• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

we are leaving straight from my daughter's softball tournament on the 15th, can't wait starting off with our favorite Epcot on the 16th!! For the first time in forever we will have park hopper and the kids have requested that we hop over to Epcot as much as possible,lol :laughing:
They said they wouldn't mind skipping AK altogether this time, but I don't know.. I love the animals and shows there, but can't be selfish, this is for DH and the kids this go around, will be awhile before DH can go with us so if Epcot is what makes them all happy, then Epcot it ;)
Now to get busy and decide where we will be eating!!:surfweb:

we are leaving straight from my daughter's softball tournament on the 15th, can't wait starting off with our favorite Epcot on the 16th!! For the first time in forever we will have park hopper and the kids have requested that we hop over to Epcot as much as possible,lol :laughing: They said they wouldn't mind skipping AK altogether this time, but I don't know.. I love the animals and shows there, but can't be selfish, this is for DH and the kids this go around, will be awhile before DH can go with us so if Epcot is what makes them all happy, then Epcot it ;) Now to get busy and decide where we will be eating!!:surfweb:

I'm also planning on being in Epcot on the 16th! Maybe I will see you there!

In 9 days I will be in the happiest place on earth! We start the drive in about 1 week and 1 hour :) I need to start packing!

Hey Junies! I just read that Uber (the private car service app John mentioned on this weeks DIS Unplugged) is free for users up to $25 and 10 rides until June 20. We're planning on taking advantage of that since we're staying off property our first night and want to go to DTD and don't want to fight for parking. Also a good idea for those times you don't want to wait in the long bus lines...http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80406282/

Dogs are at the kennel playing with their friends, the car is ready for loading, the fridge has been cleaned out, we're about 3/4 finished packing, and I'm at work tying up loose ends! Tomorrow...we hit the road!

Not sure how or if any of us are going to sleep tonight.

Hey, all!

I made it through AETC (that's Alabama Educational Technology Conference, if you're interested). Yesterday was interesting, just because my BFF and I were double booked. She was scheduled to present a 1 hour session from 8:00 to 9:00, we were both scheduled to present my 1.5 hour hands on smackdown session from 8:30 - 10:00. We were also both scheduled for another 1 hour from 9:45 to 10:45. She also had an 11:00 - 12:00 and a 12:15 - 1:15, and was scheduled to work the ALEX booth from 12 - 1. I worked her booth spot while she presented.

We started off the day (after checking out of the hotel) by running to the Subway that's in the Sheraton to grab sandwiches for lunch (as she really wasn't scheduled any time for lunch...), and right around 12:10, someone pulled the fire alarm, causing the civic center to have to be evacuated. As soon as we got outside, we were sent back in -- no fire.

My DD had try outs for the 2015 competition team. She'll get a solo this year, so we put together a list of potential song/dance choices. We had "When She Loved Me" (Toy Story 2) for lyrical and "Almost There" (The Princess and the Frog) for tap, and the consensus is for "Almost There". She starts learning a routine for it on Wednesday. Last year, I bought charms for her and the other two members of her tap trio. All that really spoke to us was a Minnie Mouse with a purse hanging below her. The trio danced to "Chugga Chugga Choo Choo" by Choo Choo Soul and used suitcases, so it turned out to be a really appropriate charm. This year, I'm looking forward to finding a Tiana charm. (Yep...a Disney Dance Charm Bracelet...I think it's appropriate.)

So now, we're down to two weeks! I'm ready to pack...and need to, just to see what we might need, right? :D

All these MBs are amazing! You all did great!

8 more days. Slowest week ever!

I agree completely! We are now 6 days until we start the traveling.

Doing laundry and as I find an outfit that is definitely going..it's getting set aside to pack. Bought DH new clothes and swim gear. DD got new swim suit. I need a new one (I think) but the idea of trying them on...:eek:

Put bottle water in the under seat compartment.

Went over to Dollar Tree and picked up some odds and ends, as well as Father's Day cards. Gotta mail those before we leave! They had really nice American Greeting cards that were originally $4...picked them up for 50 cents each. Ok, so that may seem cheapskate, but I can afford to put a goodie card inside.

Also put the mail on hold. You can do it online and they don't charge your credit card.

Hey, all!

I made it through AETC (that's Alabama Educational Technology Conference, if you're interested). Yesterday was interesting, just because my BFF and I were double booked. She was scheduled to present a 1 hour session from 8:00 to 9:00, we were both scheduled to present my 1.5 hour hands on smackdown session from 8:30 - 10:00. We were also both scheduled for another 1 hour from 9:45 to 10:45. She also had an 11:00 - 12:00 and a 12:15 - 1:15, and was scheduled to work the ALEX booth from 12 - 1. I worked her booth spot while she presented.

We started off the day (after checking out of the hotel) by running to the Subway that's in the Sheraton to grab sandwiches for lunch (as she really wasn't scheduled any time for lunch...), and right around 12:10, someone pulled the fire alarm, causing the civic center to have to be evacuated. As soon as we got outside, we were sent back in -- no fire.

My DD had try outs for the 2015 competition team. She'll get a solo this year, so we put together a list of potential song/dance choices. We had "When She Loved Me" (Toy Story 2) for lyrical and "Almost There" (The Princess and the Frog) for tap, and the consensus is for "Almost There". She starts learning a routine for it on Wednesday. Last year, I bought charms for her and the other two members of her tap trio. All that really spoke to us was a Minnie Mouse with a purse hanging below her. The trio danced to "Chugga Chugga Choo Choo" by Choo Choo Soul and used suitcases, so it turned out to be a really appropriate charm. This year, I'm looking forward to finding a Tiana charm. (Yep...a Disney Dance Charm Bracelet...I think it's appropriate.)

So now, we're down to two weeks! I'm ready to pack...and need to, just to see what we might need, right? :D

Glad you got a bunch of stuff finished and that much closer to WDW!

I agree completely! We are now 6 days until we start the traveling.

Doing laundry and as I find an outfit that is definitely going..it's getting set aside to pack. Bought DH new clothes and swim gear. DD got new swim suit. I need a new one (I think) but the idea of trying them on...:eek:

Put bottle water in the under seat compartment.

Went over to Dollar Tree and picked up some odds and ends, as well as Father's Day cards. Gotta mail those before we leave! They had really nice American Greeting cards that were originally $4...picked them up for 50 cents each. Ok, so that may seem cheapskate, but I can afford to put a goodie card inside.

Also put the mail on hold. You can do it online and they don't charge your credit card.

I agree with you about the cards! It is crazy how much they can cost! I'd much rather spend that money on more present than a card.

We bought our Airport Express tickets. Now we just have to get our boys (who don't ever get up before 10am) to take us to the 5:15 bus to the airport!
I need to start "practice packing" and think about what food we want to bring with us.
Does anyone bring any food in their suitcase for breakfast? Bag of bagels, or packet of oatmeal, or bars? We are used to DLR, where we stay at Candy Cane Inn and breakfast is free, and then we walk to the parks 15 min. before opening. I don't really want to take up the time and money to go eat breakfast at the food court every morning.
Oh, and I got a Fitbit to keep track of how much walking we will do.

Does anyone bring any food in their suitcase for breakfast? Bag of bagels, or packet of oatmeal, or bars? We are used to DLR, where we stay at Candy Cane Inn and breakfast is free, and then we walk to the parks 15 min. before opening. I don't really want to take up the time and money to go eat breakfast at the food court every morning. Oh, and I got a Fitbit to keep track of how much walking we will do.

I really like to take protein bars, Nature valley makes some good ones that don't taste like cardboard. I've also taken Pop Tarts. This time since we're driving and will have a fridge, we're talking about stopping at Publix for yogurt.

Hey everybody!
Just finished packing for our trip for my wife son and I. Our flight leaves tomorrow morning at 8am from LAX! Can't wait so excited!

Does anyone bring any food in their suitcase for breakfast? Bag of bagels, or packet of oatmeal, or bars? We are used to DLR, where we stay at Candy Cane Inn and breakfast is free, and then we walk to the parks 15 min. before opening. I don't really want to take up the time and money to go eat breakfast at the food court every morning.

We brought a glad ware container with bananas, mini jif peanut butter, and granola bar type bars for breakfast I was glad we did. The food court line was long at POR in the morning.

We brought a glad ware container with bananas, mini jif peanut butter, and granola bar type bars for breakfast I was glad we did. The food court line was long at POR in the morning.

I'm really the only breakfast eater in my bunch, so we don't generally go for breakfast. I bring cereal and get milk in the general store.

I have had my fitbit for a couple of months...and I can't wait to see how it does at Disney!

That's it. I MUST decorate our MagicBands. What's the best method on a tight budget? Nail polish & a top coat to help it stick? Sharpies? :confused3

The stomach bug is hopefully on its way out *knock on wood* and so far DSis' schedule seem to be nearly in tune with what she had before the coworkers left. Hopefully that means she'll still have our trip weekend off. On top of that, one of the guys at the new pub across the road from my work asked me out. I'm horrible at dating and my brain froze so I just kind of sputtered "But, b-but I need to focus on Disney right now!" Pretty sure he thinks I'm crazy now :rotfl:

Is anyone going to "Disneybound" while they're there? DSis just put together a decent Eilonwy outfit that will hopefully still be light enough she doesn't pass out in the heat (pink skirt, sheer white peasant blouse under a darker tank top, red belt). She's excited since the books "The Black Cauldron" is based off of are some of her favorites.

The more I read about people being happy that they got the Memory Maker, the more I want to do it, especially now that my 5-year-old has become BFFs with the Chick-fil-a cow and I believe we have a good chance of getting pictures of her with characters this time. I asked DH, but he adamantly vetoed the idea because he said we don't need to spend the money for it. (Boo!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter