***Official June 2022 Thread***

I am going on a solo trip June 3-8, spending 3 days at the Disney parks and a day at Universal. Staying at POP

Hello! We will be coming down from Cincy June 22nd thru 29th booked at Ft. Wilderness.
Welcome to the Group! I have your dates down.
Super excited for this! We missed ROR at HS on our 2019 trip by a few weeks, and we missed the opening of Toy Story Land by one week on our 2018 trip! Good to know we will be there for this one.

We got our count down email from Disney Destinations today! I don't know why something so minor makes me so happy, but YAY!

Anyone think characters will be up close @buffets, my little guy misses ohana breakfast with stich, but I'll book any of them?

Anyone making dining reservations for week of June 5 seeing weird restaurant hours? Someone mentioned on another thread hours on restaurants week of June 5 (Sunday) were off. On the 5th, I do no see any Epcot restaurants open for dinner- granted I did not check them all but the ones I clicked on only had lunch listed for that day. MK restaurants all appear to be closing at 6pm on the 5 and 6th, which is as far out as I can see. I have been poking around at availability since we arrive on the 18th. Is this theme of less dining hours all week?

Yeah, availability seemed to be a bit off...especially at Epcot. It could be a glitch, but with Cosmic Rewind opening up the week before, it could really just not have anything left at the 60 day mark...could also be hording...I just hope whatever it is resolves itself soon.

Hi everyone! Joining the June board and we are booked at Art of Animation June 6th-14th. I just realized that the USA Special Olympics are being hosted at Disney during our week. I think it's super cool but they are advertising like 125,000 people go over to watch the events at the sports complex. I've never been to disney during a huge event like this, does it make the parks extra crazy?

Anyone making dining reservations for week of June 5 seeing weird restaurant hours? Someone mentioned on another thread hours on restaurants week of June 5 (Sunday) were off. On the 5th, I do no see any Epcot restaurants open for dinner- granted I did not check them all but the ones I clicked on only had lunch listed for that day. MK restaurants all appear to be closing at 6pm on the 5 and 6th, which is as far out as I can see. I have been poking around at availability since we arrive on the 18th. Is this theme of less dining hours all week?

Yeah, availability seemed to be a bit off...especially at Epcot. It could be a glitch, but with Cosmic Rewind opening up the week before, it could really just not have anything left at the 60 day mark...could also be hording...I just hope whatever it is resolves itself soon.

I *believe* (don’t hold me to it) that I read somewhere that Epcot is closing early on the 5th for an event. I’ll see if I can find where I saw it….

So excited to find this thread and join everyone! We will be at BLT 6/10-6/13 then BWV 6-13-6/17 for a birthday celebration! Hoping to get dining reservation at Space 220 and of course, Guardians! We are thinking of trying the bass fishing excursion from Yacht Club, as we did it in 2019 at Contemporary and loved it.

Hi everyone! Joining the June board and we are booked at Art of Animation June 6th-14th. I just realized that the USA Special Olympics are being hosted at Disney during our week. I think it's super cool but they are advertising like 125,000 people go over to watch the events at the sports complex. I've never been to disney during a huge event like this, does it make the parks extra crazy?

So excited to find this thread and join everyone! We will be at BLT 6/10-6/13 then BWV 6-13-6/17 for a birthday celebration! Hoping to get dining reservation at Space 220 and of course, Guardians! We are thinking of trying the bass fishing excursion from Yacht Club, as we did it in 2019 at Contemporary and loved it.

Hi all! We're (finally) doing our Honeymoon at Pop! June 5-11th! It's the first time either of us have been to WDW since we were young kids, so we're really excited! And GotG is opening before our trip!!!

Hello and welcome to all of you. I have added your dates.

I was finally able to book my flights for our trip! We also got a nice surprise yesterday - we had originally planned on taking a 5:30 nonstop flight down but the prices were getting too high for our budget and ultimately we decided that getting in at 8:30 didn't gain us much more than extra sleep time so we ended up booking the later 6:50 flight that had one stop (the price of our flight home had increased by $100+ by the time we were able to book so we had to choose if we wanted to save the money to get in earlier at night on our travel day and get some sleep before the parks or get a later, less convenient flight down so we could afford the later flight home and get a last morning at the parks in.) Last night we were notified that they bumped us both to the 5:30 flight we wanted! So now we get in at a decent time AND get our later flight home!

I was finally able to book my flights for our trip! We also got a nice surprise yesterday - we had originally planned on taking a 5:30 nonstop flight down but the prices were getting too high for our budget and ultimately we decided that getting in at 8:30 didn't gain us much more than extra sleep time so we ended up booking the later 6:50 flight that had one stop (the price of our flight home had increased by $100+ by the time we were able to book so we had to choose if we wanted to save the money to get in earlier at night on our travel day and get some sleep before the parks or get a later, less convenient flight down so we could afford the later flight home and get a last morning at the parks in.) Last night we were notified that they bumped us both to the 5:30 flight we wanted! So now we get in at a decent time AND get our later flight home!
Isn't it great when things unexpectedly work out? Especially with how stressful things have gotten lately.

That's great! We've had the opposite problem - our flights both there and back have been totally changed from one stop to two stops each way, earlier departure time, later arrival time...it's just a mess. We've tried to find a better schedule, but so far nothing is showing up. Since we're coming from CA, it's already a long day of travel each way, but now it's gone from 7 hours total travel time to 9+ hours each day. We're still watching the flights and waiting, hoping that something will shift and we can snag something better, but we have a total of 3 different reservations due to using points, miles, etc. to cover the trip, so it's going to be a major hassle to unravel all of this.

That's great! We've had the opposite problem - our flights both there and back have been totally changed from one stop to two stops each way, earlier departure time, later arrival time...it's just a mess. We've tried to find a better schedule, but so far nothing is showing up. Since we're coming from CA, it's already a long day of travel each way, but now it's gone from 7 hours total travel time to 9+ hours each day. We're still watching the flights and waiting, hoping that something will shift and we can snag something better, but we have a total of 3 different reservations due to using points, miles, etc. to cover the trip, so it's going to be a major hassle to unravel all of this.

Oh no! That sucks - I hope things change in your favor - I know from experience that flight can be brutal!

Less than 60 days out for me. I was able to score Be Our Guest for dinner as well as the fireworks dessert party on my ML day and Oga’s on my HS day. I also booked Ohana for one of my mornings. Can’t wait!
That’s great! We make ours Tuesday and I am STRESSING.

Since we're coming from CA, it's already a long day of travel each way, but now it's gone from 7 hours total travel time to 9+ hours each day.
First of all, I LOVE your username and feel it in my very soul. Secondly, I am SO sorry. That sounds miserable. Our drive is that long + but nothing like connecting flights and security and bag stresses. I hope you can find something better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter