off?: On site, but with a resort we have never tried.

Best Disney Story: I have lots, but I think my favorite happened during our first trip. My daughter had lost her autograph book during the third day of our trip. The only autograph she really cared about was Stitch's. We searched and searched on our remaining park days, but kept missing him. On our last day, we headed to SM to get fastpasses and there was STITCH just walking by. He grabbed my daughter by her hand and took us all off to the arcade, where they opened up all the games and my kids all got to play with Stitch. When I told his handler about the lost autograph book and the fact that Stitch was the ONLY character that my daughter wanted to have (and that this experience had just MADE our whole trip) the handler called over the CM working the arcade and they both began to scheme. She asked me if she could have my cell number for later in the day. I gave it to her, not sure what they were planning. After my kids had had their fill of games and hugs with Stitch, we headed on our way. A few hours later, I got a call from Stitch's handler, who asked me to meet her by Buzz Lightyear. We headed that way and out came Stitch from backstage, carrying a new autograph book for my daughter. It was filled with signatures from EVERY character you could think of. He looked through the book with her as other guests looked on. He took a ton of time with all of us (again) and just made our day. I can't tell you how surprise and excited we were. It was a most amazing and special experience that I can't imagine happening anywhere else. And that sold us on every Disney trip from then on. That level of caring by CMs who have never met us just made us feel so wonderful. I filled out special cards for all the CMs involved and I hope they got proper kudos. They surely gave us an experience that we will never forget.

What do you look forward to most on your next trip? This trip will be totally different without the kids. And we are trying completely new experiences. We are eating at our first signature restaurant (Citrocos). And since we were just there in Jan/Feb and rode everything numerous times, we are using this trip for some park tours we have always wanted to take. We are doing the Behind the Seeds Tour and the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour. We are also planning to see Fantasmic for the first time. We always ending up leaving DHS early because my kids are worn out by the end of the day and fighting that crowd never seems appealing. With just the two of us, we can experience stuff we never wanted to battle before. Lol. I'm also looking forward to my first ride on TOT. I never wanted to ride it alone, so rider swap didn't work for that one. Lol!

Looking forward to "meeting" all of you!
Great story! I loved the Behind the Seeds tour, too! :)

Joining in! I will be down there June 5th-June 10th for a pre college program check in trip with my uncle, staying at Pop Century! My program starts the 9th so my uncle will leave the 10th.
Congrats on the CP!

Ok.. I know I've intro'd myself a few months ago, but I've not been on here in a long while and so I figured I'd update!

Name: Cierese
Travel Dates (if known): Jun14-21
Where Will You Be Staying?:14-16 AKL & 16-21 ASMo
Travel Party: 2 - Me and DS5 only
Current Location: Tennessee
Favorite Disney Character: Minnie
Favorite Disney Movie: Aladdin
How Many Trips?: 8, I think.
On-Site or Off?: On
Best Disney Story:
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Going WITHOUT my extended family! Can't wait!!
Sounds like it could be a fun trip!

Name: Anne-Julie
Travel Dates (if known): 6/7 - 6/14
Where Will You Be Staying?: POFQ
Travel Party: 2
Current Location: Montreal, Canada
How Many Trips?: 6 :)
Welcome to the group!

June 7-14
Subbing!
Welcome to the group!

I am loving all of the resources I have found here so far and I have posted a few times so I thought I would add my introduction here. :)
Name: Kayla
Travel Dates (if known): June 14-21
Where Will You Be Staying?: Off site- Encantada
Travel Party: 5- Myself, DH, DD(6), My mom and stepdad
Current Location: Northern Kentucky
Favorite Disney Character: Cinderella
Favorite Disney Movie: Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast... the list goes on! :)
How Many Trips?: This will be my 3rd trip, but it will be my first trip with my husband and daughter. I was a kid the last time I was there.
On-Site or Off?: Off- Encantada
Best Disney Story:
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Seeing my daughters reaction to all the Disney magic!

Got a tip, trick, or question (trivia or otherwise)? Be sure to post it!
There really are too many good movies to JUST pick one, aren't there...?

Name: Brian
Travel Dates (if known): June 15-30
Where Will You Be Staying?: an offsite timeshare and The Art of Animation
Travel Party: 6 people: me, wife, two toddlers (son and daughter), teenage daughter, and mother (I am new; I don't understand the abbreviations yet. I wonder why everyone talks about their Nintendo DS's with such affection... Just kidding! However, when I first read someone talking about taking her DD somewhere on the DIS boards, my first thought was isn't this a family friendly board...) :-)
Current Location: Southern California
How Many Trips?: First one!!! I have been to Disneyland more times then I would like to admit (I have a premium pass that I just upgraded to premier), but I have never gone to Disney World.
On-Site or Off?: both :-) 7 off-site, 8 on-site
Best Disney Story: We were at an early character breakfast at the PCH grill in Disneyland and my daughter said her first complete sentence... "Go away Stitch, not now!" We are night owls; she was a little grumpy. :-)

What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Finally being at Disney World!!! I have always wanted to go. I can't believe I have such a great family to go with.

Check out this thread for help on all these abbreviations!

We just moved our trip from August to May/June! We will be staying May 30- June 8, POR & YC!
:thumbsup2

Name: Missy
Travel Dates (if known): June 1-7
Travel Party: Me, DD, and a younger cousin
Current Location: Maryland
Favorite Disney Character: Donald Duck
Favorite Disney Movie: Frozen
How Many Trips?: This is my second
On-Site or Off?: Onsite
Best Disney Story: n/a
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Ohana's and Magic Kingdom

Name: Shea
Travel Dates (if known): June 15-22
Where Will You Be Staying?: Offsite
Travel Party: Me, DH, DD(7), DS(7) and niece 14
Current Location: Texas
Favorite Disney Character: Mickey Mouse
Favorite Disney Movie: Lion King
How Many Trips?: 2nd trip (1st one was when I was 12YO)
On-Site or Off?: Offsite
BesWhat do you look forward to most on your next trip? Disney magic and watching my kiddos and niece experience it for the first time. I can't wait!!
This waiting for the trip thing isn't working out so well over here...how about you?

((Bear with me here people, my first post! ))

Name: Hope

Travel Dates (if known): June 26th-July 2nd

Where Will You Be Staying?: All-Star Music, i'm pretty sure!

Travel Party: Technically just myself and one of my best friends, but it's with my school's marching band group. We're tagging along, haha!

Current Location: Massachusetts

Favorite Disney Character: Goofy

Favorite Disney Movie: Does Monsters Inc./Monsters University count?

How Many Trips?: 5

On-Site or Off?: On-site

Best Disney Story: Well I remember in 2008 I went with my parents and my brother, and we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. We pulled up our rental car for check-in and I remember as soon as my mother and I got out of the car, the bellhop came over to us and said, "Welcome home princess!" Really made my day

What do you look forward to most on your next trip?: Spending time with my friend, doing other things in parks that I don't usually do now that i'm an adult.
I think Pixar movies count. :) There is nothing better than the warm fuzzies you get when they tell you "Welcome Home". In some ways...best part of the trip.

I didn't answer these earlier so I thought I would now. :) 93 days!!!

Name: Wendy
Travel Dates: June 16-22
Where Will You Be Staying?: was going to be POFQ, but I'll be changing on Monday for a discount!
Travel Party: DH, DS 13, and DD 9
Current Location: North Texas
Favorite Disney Character: Pluto, Maximus, Wendy
Favorite Disney Movie: Peter Pan
How Many Trips?: A lot!
On-Site or Off?: Always on
What do you look forward to most on your next trip?: Getting to spend all the undivided time with my family in my happy place!

We're Going to Disney World!!

:banana:

The Wiles Family
Will be local from 6/10- 6/16
Seeping at AoA (and that’s all we will have time to do!!)
Coming from PA where it's been winter forever!!!
This will be our third family trip and Second in as many years (Hooked!)

This will be our second trip with DS(7) and after watching him laugh, and play last year... well I think we will be coming back quite often! It truly is the happiest place on earth!!
It's really hard to NOT be hooked. Even my brother, who went with us two years ago and didn't seem to have all that great of a time, is hooked. Go figure...

I'm here!

I have already planned the heck out of this trip (down to a probably-way-too-detailed spreadsheet), but the only thing "set in stone" are our offsite hotel reservations and WDW ADRs. I know what flight we'll be taking, just watching the prices. Also still need to purchase all the appropriate tickets, which needs to wait until our taxes come back! Needless to say, all this waiting to finalize details is horrible!!

Anyway, so glad I was directed here, I'm excited to "meet" everyone, and look forward to hearing everyone's plans!

Sometimes, I'm glad there are planners. ;) My school nurse is going, and she said that she doesn't plan like we do...but I pointed out that's why we got a BOG dinner ADR and she didn't. I may be able to turn her into a casual planner, yet!

This just might be the best week EVER...I won a really huge award at work (Monday) that includes a pretty sizable bonus so hubby and I decided to use some of it for a Bonus Trip to Disney. Then Tuesday, I got a PIN that lets us get the Beach Club for the week we wanted in June. The kids are going to be so excited when we tell them-- heck, I am excited. :goodvibes

Trip is planned 6/16 -6/22! Yippee!
Congrats on your award!

Feel free to add or delete any information you'd like.

Name: Fry Family
Travel Dates: June 7-15
Where Will You Be Staying?:POP
Travel Party:4, Myself, wife, daughters ages 12 and 14
Current Location: Dubuque IA
Favorite Disney Character:Mickey Mouse
Favorite Disney Movie:All
How Many Trips?: 10 overall 3 with kids
On-Site or Off?: On
Best Disney Story: Getting sick on Magic Kingdom to POP in 2011 at closing of the park.
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? New Fantasyland

Just looking to get the latest information since our last time in 2011.

Plenty has changed since 2011! Should be a blast!

Hi All.. This is my first official full trip to Disney world and i'm super excited!! any tips or advice is definitely appreciated!

Name: Onlyilo
Travel Dates (if known): 6/5 - 6/11
Travel Party: My future Hubby and I
Current Location: CT
Favorite Disney Character: .. SO MANYY!!!
Favorite Disney Movie: Again.. so many. my recent obsession is frozen
How Many Trips?: First official trip. Went once when i was about 8 and for one day in 2012
On-Site or Off?: onsite
Best Disney Story: My boyfriend and I had a spare day in Orlando and just spent the day wandering around magic kingdom, can't wait to spend an entire week there!
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? We're getting married at GF :love2:
Are you going to line up to meet Anna and Elsa? Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Joining in!!!!
Name: Wendy
Travel Dates (if known): June 18-21
Where Will You Be Staying?: Coronado Springs
Travel Party: Me, DH, DD -20, DS -17
Current Location: Pennsylvania
Favorite Disney Character: Minnie Mouse
Favorite Disney Movie: Tangled
How Many Trips?: 20 - this will be 21
On-Site or Off?: On!
Best Disney Story: We were chosen to be the Grand Marshalls in the Stars and Motorcars Parade at Hollywood Studios during the Year of a Million Dreams.
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Just being there - and then we are off on a Disney Cruise, Western Caribbean on the Fantasy!
One day, we're going to do a Disney cruise....that's the dream, anyway... :cloud9:

We will be at the Wilderness Lodge June 24 - July 1. It' s been a few years for me, so I am playing catch- up trying to figure out FP+ MDE, etc. Thanks to all for posting great info that benefits everyone planning trips to Disney.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Definitely a great group to answer questions, as is the Facebook group(s) that a lot of us are in, too. (Check post 1...I think I put links to both groups there...)

We have never been to wdw in June before. is it going to be terribly crowded? I will most likely have a touring plan and get all of our fast passes ahead of time. we will be there the 12th-19th. ON the crowd calendar Father's Day looks lower for some reason. so that might be a good day to get a lot done:)
The closer it gets to July 4th, the worse it gets. Worst times are Spring Break, Easter, July 4, Christmas/New Years. You'd think summer would be peak season, but it's actually not. That doesn't mean the parks will be empty, though.

Name: Tinatoo
Travel Dates (if known): June 22-26th
Where Will You Be Staying?: Old Key West
Travel Party: Me, my fiance, DD7, DS5
Current Location: Virginia
Favorite Disney Character: ummmm you mean I have to choose?
Favorite Disney Movie: See above
How Many Trips?: a handful but the second with kids and first with fiance!
On-Site or Off?: first onsite trip!

Best Disney Story: Was at EPCOT in 2009 and was on the very end of Test Track as a single rider while my ex waited with the kids, and it started pouring...got off the ride went outside, moved strollers from in the rain to under the covering that (used to?) be there...my ex takes off running pushing our stroller with DD in it who at the time was just shy of 3, leaving me to make my way to the car with my 1 year old in my arms....standing in the parking lot hunting for the car, trying to keep the baby from getting too cold a Cast Member walks up hands me her umbrella and gets into the car I had been standing near... so thankful...eventually found the car and man was I NOT happy with my ex...

What do you look forward to most on your next trip? My kids being tall enough to ride all the coasters! DD is 50inches and DS is 47 inches in bare feet!
Did you at least swat at him with the umbrella?:stir:

Name: Julie (juliebug1997)
Travel Dates (if known): June 9-15th
Travel Party: Me, my maid of honor and her sister
Current Location: Dallas, TX
Favorite Disney Character: Chip and Dale, Anna and Elsa, Rapunzel and Eugene.
Favorite Disney Movie: Tangled and Frozen
How Many Trips?: This will be my 12th trip but just the 2nd for my friends.
Best Disney Story: On our first trip together in 2010, I complained that we hadn't seen Daisy Duck all week. Well, on one of the EMH mornings, we got to MK and started to head out to Fantasyland. DH was right behind me, but I caught sight of Daisy and started running. DH said, "I had never seen you run before--you're fast!" I didn't knock anyone over, I swear!
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Sharing my Disney knowledge with my friend, but hoping I don't scare them!

Name: Heather
Travel Dates (if known): June 18-24
Where Will You Be Staying?: French Quarter
Travel Party: 9
Current Location: Arizona
Favorite Disney Character: Ariel
Favorite Disney Movie: Pollyanna
How Many Trips?: this is our first trip to Disney world
On-Site or Off?: One site
Best Disney Story: Taking my first born to Disneyland for Christmas
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Going on this trip with family
:goodvibes

Sorry I'm short with my replies for some of you...it's getting late, and my creativity is lacking... But, again, welcome everyone!

Gee, that last one was huge. So sorry...I need to update more often. I try to, but I have an excuse (or 12), I promise!

Since the beginning of the month, my computer crashed. I went on Spring Break, but stayed super busy the entire week, including a Girl Scout day trip to the state capitol to sit in on a legislative session, having the guy Dell hired come replace the hard drive in the computer (Yay for awesome warranties!!!), and a dance competition in Montgomery to close out that week. It was the END of the next week before I could get my computer back completely functional (was too busy to get on the phone to get all the software loaded back up on it.) Last weekend saw us at Medieval Times in Atlanta on Saturday for Scout Appreciation Day (super awesome!). This week was DD's Spring Break, so, although SHE was out of school, I still had to get up and go to work every morning. No dance, but we've got the accreditation people coming this week, plus report cards went out last week, and we're trying to remodel my grandmother's house before we move in eventually, so went Monday to the house (there until after 8), stayed Tuesday to get grades done (at school until 6:30, home at 7), Wednesday took DD and her friend's (almost) entire family to the library (seriously...Mom and kids have NEVER been to the local library?? -- home after 8 and had to make a pie for the next day), Thursday was report card day (students go home at 12:30; teachers stay until 7...not home until after &:30), Friday...didn't I do something Friday after school? Today, we had to find a new pair of glasses for DD (third pair in two years for stronger prescriptions...) Tomorrow, I need to go work on classroom, lesson plans, etc., and go start painting rooms in the other house, and DD is back to school and regular dance schedule Monday...baseball game in Montgomery Saturday, Scout day in Troy the next Saturday...Easter the next weekend, and dance competition the NEXT weekend...:faint:

So...yeah...I have a reason or two as to why I get behind... :laughing: (And can't believe anyone is still reading this....)

What is everyone else doing to keep busy while waiting for the days to pass? I've got to get some of this done, too:

:laundy:

Must be computer crashing season. My 3 year old laptop just died. Most likely the mother board. So, I ordered a new one on the 13th and it finally is supposed to arrive on the 31st! In the meantime I'm on our very old and slow desktop. I can't even go to MDE on it because it says my browser is out of date. Good thing I don't have to make any reservations for anything right now!

Experienced June WDW guests: Are tornado warnings common in June? I'm assuming, given the heat and humidity, and the frequent rain bursts, that thunder storms are common.

Must be computer crashing season. My 3 year old laptop just died. Most likely the mother board. So, I ordered a new one on the 13th and it finally is supposed to arrive on the 31st! In the meantime I'm on our very old and slow desktop. I can't even go to MDE on it because it says my browser is out of date. Good thing I don't have to make any reservations for anything right now!

Mine will be 3 in November, which is when the warranty runs out. Always seems like a major emergency before the warranty is gone. The last Dell I bought, I dropped a glass of cranberry juice on it about 2 months before the end of the warranty. They replaced the almost the whole thing and sent someone to the house to work on it when I wasn't completely satisfied. I'm definitely a Dell customer -- or at least one who is going to spend the extra $ to get directly from the manufacturer and not just buy from a store.

Experienced June WDW guests: Are tornado warnings common in June? I'm assuming, given the heat and humidity, and the frequent rain bursts, that thunder storms are common.

We've been many times in June, but no tornado warnings. Plenty of rain, though. Usually, the rain is relatively short and just runs people out of the parks. Most rides won't close unless there are thunderstorms, and not too many of those.

63 days! I am going to crash save money lol. No spending for the next 2 months!!! I am so excited even though this is the shortest stay we have done. 4 nights 5 days at POP!!!!

So today, my window opened for making FP+ selections. :banana: Although the process is cumbersome (lots of clicking "Next"), its been fairly painless, with lots of options. I just didn't think it would be this hard to decide which things to Fastpass. :confused: And since we have park hoppers, I have planned on one park in the morning and another one in the evening if we want. So I keep thinking "Use your FP+" for the evening park. But it's really hard to stick to that decision. I keep second guessing myself. :scratchin At least there are only 2 of us, so I don't have to split us up.

Decisions, decisions.

So, on a separate note, I booked our 2015 cruises. This will be the first time we do a B2B - 14 days on the Fantasy for my birthday. Can't wait. :cool1:

Oh, and I will be back in WDW in October for a girls weekend during Food and Wine Festival. :yay:

I'm a very happy girl - 3 trips to plan. :woohoo:

So I keep thinking "Use your FP+" for the evening park. But it's really hard to stick to that decision. I keep second guessing myself. :scratchin At least there are only 2 of us, so I don't have to split us up. Decisions, decisions.

We are less than a month away from booking our FP+ attractions for our trip in June. I've been researching and contemplating how best to use my 3 options each day for my wife and I. We will have a park hopper each day. We will get to our morning parks at opening each day. We are not commandos and do not need to "do" everything. My plan is to focus on evening FP+ at our second park when parks are more crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter