***Official June 2022 Thread***

Just got back from a week at Disney and Caribbean Beach Resort. Had a great time. Heading back June 1-4th. Have not booked a resort yet. Working on that one now. Just hitting up MK and AK this time around. Didn't got to AK last week so adding it in for this next one. Then jumping on a cruise for a week.

Welcome aboard!

Hello, so happy to be here! I have just recently booked our dream WDW trip for June 2022! Our group of 5 is myself, DH, DS (7yo at time of travel), and my parents. It will be our son’s first time and the rest of us were last at Disney World in the mid-90s! We will be staying at the Poly 6/24-6/28 and AKL Kidani 6/28-7/2.

I currently have reservations for 6/25 and 6/26 at MK because I really want to start our trip there…but am now wondering if it’s unwise to do Sat and Sun at MK?? Is it markedly more crowded than a weekday in the summer?

Hello, so happy to be here! I have just recently booked our dream WDW trip for June 2022! Our group of 5 is myself, DH, DS (7yo at time of travel), and my parents. It will be our son’s first time and the rest of us were last at Disney World in the mid-90s! We will be staying at the Poly 6/24-6/28 and AKL Kidani 6/28-7/2.

I currently have reservations for 6/25 and 6/26 at MK because I really want to start our trip there…but am now wondering if it’s unwise to do Sat and Sun at MK?? Is it markedly more crowded than a weekday in the summer?

Welcome! Wow! It's been a long time for you hasn't. Here I am worrying about how much the park has changed in 2 years! 😆 The summer months have historically always been crowded. (much more so than they were back in the 90's) From my personal experience there were always better days than others, generally revolving around the EMH park days. However now that that has been changed up significantly, I can't really be sure how the park crowds will affected. I guess we will find out!

Welcome! Wow! It's been a long time for you hasn't. Here I am worrying about how much the park has changed in 2 years! 😆 The summer months have historically always been crowded. (much more so than they were back in the 90's) From my personal experience there were always better days than others, generally revolving around the EMH park days. However now that that has been changed up significantly, I can't really be sure how the park crowds will affected. I guess we will find out!

Yes, definitely a long time 😬 I was 9 when I last went and will be turning 38 during our upcoming trip haha! Very much looking forward to it - this will be our first trip out of state since the pandemic started, so we’re going to try to make the best of everything, despite the crowds and heat! Thank you for adding me to the roll call ☺️

My family of 5 will be there June 17-23. We’re booked at CBR. We’re going to celebrate my oldest graduation from high school. All the grandparents live in Florida so we’re going to fly down to meet them and party! Much better party than just watching the kid walk across the stage. (We’re also fitting in a Father’s Day brunch for my DH and both the grandpas, and a birthday breakfast for me) There’s a lot to celebrate that weekend.

Hello everyone,

We are booked at CCV from June 19-29! We are so excited. We are a family of four with two teenaged girls ages 18 and 15. We were planning on November but my college student (freshman) would have needed to miss classes for a couple of days and it wasn’t worth it for her so we moved it to June. I’m a little worried about the hot weather since we’ve never been in the summer months but we’ll survive.

I purchased the genie+ for all park days but now I’m not sure if that was wise. We are used to FP so I guess I wanted to have something each day.

Looking forward to following along with you all!!

My family of 5 will be there June 17-23. We’re booked at CBR. We’re going to celebrate my oldest graduation from high school. All the grandparents live in Florida so we’re going to fly down to meet them and party! Much better party than just watching the kid walk across the stage. (We’re also fitting in a Father’s Day brunch for my DH and both the grandpas, and a birthday breakfast for me) There’s a lot to celebrate that weekend.
Hello everyone,

We are booked at CCV from June 19-29! We are so excited. We are a family of four with two teenaged girls ages 18 and 15. We were planning on November but my college student (freshman) would have needed to miss classes for a couple of days and it wasn’t worth it for her so we moved it to June. I’m a little worried about the hot weather since we’ve never been in the summer months but we’ll survive.

I purchased the genie+ for all park days but now I’m not sure if that was wise. We are used to FP so I guess I wanted to have something each day.

Looking forward to following along with you all!!

Hello and Welcome to both of you! Sorry it took me a couple of days to get you updated. This is a very busy time of year! 🙃 I've got you both added to the roll call, and look forward to hearing about your planning. It looks like we will all be there right around the same time!

No Poly either, and I tried applying it to our AKL Kidani stay online and over the phone, but no luck. Oh well! The Cast Member I spoke to on the phone was very kind and helpful though, so that was nice at least!

I generally don't even bother looking for discounts when we are staying at the Poly. It's almost impossible to get them.

Count us in for June 2022~ June 16-21st at Swan Reserve. This trip has been in the works since 2019. It's focused mostly on our little Nieces and Nephew!! 11 of us, skipping Genie+, concentrating on early entry with the little ones. And hopefully at least one evening extra magic hours. We traveled to WDW with them in 2017 and I planned it all, managed all the FP+ and DDP. Nope, not this time, no dining reservations, mobile ordering QS only, and not even trying to manage Genie+ for them, they barely could deal with my FP plans. So standbys it shall be haha!! I can't wait. :earboy2:

Count us in for June 2022~ June 16-21st at Swan Reserve. This trip has been in the works since 2019. It's focused mostly on our little Nieces and Nephew!! 11 of us, skipping Genie+, concentrating on early entry with the little ones. And hopefully at least one evening extra magic hours. We traveled to WDW with them in 2017 and I planned it all, managed all the FP+ and DDP. Nope, not this time, no dining reservations, mobile ordering QS only, and not even trying to manage Genie+ for them, they barely could deal with my FP plans. So standbys it shall be haha!! I can't wait. :earboy2:

Hello and Welcome! I like your minimalist approach!. Everytime we go we say we want a simple trip without to much planing...and then I over plan EVERYTHING. 😆 I have added you to the roll call.

Last edited:
Hi! Glad to find this thread! We're headed back to AKL from June 17-25. We were last there in July, so hoping to see some more positive changes for this upcoming trip.

We will be at Port Orleans Riverside from June 11th-18th! It will have been 3 years since we have been and it may be our last time going for awhile. I plan to try to make the most of our week and I am so excited! It will be me, dh, 18 yo ds, and 14 yo dd.

Hiii! So happy to see this thread!

After cancelling 2 previous trips I’m keeping my fingers crossed for no further problems 🤞

We shall be stopping in All Star Movies from the 4th to the 15th

We have never been in June but have done the Flower and Garden festival before so I’m excited for that. I’m mostly looking forward to Rise of the resistance, eating a tonne of snacks and buying more Minnie ears to add to my growing collection. :earsgirl:

It got busy in here this morning! Welcome to each of you. I've added you all to the roll-call .🙂

So who's managed to start hammering out some details? We have our park days reserved and are starting to to narrow down our meals and activities. I'm still hoping BBB and Harmony are open again before we get there. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
So who's managed to start hammering out some details?

I’m working on it! I want to make sure I’m ready for any changes, 30 day resies, 60 day resies, 120 day resies, you never know with how much things change. But we have several celebration dinners with multiple different families so I feel like I need to be ready for anything.

We have our park days picked. This will be the first time we have a resort day in the middle of our trip and we are really excited about it! I added Genie + to our package with our TA. I just wanted it to already be booked and not have to worry about adding it every day. I really wish the dining plans would come back. We have always used a dining plan, so I am stressing out some on budgeting food for the week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter