***Official June 2018***

We'll be at VGF June 13-16 and BLT June 16-20 celebrating my husband's 40th birthday! First time staying at the Grand Floridian. Hope my boys like it (they'll probably complain it's too girly)! Fastpasses booked and spreadsheet made! The day we switch resorts we plan on taking a day off the parks. My husband and youngest are wanting to try The Void Star Wars thing at Disney Springs. Older son isn't into that, so I'm trying to come up with something the two of us can do while we wait. My son is 13, not into sports or star wars or shopping. Makes things a bit difficult! If only there was a library at Disney Springs he'd be set! :)

We'll be at VGF June 13-16 and BLT June 16-20 celebrating my husband's 40th birthday! First time staying at the Grand Floridian. Hope my boys like it (they'll probably complain it's too girly)! Fastpasses booked and spreadsheet made! The day we switch resorts we plan on taking a day off the parks. My husband and youngest are wanting to try The Void Star Wars thing at Disney Springs. Older son isn't into that, so I'm trying to come up with something the two of us can do while we wait. My son is 13, not into sports or star wars or shopping. Makes things a bit difficult! If only there was a library at Disney Springs he'd be set! :)
We've got tickets for The Void on the 3rd. DS has NO idea. :darth:

Hotel reservations made - CHECK
Dining reservations made - CHECK
adjusted dining reservations made - CHECK
FP+ made - CHECK
adjusted FP+ made - CHECK
MagicBands picked out - CHECK
On-line check-in completed - CHECK
Ordered MagicBand wraps from Etsy - CHECK
purchased Disney t-shirts - CHECK
purchased plain white t-shirts to Tie Dye Mickey head t-shirts - CHECK
purchase Tie Dye kit for t-shirts - THIS WEEKEND
start packing - not until the week of June 4th - can't have the clothes getting too wrinkled!! And I might need a few of them between now and then!
Pre-Order Be Our Guest lunch for June 14th - not yet...popcorn::

so, now I've still got 44 days until we leave for WDW - what else can I do/plan????

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:confused3:confused3:earseek::earseek:

ugh - this waiting period is THE WORST!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::lmao::lmao::jumping3::jumping2::laughing::laughing:

You're in, and who knows maybe your boys will enjoy how fancy it is! Mine continually surprises me with his little posh tastes.

We've got tickets for The Void on the 3rd. DS has NO idea. :darth:

I haven't decided what day to do this yet, I figured it looked pretty available so I can put that off for a while longer. It can be so hard to find a time to fit in Disney Springs when there's so many other things to do!

Hotel reservations made - CHECK
Dining reservations made - CHECK
adjusted dining reservations made - CHECK
FP+ made - CHECK
adjusted FP+ made - CHECK
MagicBands picked out - CHECK
On-line check-in completed - CHECK
Ordered MagicBand wraps from Etsy - CHECK
purchased Disney t-shirts - CHECK
purchased plain white t-shirts to Tie Dye Mickey head t-shirts - CHECK
purchase Tie Dye kit for t-shirts - THIS WEEKEND
start packing - not until the week of June 4th - can't have the clothes getting too wrinkled!! And I might need a few of them between now and then!
Pre-Order Be Our Guest lunch for June 14th - not yet...popcorn::

so, now I've still got 44 days until we leave for WDW - what else can I do/plan????

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:confused3:confused3:earseek::earseek:

ugh - this waiting period is THE WORST!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::lmao::lmao::jumping3::jumping2::laughing::laughing:

Have you done any touring plans yet? That's one thing that while we don't always stick to it, it can be a good way to avoid the "wait what are we doing next??"

Otherwise there's always the next trip ;)

I ALWAYS make touring plans, and then NEVER use them. Not even once! But I love to plan, even if I never stick to it lol.
Have you done any touring plans yet? That's one thing that while we don't always stick to it, it can be a good way to avoid the "wait what are we doing next??"

Otherwise there's always the next trip ;)

You know, I purchased Touring Plans for this trip but I think I'm a little lost on how I use it....:rolleyes1

I went in and added the details about our trip, but when I had it "create a plan" it seemed a little wonky...and do I go ahead and add in the FP+ I've already made??

and I've got the next trip planned....June 2020 - for our youngest DS' high school graduation trip! :banana::banana:

BUT, DH won't talk about that trip yet - I can't even get him to talk about where we want to go for summer 2019!!!

You know, I purchased Touring Plans for this trip but I think I'm a little lost on how I use it....:rolleyes1

I went in and added the details about our trip, but when I had it "create a plan" it seemed a little wonky...and do I go ahead and add in the FP+ I've already made??

and I've got the next trip planned....June 2020 - for our youngest DS' high school graduation trip! :banana::banana:

BUT, DH won't talk about that trip yet - I can't even get him to talk about where we want to go for summer 2019!!!

Yes, when you're picking your attractions you'll need to include the ones you have FP+ for, then when you click proceed, you can add in the FP+ times. Then you'll click "optimize" at the bottom.

We are 39 days out and I am just devouring trip reports and Disney vlogs. I really don't know what else to do. We have our skins, magic bands will ship in a week or so. We'll need to pre-order our BOG breakfast but I'll probably wait til the night before. And mid May they may change some opening hours to 8 and then we all freak out! I need to figure out a design I want for my fingernails and toes.

I'm a teacher so this is basically the start of what I call "silly" season. There will be so much going on that I need to keep up with for my class, as well as my two boys (in preschool and Kinder). But yeh, I am way ready. If I could figure out a way to sneak down for a day or two in between now and then, I so would do it.

AND....with regards to menus - I feel like the Signatures change their menus for the season, and some of the menus still look kinda "winter-like" with butternut squash soup, etc...(well, I'd consider that a winter soup at least) but does anyone know when they'd start swapping to more springish menus??

Cause why can't I plan what I want to eat in 44-50 days??

HA! :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Yes, when you're picking your attractions you'll need to include the ones you have FP+ for, then when you click proceed, you can add in the FP+ times. Then you'll click "optimize" at the bottom.

I stay away from Optimize and stick with Evaluate, but that's always a personal choice. We tend to move from one area to another, rather than cross the park to avoid wait times. I generally keep my settings on minimize walking and reduce our speed down quite a bit too but for some reason that doesn't seem to help the optimize setting much. It does make some bad choices, like Astro Orbiter first thing, lol. By now we don't really need it but every so often it's nice to check things off the list as we go through them.

If I could figure out a way to sneak down for a day or two in between now and then, I so would do it.
c'mon down! I will be there with oldest DD May 18-21 - only planning on Epcot on the 20th though, we may hit a waterpark on 19th if nice out. We have a few days and all entitlements left on some NE tickets. And DD won't have her blue ID yet so I am trying to space out those valuable days left on the NE tickets.

Otherwise-somehow slipped under the 40 day mark for June. Completely forgot about MB's again-need to get final word from kids if they want new ones or not...

And finally made reservations for our VRBO for our beach days. Really looking forward to this. DH was telling friends last night about how excited he was to go back to Universal - he is on Disney burnout mode. I am betting we end up with premier passes to Universal...

I stay away from Optimize and stick with Evaluate, but that's always a personal choice. We tend to move from one area to another, rather than cross the park to avoid wait times. I generally keep my settings on minimize walking and reduce our speed down quite a bit too but for some reason that doesn't seem to help the optimize setting much. It does make some bad choices, like Astro Orbiter first thing, lol. By now we don't really need it but every so often it's nice to check things off the list as we go through them.
I always do Optimize once, then I move things around and stick with Evaluate after that. But I tend to make my before FP selection and then I use my plan to help with my FP selection times.

c'mon down! I will be there with oldest DD May 18-21 - only planning on Epcot on the 20th though, we may hit a waterpark on 19th if nice out. We have a few days and all entitlements left on some NE tickets. And DD won't have her blue ID yet so I am trying to space out those valuable days left on the NE tickets.
I wish! But watch out next year...when we have APs. I'll have us sneaking down there as much as I possibly can! We are only 6hr 45min away by car!

I haven't decided what day to do this yet, I figured it looked pretty available so I can put that off for a while longer. It can be so hard to find a time to fit in Disney Springs when there's so many other things to do!
I've got it booked for the first full day (PPO bikfast at CP, leaving MK early afternoon), and since we're staying at POR the first half of the trip, it's not inconvenient. Otherwise, YES, I'm with you on Disney Springs being a wildcard. The Void was up and running when we were there this past December, but on a quick trip focused on holiday stuff, there was NO WAY we were going to take that much time to get over there.

I've got it booked for the first full day (PPO bikfast at CP, leaving MK early afternoon), and since we're staying at POR the first half of the trip, it's not inconvenient. Otherwise, YES, I'm with you on Disney Springs being a wildcard. The Void was up and running when we were there this past December, but on a quick trip focused on holiday stuff, there was NO WAY we were going to take that much time to get over there.

Yeah being at the Poly makes it even more of a wild card. Perhaps we'll snag an uber or lyft over there and leave from a park or something.

I always do Optimize once, then I move things around and stick with Evaluate after that. But I tend to make my before FP selection and then I use my plan to help with my FP selection times.
That's how I use TP too- although I was much more religious about following guidelines in 2014- our first family trip back after a ten year gap. My kids wondered why anybody stood in line as they never had to lol! Now I use it mainly for the lines feature on wait times
I wish! But watch out next year...when we have APs. I'll have us sneaking down there as much as I possibly can! We are only 6hr 45min away by car!
Oh yeah-it's our first year with APs- so far I've "only" had 3 extra trips...we are much further away but when frontier has $39 flights- well I can shove a bunch of stuff into a backpack:rotfl2:. It's how my oldest and I did our March trip. If I was in driving distance....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter