*** Official June 2020 ***

Wasn't planning to do Disney this year after going annually for the last 3, but just decided to book our first ever summer trip (we usually go in November). June 9-13 at Pop.

DS5 starts elementary school this fall, so a little summer fun is in order. This will be our 4th trip since his 3rd birthday, just the 2 of us. Looking forward to all the new stuff at HS and Epcot. Will probably do 2 days at HS, 1 Epcot and 1 MK.

Not worried about the heat (may finally try out the pool), but not looking forward to rain or possible crowds. This is a trial run for a possible longer trip next summer!

I may finally have a reason to use the pool too.
The rain in the summer isn't too bad, and honestly when it's raining is the best time to walk around because everyone takes cover.

June 5th-12th for us, staying at Riviera. We were originally staying Poly but after an amazing 4 nighter at the Riviera last month we switched. That’s no small change either as we really prefer Monorail resorts! 29 days until FPs. Going for MMRR first!

June 5th-12th for us, staying at Riviera. We were originally staying Poly but after an amazing 4 nighter at the Riviera last month we switched. That’s no small change either as we really prefer Monorail resorts! 29 days until FPs. Going for MMRR first!

My Fastpass day is April 29th. I am debating whether I should take the day or morning off of work for it! Only my fellow Disers understand why I might want to. I am hoping that I can get most of the passes set in place that morning and just tweak the plans and passes the following days as I expect I will be watching for key ones to open up. I have not been to WDW since 2014, six years ago and so there are lots of new rides for us to experience!

I figure we can fill some time before our trips to discuss our plans for fastpass selections. So what is everyone's top fastpasses to try to get?

I will start:

EPCOT - Ratatouille (if it is open and has option for fastpass) (This is my daughter's favorite movie)
Test Track
Soarin (We have not seen this newer version)

Hollywood Studios
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad (New for us)
Slinky Dog Dash (New for us - will be first time to check out Toy Story Land)
And we will be exploring Galaxy's Edge for the first time too.
We will probably try for Rise of the Resistance like everyone else!

Magic Kingdom
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (New for us)
Peter Pan
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Animal Kingdom
Flights of Passage (Another new ride and new area, Pandora, to explore)
Safari

My Fastpass day is April 29th. I am debating whether I should take the day or morning off of work for it! Only my fellow Disers understand why I might want to. I am hoping that I can get most of the passes set in place that morning and just tweak the plans and passes the following days as I expect I will be watching for key ones to open up. I have not been to WDW since 2014, six years ago and so there are lots of new rides for us to experience!

I figure we can fill some time before our trips to discuss our plans for fastpass selections. So what is everyone's top fastpasses to try to get?

I will start:

EPCOT - Ratatouille (if it is open and has option for fastpass) (This is my daughter's favorite movie)
Test Track

Hollywood Studios

Magic Kingdom
Peter Pan

Animal Kingdom
Safari
I'm debating about taking the day off for our fast passes too. Our day is March 31st. We have 8 days worth and it always takes me about an hour and a half to get ours just how we want them or close as it can be.

I will start:

Test Track

Hollywood Studios

Magic Kingdom
Peter Pan

Animal Kingdom
Safari
Ha! My day is the 28th of April.
I'm already looking to see if I can get a sub for my class that day and schedule a doctor's appointment. Two birds, one stone. I'm also West Coast tho, so 4 am is a big difference.

We are also trying for RAT, with a FEA rope drop. We're secretly hoping TT will move to Tier 2 once RAT goes live lol.

At MK we'll likely FP Haunted Mansion, Splash, and Big Thunder. We also plan on doing the Map Game for a Pirates FP, and have PPO breakfast at BOG to ride 7DMT.

We are CA DLand locals, and will have already done Rise (and HAVE already done the rest of SWGE) here, so we're just going to take a tour to spot differences and build a droid in HS. Our priorities are SDD, MMRR, Tower of Terror (OH HOW WE MISS IT!!!) and RNRc. We would also like a ressie at Woody's Roundup if its open (reports suggest its coming along rather fast).

AK. SO said heck no to FOP. We both get pretty bad motion sickness, I can't even ride Soarin'.
So we want: Dinosaur, Everest, and Kali River. We will rope drop Safari first thing.

We are also hoping to see the Creperie in EPCOT!! If it is open. We also secretly hope BG will be gone so we can not fight the crazy crowds

I'm another west coaster and our FP day is April 8. DS 12 and I are traveling with our best friends (and leaving grumpy pants DH home because he hates Disney vacations), and we've decided to have a slumber party with my son and I sleeping over at our friends' house and we'll all get up crazy early and work on FP selection together. I'm a substitute teacher, so I just blacked out that day on my calendar to have a day off. Not sure yet if I will be merciful to my son and give him a "mental health day" off from school, but we'll see how it goes. He's only missed 2 days of school all year and is an A student, so one day off won't hurt him. He might decide he needs to go to school anyway because he hates missing anything.

I haven't been to WDW since 2005, and the rest of the group has never been there, so we're going to focus on the non-DLR attractions, with the exception of all things Star Wars because the other family are all massive SW geeks. We've got a PPO ADR at BOG one day, and we decided that our general plan will be EMH/rope drop in the mornings, then break for the afternoon, then back to a different park for the evening (incl evening EMH some nights). The accountant in our group is having a blast with creating spreadsheets and mapping out high priority rides for each day, so I honestly have not idea which days we're FP what rides, but she does and she'll assign us all our tasks when we get close to April 8th!

WOOT! I was able to book my Feb 2021 trip this past weekend!! I've NEVER EVER EVER been able to have 2 Disney trips on the books at the same time! This is amazing to me!

My FP+ date is 35 days away and I'm still wondering and a little nervous on what HS will look like and if they'll still have GB active!!

I have a friend who is supposed to be going to Disney the first part of April but its specifically to see her niece and her band be in the parade but now they're afraid the school will cancel the trip and therefore her trip is cancelled..

ARGH!

My daughter, two granddaughters, and I will be there May 26 - June 5, staying at All Star Movies!! We are sooo excited!!! We get to make our FP selections March 27!!

We're doing a few new things this trip - I booked the cake class for my daughter and oldest DGD, and DGD is also doing the Pirate Cruise!!! She doesn't know about the cake class, but I know she will LOVE it because she loves to watch the Kids Baking Championship shows!

We're also trying a two new restaurants - Homecomin' and Hoop De Doo!!! (The grandkids have never done Hoop De Doo)

We'll also be going back in December to see the Christmas decorations!!!

We are very spoiled and fortunate to both live close (in GA) and have annual passes so we have a trip March 28-April 2 and an adults only Apr 23-26 before our May 29-June 7 trip. Then an Independence Day trip and probably Fall Break and Thanksgiving (though I have not booked those). I am planning to book for Oct 2021 for the 50th at 499 days out because I am really worried how fast it might sell out on property.

In any case, I am doing MMRR both March and April but we will probably try for June as well. Still waiting for Space 220 to open so I can shift an ADR and really hoping Rat opens for our trip. We do have EMM booked for MK so that helps with FPs that day...but I think we have it worked out for at least 3 half days in all parks with afternoon breaks and a couple rest days built in, which means I am not too worried on getting done what we need to. But I do need to come up with a FP plan at some point. First world problem, but when you have more than one trip on the books, the urgency to plan isn't nearly as bad so I keep finding myself scrambling a bit at the last minute.

Booked For June 13-22nd at Beach Club (CL), and will be purchasing CL FP :D. It will be myself, DW, DD, my great nephew, and my sister (GN's grandma). This is a HS graduation trip for DD and GN :earboy2:.

Last edited:
Looks like I have missed a few posts lately, been so busy with work and school. I am so ready for vacation! I was just talking to my husband about this trip and how different it feels planning than when we take the kids. It will be just us, so not worried about a ton of rides, the only must ride for me is FOP and that's because I didn't feel great the day we did Ak last trip and I skipped it. I want to see shows, enjoy the slow pace rather than race fp to fp and ride to ride!

Any one else do an adult only trip? Best part? and tips?

Any one else do an adult only trip? Best part? and tips?
My husband and I did two adult only trips in 2019 and have one booked for April of this year. I love going with my kids but I might love adults only better! Because we are APs and went 6 times last year and have 7 planned this year, it is nice to take things slow and check out the adult offerings. We hit up the lounges and the festivals, we did California Grill dinner, we did a monorail crawl.... This trip we are doing a 4 park challenge including Villains After Hours, a Skyliner crawl, checking out several Disney Spring Lounges, and spending lots of time at Flower and Garden!

Jumping into June since my March trip starting tomorrow is no longer a thing. :(
I just bumped my reservations, BLT June 13-17th, BWI CL 17-20.
Please, please, please let that #$%@ virus be long gone by June. 🤞
We cancelled our March trip too. Dh is wondering if we should plan on going in June with how things are going right now. I'm trying to convince him just to put a deposit down on a room only. We can always cancel it later.

We cancelled our March trip too. Dh is wondering if we should plan on going in June with how things are going right now. I'm trying to convince him just to put a deposit down on a room only. We can always cancel it later.
Yeah, I'm holding off on flights, just incase, but wanted to grab rooms since I imagine there is going to be a lot of rebooking happening.

So many changes, and now new things to ponder for our June trip:

I'm a little worried that June could end up being a lot more crowded than it already is if a lot of the people rescheduling their spring break trips choose to go right after school gets out instead. Not much we can do about that other than just knowing things could be even more packed than we anticipated.

And then to add to that concern, we're scheduled to fly out the day after school gets out, but there's also a chance that our district will end up closing the schools and they'll extend school into the summer by however long they end up being closed. So if that happens we have to decide if we just go ahead with the trip as planned and pull the kids out for the end of the school year, or if we reschedule the trip entirely. Honestly, they're both honor roll students who have missed very few days of school, so missing the last x-number of days won't hurt them, but I know they would be bummed to miss out on the end of the school year events that usually happen.

Then again, who knows what will be going on by June...so I'm trying to not worry about it. Sigh. This is my first trip back in 15 years, and a first trip ever to WDW for the rest of the group. Really hope we can pull it off.

Hello Juners! We are joining your group from the March 2020 group, after a quick hello and exit in the October 2020 group. Ha! It has been a wild 24-48 hours. We were originally scheduled to leave on March 19th but as we all know that won't be happening. :) We picked a date in October, reserved our stay and then learned from American Airlines later this afternoon that we have to use our new tickets by the end of August. So....June it is! We will be staying at CBR preferred room from June 18-26. I just finished all of our ADRs tonight which freaked me out knowing these had been open for awhile. Thankfully, we got all of our previous dining reservations with the exception of an Ohana dinner and Beaches and Cream. Now, if I can only get all of my amazing FP back when these open up....... :) :) :)

I’m planning a solo trip June 25-30! I’ll be staying at All Star Movies. But who knows? I’ve been known to change my mind on hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter