• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Does anyone else get overwhelmed with the planning? I had setup my fastpasses and then did the touring plans today and feel very overwhelmed. I want to make sure we get to do things that the girls will love and still have time to swim and not just run. We are staying at CBR and I would love to do some of the night things that they have. I think it is fire pit story telling thing if I remember correctly. Although I could be wrong because it is all blending together now. HA!

Does anyone else get overwhelmed with the planning? I had setup my fastpasses and then did the touring plans today and feel very overwhelmed. I want to make sure we get to do things that the girls will love and still have time to swim and not just run. We are staying at CBR and I would love to do some of the night things that they have. I think it is fire pit story telling thing if I remember correctly. Although I could be wrong because it is all blending together now. HA!

I totally understand being overwhelmed by the planning. We are staying at AKL and I also want to make sure we take some time to enjoy the resort. I have scheduled some long afternoon breaks for swimming. We'll also spend our first night and the night of our AK park day (since it closes early) participating in some of the resorts nighttime activities. I've just told myself that with this being our first trip we won't see everything and that will give us an excuse to go back.

I went through the same thing myself. We actually looked at a few of our days and left the mid afternoon with no FP+ so that we can choose to go back to the resort to swim if we want. With our luck, it will rain at those times.

How many of us are teachers here???
My Middle Schoolers are going completely crazy... Well, crazier than normal...

ok for those of you using touringplans.com. Did you pay for it? Have you used it in the past? Is it worth it? I am SUPER cheap so only want to pay if have to and if it really is worth it. What are your thoughts?:confused3

I teach 6th grade. So far they seem to be holding it together. 22 days left.

I do like the touring plans website. I find it helpful, but I don't follow it to the letter. We've been enough times to figure out how to tour. The FP+ is throwing a wrench in our normal plans. However, we are keeping an open mind.

Getting excited now that we can say, "We are going next month.":banana:

ok for those of you using touringplans.com. Did you pay for it? Have you used it in the past? Is it worth it? I am SUPER cheap so only want to pay if have to and if it really is worth it. What are your thoughts?:confused3
I just got it for our upcoming trip since we've never been. I'm having fun playing around with the customized plans. As for how they work, I couldn't say yet.

I've paid for the service in the past but for Disneyland. It wasn't worth it to me so I didn't use it for this WDW trip. It may be better for WDW.

I'm using the daily park recommendations from Josh at easywdw.com which is free. He also has some great touring plans which he calls "cheat sheets" that have been helpful.

Our basic plan is to hit rope drop, take afternoon breaks, and then head back to use our FP+ and for evening entertainment.

I wouldn't use it for DLR. Just in 2009 their guide book for DLR was FILLED with errors. All they did was put in the exact descriptions word for word from their WDW guide book and stick a Disneyland cover on it. Their more recent guide now look like someone actually bothered to go to Disneyland. Based on that though, I would never use their tour plans for DLR. I don't think they have enough experience with those parks. It seems like they are more knowledgeable about WDW. Although with FP+ messing with the traditional wait times, we'll see.

I have used it in the past, but this will be the first using the actual touringplans. I'm trying it because we have limited time and they claim to save you hours in line. I like the lines app which gives you up to the minute wait times that I've heard are actually more accurate than MDE.

You don't have to pay full price for it either. If you have the UG there's a discount for that. Or go listen to WDW Today. They usually have a discount code at the beginning of the show.
I even found a discount on the touring plan website!

Totally overwhelmed! Knowing your park, your meal, and your rides so far in advance is ridiculous! DLR takes some planning if you've never been but not nearly this much. I feel like I'm cramming for finals when I read the boards. :rotfl2:

We have 10 park hoppers and I left one day at the end completely open from ADRs and FPs. I'm calling it "Wing It Day".:rotfl: I think it might involve Epcot and wandering around the countries, but not sure. I want to wait and see what we want to go back and check out.

I need help choosing Memory Maker or Not... We have a camera we plan to take. I really want it, but DH doesn't think it's necessary. :confused3:confused3:confused3

I need help choosing Memory Maker or Not... We have a camera we plan to take anyway. I really want it, but DH doesn't think it's necessary. :confused3:confused3:confused3
We were going to buy it, but it was given to us free with our AP discount...
The photos the Disneyland people take are great! I am assuming the ones at Disney World are equally good. Also realize that a picture taken with an expensive camera (like the ones Disney cast members use,) will turn out better then most people's personal camera. I believe you also get copies of ride photos which tend to be quite expensive when purchased separately.

We have only purchased Photopass once- and all the other times at most I bought one family picture off of it so I am not getting Memory Maker.

I did a Disney Amazon order last night! Two Frogg Toggs and a Bobble water bottle. DD12 is skeptical about wearing a Frogg Togg- it would look weird. We'll see if she changes her mind!

Considered getting a battery backup for DH's iPhone, but decided we would put the MDE app on DD15's iPod too, so we can distribute the battery usage between the two devices. Maybe then the phone will last all day.

I had my FP+ in the late afternoon so we could swim early afternoon. Now with the availability of extra FP, I have moved most to noon/early afternoon, so then we can have the chance of getting more FP. If we want a break/swim, we can do it mid-afternoon instead of early. Hoping it all works out well.

I need help choosing Memory Maker or Not... We have a camera we plan to take. I really want it, but DH doesn't think it's necessary. :confused3:confused3:confused3

Since this is our first trip, I think we will do it. We did photopass + at DLR a few summers ago for about $70 preorder. That was the year we jumped in line for just about every character we saw. However from what I hear, the lines for them sound much longer at WDW. We don't plan to go out of our way to see characters but hopefully we'll find plenty of park photographers and of course, get the ride photos. And there are only two of us so nice to have someone else take the pictures so we can both be in it.

PinkBudgie said:
Since this is our first trip, I think we will do it. We did photopass + at DLR a few summers ago for about $70 preorder. That was the year we jumped in line for just about every character we saw. However from what I hear, the lines for them sound much longer at WDW. We don't plan to go out of our way to see characters but hopefully we'll find plenty of park photographers and of course, get the ride photos. And there are only two of us so nice to have someone else take the pictures so we can both be in it.

I think you have a good plan there esp with just the 2 of you.

Don't plan on it for ourselves. Not all photographers are equal. We saw some do alot of work with folks and others just meh. In 2010 we were highly disappointed with the pictures--crooked, blurred, and my favorite-the cutting off of our heads.

We had groups who asked to swap cameras for pictures. One lady was just sitting on a bench and would ask if you wanted her to take your picture. It came out great!

Getting a new point and shoot. And the kids have their phones. Little guy has an avengers digital ($9 @ walmart).

It's a matter of whether we decide we want ride shots.

Need some help here, fabulous people. I'm officially 30 days out. I still cannot book FP+ for MSEP or Wishes for our arrival night. (June 6th.) I picked two FP+ slots just as placeholder, for the same approximate time as the two shows. But when I try to switch them neither MSEP nor Wishes show up. (Mine Train does, though!) What am I doing wrong?

I saw on the Disney Parks Blog that FOTLK is slated to open in June but they don't have a date yet.

Need some help here, fabulous people. I'm officially 30 days out. I still cannot book FP+ for MSEP or Wishes for our arrival night. (June 6th.) I picked two FP+ slots just as placeholder, for the same approximate time as the two shows. But when I try to switch them neither MSEP nor Wishes show up. (Mine Train does, though!) What am I doing wrong?

I saw on the Disney Parks Blog that FOTLK is slated to open in June but they don't have a date yet.

You're not doing anything wrong. FP+ for parades and Wishes don't show up until a week or so prior to the date booked. You'll need to keep checking as you get closer to June 6 and they should appear the last week of May if not sooner.

THANK YOU! Will do! (Wasn't that the name of Kim Possible's Asian sidekick?)

See you real soon!

If you're bringing a camera I wouldn't get it. You can always give them your camera to take photos. I did photo pass once and was not impressed at all of the quality of photos they take (although a friend of mine is a pp photographer and she may disagree with me).

I get it, but that's a personal choice. I'll be honest and say I'm not sure it's worth the price because there is only two of us, and they will take pictures with our own cameras. However, since they have better cameras they always turn about better. I like that with the new Memory Maker we can get the dining pictures too. They took the best picture last time at Park Fare, but I was not going to pay that price.

I also wish I had known about this program (if it was around) for my honeymoon because we have hardly any photos of the two of us together. :(

The other feature I like that is nice is adding the borders to the photos and stuff. I love to play with that.

But, again.... even though I get it.... not sure I can actually say it's worth the price other than the photos do tend to turn out better on their cameras. :)

I'm sure I thoroughly confused you now!

:welcome: disneylove94 & Disneymooners14!

Yes the students are doing this to me as well. Friday ended with a huge stress headache, and I was grumpy today as well!

This vacation can't come soon enough, yet, I don't want it to be over... so time can't go too fast.

How many of us are teachers here???
My Middle Schoolers are going completely crazy... Well, crazier than normal...

I have 9th and 11th the first half of the year, and now I've got 9th and 12th. This group of 9th is small, but they are the under-achievers. They either have IEPs (at least 5), are ELL (1), or are either behavior problems, 16+, or both. (One says he's here because he got kicked out of his old school in Atlanta!) Add to that mix that I had to conference with Seniors today to let some of them know that they are poised to be spending next year with me AGAIN....ugh. Next year, I think we'll start with our Senior Papers first and get them out of the way so it won't make that much of a difference when they decide that they aren't going to do any more work. AND...we get out a week earlier than every other system in the area... C'mon, Disney!

Hey guys! Just finding this thread! SOOO excited for our June trip:)

Name: Taylor
Travel Dates (if known): June 7th-15th
Where Will You Be Staying?: Pop Century
Travel Party: Myself, Mom, Dad, Sister
Current Location: Carriere, MS
Favorite Disney Character: Peter Pan
Favorite Disney Movie: Uhhh, Peter Pan.. Frozen is a close second!;)
How Many Trips?: This will be trip #9 :)
On-Site or Off?: ON! ALWAYS ON-SITE!
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? 7DMT
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:woohoo:

Name: Kay
Travel Dates: June 8-13
Where Will You Be Staying?:POR
Travel Party:2, My future husband and I
Current Location: Texas
Favorite Disney Character:Belle
Favorite Disney Movie:Beauty and the Beast
How Many Trips?: Disneyworld = 1, My fiance's first time!
On-Site or Off?: On
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? All of our Dining Reservations! Can't wait to try all the good food!

This will be my fiancé's and I's Honeymoon! We are trying to find ways to make this Disneymoon both romantic and fun! Any ideas would be appreciated. :)

:cloud9:

:welcome: disneylove94 & Disneymooners14! I have 9th and 11th the first half of the year, and now I've got 9th and 12th. This group of 9th is small, but they are the under-achievers. They either have IEPs (at least 5), are ELL (1), or are either behavior problems, 16+, or both. (One says he's here because he got kicked out of his old school in Atlanta!) Add to that mix that I had to conference with Seniors today to let some of them know that they are poised to be spending next year with me AGAIN....ugh. Next year, I think we'll start with our Senior Papers first and get them out of the way so it won't make that much of a difference when they decide that they aren't going to do any more work. AND...we get out a week earlier than every other system in the area... C'mon, Disney! :woohoo: :cloud9:

Freshman English teacher here, by choice. I'm the head of the department and can choose the grade I teach, and for some reason I gravitate toward the neediest 9th graders. I attend more IEP meetings in a school year than I care to count. I am constantly calling parents, and pulling kids from study hall for extra help (during my prep periods). I'm not complaining, but it's that time of year when we reach our limit. 6 more weeks, two days to finish packing, and then - Disney, here I come. I will make it because, [sigh], I'm going to Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter