• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Is it normal for me to see all of my ADRs and FP+ on my computer, but not have some of them on my IPAD and IPhone app correctly?

Should I try and redo them?

Is it normal for me to see all of my ADRs and FP+ on my computer, but not have some of them on my IPAD and IPhone app correctly? Should I try and redo them?

Personally, I trust the online (via computer) MDE more than the apps. With all the crashes and updates on the system recently, it would seem to me that the online (non app) version is more current. That's my opinion, not fact.

If you're bringing a camera I wouldn't get it. You can always give them your camera to take photos. I did photo pass once and was not impressed at all of the quality of photos they take (although a friend of mine is a pp photographer and she may disagree with me).

This can be the case for some, but not for others. A lot depends on what you do at the parks. Some touring styles lend themselves toward getting more value out of MM than others do.

For example, we do a fair number of character greets and we do a lot of rides and always used to buy ride photos. We always got good value out of the original Photopass before PP+ or MM so we more than broke even as soon as they added ride photos.

For those who don't care much for ride photos or wouldn't have bought them anyway and don't do many character meets, it may not be the best option.

Is it normal for me to see all of my ADRs and FP+ on my computer, but not have some of them on my IPAD and IPhone app correctly?

No don't touch them. As per the PP's comment, the website is more reliable than the app. The problems arise when the two don't match up and you go in to 'fix' something that isn't broken ...... Yeah, I probably don't need to go there. If you are concerned you are better calling IT support and letting them look at it, but what you are seeing is perfectly normal with the app in its current state :rolleyes2

It's funny that we are discussing the pros and cons of Memory Maker. There was a thread started yesterday on the Budget Board. Many pages to get to the same point we reached here in a short amount of time. :thumbsup2

DD16 has some high school annoyance also. She has teachers who are already in vacation mode and the added snow days have sent the teachers into a tizzy. "Mrs. X is upset because she has to teach us a new lesson and not just show movies until the end of the year. Our class has completed more chapters than her class last year so she said we should just not come in to her room. I'm not skipping class. She can send me to the office because I showed up." School lets out June 6.

Next week she takes her AP Human Geography exam. Her instructor is wonderful! He has actually visited these places and has helped write some of the text books. Unfortunately the majority of students and their parents did not read the "AP means taking the AP exam at end of the year." So many have just blown it off. They didn't pay for the exam. I understand that $90 is a lot of money, but if you signed the paper in August, you knew it was due. Most of the students are free/reduced so they automatically receive a discount on the exam. Then our school board stepped in and paid even more. Reduced lunch families paid $15 and then the students with free lunch didn't pay anything.

But back to the story...the AP instructor has to now prepare a final for the students who didn't pay for their exam. He told the kids taking the AP exam they won't have to take the final (AP is that), but be prepared to work past the 13th.. ::yes::::yes::::yes::

DD wants to become a teacher. She loves loves loves science and math so she is looking at becoming a science teacher for secondary along with continuing her vocal as a minor. She said she wants to show kids that music needs math and science. At the same time, she is being called to study Astrochemistry. I don't know. Maybe Opera Singer in Space?

The year is winding down and some teachers are getting sloppy...
I am a Collaborative Special Education teacher, so I go to many different teachers' classrooms throughout the day. I hear little comments slipping out in front of the class that would have been only heard in the staff lounge earlier in the year. Don't worry too much about your child's teachers, they are professionals and will find a way to do their jobs effectively. The comments were probably just a little venting that happened in front of the class accidentally (they are human).

Glad to hear that your child is contemplating being a teacher! We can always use new Science and Math teachers.

Freshman English teacher here, by choice. I'm the head of the department and can choose the grade I teach, and for some reason I gravitate toward the neediest 9th graders. I attend more IEP meetings in a school year than I care to count. I am constantly calling parents, and pulling kids from study hall for extra help (during my prep periods). I'm not complaining, but it's that time of year when we reach our limit. 6 more weeks, two days to finish packing, and then - Disney, here I come. I will make it because, [sigh], I'm going to Disney World!
I tach head start 4 y/os and my kids only have 2 weeks left! Woo hoo!

I would leave them if you can see them online. The app is acting super wonky. A bunch of my ADRs say "2" on the app but when I click to details it shows the proper "5". It says 5 for both areas on the site.

kitayama said:
The year is winding down and some teachers are getting sloppy...
I am a Collaborative Special Education teacher, so I go to many different teachers' classrooms throughout the day. I hear little comments slipping out in front of the class that would have been only heard in the staff lounge earlier in the year. Don't worry too much about your child's teachers, they are professionals and will find a way to do their jobs effectively. The comments were probably just a little venting that happened in front of the class accidentally (they are human).

Glad to hear that your child is contemplating being a teacher! We can always use new Science and Math teachers.

Oh I agree teachers are human. I've taught Sunday School and volunteered in the schools. The abuse teachers receive is massive! I taught my kids that the teacher is always right. If punishment is given, you accept it with grace and respect. There is always a time to schedule an offline meeting to calmly discuss the event after everyone is calm. I may not agree with the teacher, but I wasnt there so I only know part of the story.

We had a conference after a class disciplinary punishment had been given out. The teacher told us that she knew my child wasnt causing the ruckus so he didn't have to write the essay. He was so excited! Until we got home and I asked where the essay was. Oh yes, mean mom made him write his essay because he was class member. Today he is over his mad and often says he remembers that if you dont try to stop the ruckus, you might as well be causing it.

The teacher and I became good friends.

My salute to all of you who help shape our future!

Oh I agree teachers are human. I've taught Sunday School and volunteered in the schools. The abuse teachers receive is massive! I taught my kids that the teacher is always right. If punishment is given, you accept it with grace and respect. There is always a time to schedule an offline meeting to calmly discuss the event after everyone is calm. I may not agree with the teacher, but I wasnt there so I only know part of the story.

We had a conference after a class disciplinary punishment had been given out. The teacher told us that she knew my child wasnt causing the ruckus so he didn't have to write the essay. He was so excited! Until we got home and I asked where the essay was. Oh yes, mean mom made him write his essay because he was class member. Today he is over his mad and often says he remembers that if you dont try to stop the ruckus, you might as well be causing it.

I have so many parent stories I could tell. I find that being an online teacher the "abuse" can reach a different level. Parents can hide behind a computer and spew out all sorts of things. Some days it gets to me... and other days I just laugh and be thankful that I am not that bad of a person.

I too am glad the school year is coming to an end, but I have tons to do before then. I'm one of those people who just keeps plugging away week by week. I won't figure out it is the end of the year until it happens. :)

But, then when it happens, I'll almost be at Disney. Surprises all around!

I have heard all kinds of things this year, from one of my seniors saying it was my fault she plagiarized her senior paper (and, of course, "the whole thing wasn't plagiarized, so I don't deserve a zero) to "I need to go sit in the office to work on my credit recovery class that I'm failing" (nevermind that you are failing English and still won't graduate...but, hey, that's okay...), and that I lecture too much. Whaaa? 9th graders who don't want to think about the future at all and how what they do today may affect them tomorrow... and my seniors have all but quit on me. Sooooooo ready for summer...:beach:

I have heard all kinds of things this year, from one of my seniors saying it was my fault she plagiarized her senior paper (and, of course, "the whole thing wasn't plagiarized, so I don't deserve a zero) to "I need to go sit in the office to work on my credit recovery class that I'm failing" (nevermind that you are failing English and still won't graduate...but, hey, that's okay...), and that I lecture too much. Whaaa? 9th graders who don't want to think about the future at all and how what they do today may affect them tomorrow... and my seniors have all but quit on me. Sooooooo ready for summer...:beach:

I'm right there with ya! Senioritis at my school this year seems to have hit a new kind of high. Only 37 days to go!!!!

I have so many parent stories I could tell. I find that being an online teacher the "abuse" can reach a different level. Parents can hide behind a computer and spew out all sorts of things. Some days it gets to me... and other days I just laugh and be thankful that I am not that bad of a person. I too am glad the school year is coming to an end, but I have tons to do before then. I'm one of those people who just keeps plugging away week by week. I won't figure out it is the end of the year until it happens. :) But, then when it happens, I'll almost be at Disney. Surprises all around!

I can't imagine dealing with parents online. I had one this week tell me she didn't want to take her son to the doctor "just because you think he might have pink eye". Well, I'll just go back to school, get my MD, diagnose it, and prescribe medication. K thanks.

I can't imagine dealing with parents online. I had one this week tell me she didn't want to take her son to the doctor "just because you think he might have pink eye". Well, I'll just go back to school, get my MD, diagnose it, and prescribe medication. K thanks.

Yes, one gentlemen threatened to sue me. Since my supervisor isn't worried, I'm not either. I'm sorry I tried to teach your child. I'm make sure that next time I not do my job. ;)

:rotfl:

So, no school nurse to "diagnose" and tell the parent to come get your child or else? I had one last year who didn't want to go home...and had to have another teacher come physically remove him to the office, to be told he had to go home. He came to get his stuff and stayed, and the office came back looking for him. His case of pink eye was BAD. "Naw, naw...I don't have pink eye...I'm...uh....tired.? I was accused yesterday of being high...you know my eyes are just naturally red...."

:rotfl:

So, no school nurse to "diagnose" and tell the parent to come get your child or else? I had one last year who didn't want to go home...and had to have another teacher come physically remove him to the office, to be told he had to go home. He came to get his stuff and stayed, and the office came back looking for him. His case of pink eye was BAD. "Naw, naw...I don't have pink eye...I'm...uh....tired.? I was accused yesterday of being high...you know my eyes are just naturally red...."

Wow. That is why I'm glad I teach 4 year olds ;) Our nurse was out that day so I pretended to consult her and told mom "she said you need to pick him up". :rolleyes:

In other news, I think I'm finally done messing with my FP+s and my TouringPlans. Let's hope. And I just bought the DFB guide to Disney Dining even though I already have everything booked. If nothing else, it has yumming pictures of Disney food :thumbsup2

I love Disney football, too! But I always feel like I should fast for a day or so after WDW vacation:P We got our Magic Bands yesterday#@#!! Super excited! My DS asked if he could keep his forever or did he need to give it back after our trip He was also amazed to find his name printed inside:-)

I was happy with our ADRs but I was really hoping I could push the Fantasmic Mama Melrose back 30-45min. I have been checking and checking the availability every day. This morning, persistence paid off! We were able to get the party of 7 in at 6pm. :cool1: We have Hollywood & Vine at 8am and then plenty of time to feel hungry. And eating at 6p, the show begins at 9p so we will have room in our bellies for popcorn::

DH drove through Vegas today. It's not on my list of must-sees, but it got me thinking...What will the next vacation be? :scratchin

Name: tiffany
Travel Dates (if known): June 12-20
Where Will You Be Staying?: offsite condo
Travel Party: DH (34), me (33), DS (11), DD (6 months)
Current Location: Seattle
How Many Trips?: With my DH, this will be 3 to WDW and we've gone to DL 6 times (I think!). We've been together 10 years :lovestruc
Best Disney Story: I lived in California before I met my husband, so I've been to DL quite a bit. I loved bringing him the first time and seeing him fall in love with it. Now we can't stay away!! We went to WDW on our honeymoon (before continuing on to the Caribbean), and we celebrated our 1-year anniversary at DL. Then we finally started to bring kids with us, haha!
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? We will be surprising our DS with a scavenger hunt the night before we leave. He has no idea!! He has never been off the west coast, so he will be stoked. He is going to be blown away by the HUGEness of WDW compared to DL. I'm also looking forward to having our baby with us too. It's only fitting that this is our first family vacation with all of us, we can't wait!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Name: tiffany
Travel Dates (if known): June 12-20
Where Will You Be Staying?: offsite condo
Travel Party: DH (34), me (33), DS (11), DD (6 months)
Current Location: Seattle
How Many Trips?: With my DH, this will be 3 to WDW and we've gone to DL 6 times (I think!). We've been together 10 years :lovestruc
Best Disney Story: I lived in California before I met my husband, so I've been to DL quite a bit. I loved bringing him the first time and seeing him fall in love with it. Now we can't stay away!! We went to WDW on our honeymoon (before continuing on to the Caribbean), and we celebrated our 1-year anniversary at DL. Then we finally started to bring kids with us, haha!
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? We will be surprising our DS with a scavenger hunt the night before we leave. He has no idea!! He has never been off the west coast, so he will be stoked. He is going to be blown away by the HUGEness of WDW compared to DL. I'm also looking forward to having our baby with us too. It's only fitting that this is our first family vacation with all of us, we can't wait!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Hello hello! Our dates overlap a bit. Maybe we'll bump into each other. We'll be in Windsor Hills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter