• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official June 2022 Thread***

That’s great! What reservations did you get?

Toledo’s dinner, Whispering Canyon breakfast, Boma breakfast, Steakhouse 71 dinner, Homecomin‘ dinner, Sci-Fi lunch, Oga’s Cantina, Boatwrights dinner, and Storybook Artist Point dinner. Since we are staying at CSR, we also want to try 3 Bridges for dinner - it’s a walk up/waitlist, no res.

Toledo’s dinner, Whispering Canyon breakfast, Boma breakfast, Steakhouse 71 dinner, Homecomin‘ dinner, Sci-Fi lunch, Oga’s Cantina, Boatwrights dinner, and Storybook Artist Point dinner. Since we are staying at CSR, we also want to try 3 Bridges for dinner - it’s a walk up/waitlist, no res.

Wow! That’s a great lineup! Congrats!

First of all, I LOVE your username and feel it in my very soul. Secondly, I am SO sorry. That sounds miserable. Our drive is that long + but nothing like connecting flights and security and bag stresses. I hope you can find something better!

LOL! Some days DH is more Eeyore than Grumpy, but mostly he's Grumpy to the bone! We leave him home on our Disney trips because it is an absolute nightmare for him. Theme parks pretty much encompass everything he hates and even when he tried to be patient on the two Disney trips I've dragged him along for, it was very clear that he was miserable the entire time. We've worked out a deal that I use my small income I get as a nanny to pay for Disney stuff, and that way he doesn't care what it costs! He's a softy at heart though, and for my 50th birthday in January he paid for my friend and I to stay at the Grand Californian at DLR for the weekend since my budget wouldn't cover the cost of that plus WDW in June. But he told me he only wanted to discuss it once, and then I was to never again talk about the time he paid for me to go on a Disney trip! :rotfl:

As for our flights, we're still on the hunt for a better schedule. At least all 5 of us are on the same flights, despite having one paid in miles, two paid with credit card rewards, and two paid with a different card (to get different rewards points). Having 3 separate reservation numbers has never been a problem in the past, but now we're concerned that we might get split up somehow if they keep changing our itinerary. It's one thing if we're all suffering through this together, but getting split up would be miserable.

We just had to make a few adjustments (that honestly ended up making more sense) but we got all of the dining reservations the whole group wanted AND individual ones! We've been checking/booking since Monday. It was definitely a rush trying to get that all together and actually a bit fun for the group. This is our third try to come down so it finally feels real. I do feel a bit "now what?", though! Dining was such a huge deal for us so it's a huge weight lifted. I'm just so happy it all worked out.

We just had to make a few adjustments (that honestly ended up making more sense) but we got all of the dining reservations the whole group wanted AND individual ones! We've been checking/booking since Monday. It was definitely a rush trying to get that all together and actually a bit fun for the group. This is our third try to come down so it finally feels real. I do feel a bit "now what?", though! Dining was such a huge deal for us so it's a huge weight lifted. I'm just so happy it all worked out.
Congrats on snagging everything you wanted! What did you get?

Thanks! This is all sort of mixed I'm a group of 12 and not everyone was going to each but we got Chef Mickey's and Tusker House for breakfast, Boma for dinner, Chef Art Homecoming for Brunch, Ogas for all 12 of us (no idea how), Steakhouse 71, ale and compass breakfast, Sci Fi diner and Rose and Crown but that one wasn't difficult really. We got all of the times we were looking for too! I'm still hoping garden grill may go back to serving breakfast.

Thanks! This is all sort of mixed I'm a group of 12 and not everyone was going to each but we got Chef Mickey's and Tusker House for breakfast, Boma for dinner, Chef Art Homecoming for Brunch, Ogas for all 12 of us (no idea how), Steakhouse 71, ale and compass breakfast, Sci Fi diner and Rose and Crown but that one wasn't difficult really. We got all of the times we were looking for too! I'm still hoping garden grill may go back to serving breakfast.
That’s an impressive haul! Especially considering some of those reservations were for 12!

Doing a quick trip June 16th - 20th over at the Swan. My ADR's can start on Sunday. Anybody have any experience lately with the Swolphin and 60+10? I've heard with the odd Disney IT fun it may not allow it >_<

We booked 12 ADRs for our 8-day stay! We got everything we wanted!!!

We have breakfasts at Hollywood & Vine, Chef Mickey's, Rainforest Cafe & Topolino's Terrace.

Lunches at 50's Prime Time, Sci Fi Dine In & Homecoming.

Dinners at the Plaza, Mama Melrose, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace & Rose and Crown.

Doing a quick trip June 16th - 20th over at the Swan. My ADR's can start on Sunday. Anybody have any experience lately with the Swolphin and 60+10? I've heard with the odd Disney IT fun it may not allow it >_<
Welcome! I have your dates added. Good luck with your reservations. 🙂

We booked 12 ADRs for our 8-day stay! We got everything we wanted!!!

We have breakfasts at Hollywood & Vine, Chef Mickey's, Rainforest Cafe & Topolino's Terrace.

Lunches at 50's Prime Time, Sci Fi Dine In & Homecoming.

Dinners at the Plaza, Mama Melrose, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace & Rose and Crown.
That's great! Gland you got everything you wanted.

We got all the ADRs we wanted at all the times we wanted - but we knew most of them would be easy because we weren't going for anything too difficult, other than Oga's. In our first trip plan for 2020, we had the dining plan and had a bunch of TS booked, but this time around the group generally decided that we only had a few "must-do" TS. Some of the places we previously wanted to try aren't open now, so that also shortened our list. As the only person who has eaten at Coral Reef I got outvoted on that one and we have that as our lunch one day. The others want to eat there for the atmosphere, despite my cautions about there being better food options elsewhere. Skipper Canteen was high on everyone's list, so we picked that up for another lunch, and then we decided to stick with Tusker House for lunch despite the current family-style service. The general plan is to hit rope drop at each of the parks one morning, have a late lunch there, then head back to CBR for pool/rest time during the afternoons. Evenings we'll hop to a different park to have dinner and wander as we wish, with a focus on Epcot.
I think everyone has narrowed down their "must do" attractions now. We put together a spreadsheet with all the attractions at WDW and which ones overlapped at DLR and then had everyone rank them from 1-5 with 1 as "must do" and 5 as "can skip it". The teens are still waffling a little, but we remind them that it's pretty easy for us to head to DLR but way more challenging to get to WDW so we need to stay focused on the things that are different! They love ROR and MFSR, but we can hop down to DLR sometime to do that. Oga's was closed when we were all at DLR together so they insisted on going there and we finally agreed to that as a compromise. I have a feeling we'll still end up on MFSR at least once, and I wouldn't be surprised if we wound up on ROR as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter