***Official June 2022 Thread***

I really should quit looking at dining! Our booking window opened 11 days ago and I was able to get most of what I wanted, but I keep going back and looking at what I should add or subtract.

My goal was to book all new restaurants for us this trip, so that morning I booked:
Toledo dinner on Friday the 10th (we're staying at CSR again but have never eaten here)
Steakhouse 71 dinner on Saturday the 11th (another first time for us)
and Homecomin' brunch on Sunday the 12th (departure day)

The only thing I didn't get from my "wishlist" was 'Ohana dinner on arrival day. This one has been on my bucket list forever. I currently have the TP reservation finder looking for that and also a Morimoto Asia dinner for Thursday.

I ended up grabbing a Jungle Skipper Canteen lunch ressie for arrival day (even though we've been there before). If I can get 'Ohana I'll drop JSC lunch for sure. But I'm also skimming our trip plans and I could still search for something else to add...

Does anyone else do this or am I just addicted to the rush of booking dining? 😂

Edit: almost immediately after posting this, TP found a 4:45 Morimoto Asia reservation! I booked it and will see if I can push it any later...one reservation to go...?

Last edited:
I really should quit looking at dining! Our booking window opened 11 days ago and I was able to get most of what I wanted, but I keep going back and looking at what I should add or subtract.

My goal was to book all new restaurants for us this trip, so that morning I booked:
Toledo dinner on Friday the 10th (we're staying at CSR again but have never eaten here)
Steakhouse 71 dinner on Saturday the 11th (another first time for us)
and Homecomin' brunch on Sunday the 12th (departure day)

The only thing I didn't get from my "wishlist" was 'Ohana dinner on arrival day. This one has been on my bucket list forever. I currently have the TP reservation finder looking for that and also a Morimoto Asia dinner for Thursday.

I ended up grabbing a Jungle Skipper Canteen lunch ressie for arrival day (even though we've been there before). If I can get 'Ohana I'll drop JSC lunch for sure. But I'm also skimming our trip plans and I could still search for something else to add...

Lol I’m doing it now! I just made my reservations this morning.😛. I think it may be a combination of fomo and a love of planning.

So exciting to hear everyone getting their ADRs!! Our booking day is next Monday 😬 Have y’all had better luck booking via the website on desktop, website on mobile, or My Disney Experience app? Hoping to snag all our must-dines 🤞🏼
My laptop and safari on my phone didn’t open up for my whole trip so I used My Disney Experience app and I actually think it was faster. I went to the search at the bottom, typed the name of the restaurant I was looking for and then got the availability and reservations from there.

It

It had okay availability, but I was looking for 7 people. I ended up with 6:45, which I think is a decent dinner time. However, it was later in the trip. Still, looking for 4 will be a lot easier. Good luck getting what you want! The hardest for me was actually Beaches and Cream. Ended up having to completely change plans and days to get that one. Had to accept a not-ideal time for Topolino's as well.
Thank you! We are ok with imperfect times- we're pretty flexible!

My laptop and safari on my phone didn’t open up for my whole trip so I used My Disney Experience app and I actually think it was faster. I went to the search at the bottom, typed the name of the restaurant I was looking for and then got the availability and reservations from there.
Thank you!! This is so helpful to prepare, I wasn’t even aware of the search feature at the bottom of the app!!

Well, I managed to get everything I wanted in spite of the system being very slow and wonky this morning. I had to use the computer and the phone app- and take a couple reservations at earlier times than what I wanted. Still going to try to rearrange some things, but was able to get ‘Ohana breakfast and dinner, Sanaa, Oga’s, Hacienda and Tusker House today to go along with my Boma, Biergarten and Mama Melrose from Monday. Not bad!

Well, I managed to get everything I wanted in spite of the system being very slow and wonky this morning. I had to use the computer and the phone app- and take a couple reservations at earlier times than what I wanted. Still going to try to rearrange some things, but was able to get ‘Ohana breakfast and dinner, Sanaa, Oga’s, Hacienda and Tusker House today to go along with my Boma, Biergarten and Mama Melrose from Monday. Not bad!
Yeah, I got kicked off the site twice yesterday! Glad you got everything you wanted. Super exciting to see this being the case for most everyone.

Fingers crossed that I have the same luck as everyone else next week. Since we're staying off site, i don't know how it's going to go.

Worst case I'll use TP's res finder. It's worked well in the past and I've been able to get what i want. I think the trickiest will be Oga's for 4 or 6, depending on if DD and her bestie want to go there with us.

Hello! We are traveling to WDW June 3-10. June 3-7 at Boardwalk Inn, June 7-9 Galactic Starcruiser, June 9-10 Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have never done a split stay before but hoping this will work out. We booked Tony Hinds transportation from MCO and return thanks to advice on these boards. We have had many trips to Boardwalk Inn in the past but the rest of our trip are new to us. Haven’t been to WDW since 2018. Lucky to have a trip to Disneyland in 2019. Going light on dining reservations and only for lunches but managed to get Teppan Edo on June 6 which was our top priority.

Hello! We are traveling to WDW June 3-10. June 3-7 at Boardwalk Inn, June 7-9 Galactic Starcruiser, June 9-10 Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have never done a split stay before but hoping this will work out. We booked Tony Hinds transportation from MCO and return thanks to advice on these boards. We have had many trips to Boardwalk Inn in the past but the rest of our trip are new to us. Haven’t been to WDW since 2018. Lucky to have a trip to Disneyland in 2019. Going light on dining reservations and only for lunches but managed to get Teppan Edo on June 6 which was our top priority.
We are doing something similar, except before you. Starting at the Poly for 2 nights, then Starcruiser on 5/22, then Boardwalk villas for May 24 - June 3, then going to Universal 3-8. We are also using Tony! This is our first time staying at BWV. Our last trip was 2016 when we stayed at BLT and BCV. Luckily, we went to Disneyland 2017 and Aulani 2018 before we had to cancel or 2020 WDW vacay. I hope we get a chance to ride Cosmic Rewind. I still need to figure out what our outfits are for Starcruiser and it’s already a month away!

Hey everyone! Sorry I didn’t check in yesterday, I was in a funk because we didn’t get the one hard to get Topolinos ADR we wanted. Well, we did got one but not on our rest day. With trying for Guardians- my girls are HUGE Marvel fans- and DH is a huge Star Wars fan, we really didn’t want an ADR on those days and trying to get ILL$ and G+.

I’ve been checking, admittedly obsessively, since yesterday morning and just got it!!!! I am beyond ecstatic. My heart is still racing.

We also got Whispering Canyon, per DH request, for Father’s Day lunch. We went to WL for our honeymoon 25 years ago so he’s very nostalgic for that and WCC. Otherwise we’re sticking to QS meals. Last year the girls and I went in May, no fastpasses, only a Topolinos ADR and loved the flexibility. With the hassle of G+ being new to us we didn’t really want many ADR to work around. I will admit to major FOMO seeing all the good ADR out there yesterday!

Anyway, moral of the story, if you don’t get something at 6 on your ADR day, don’t immediately give up. I’m sure people are like us and get less than ideal times, change their minds, etc. I actually had booked a few other things as backups in case that didn’t go through and just cancelled those.

FWIW, I got the ADR on the app. I used the + and check dining availability and then clicked the little funnel in the bottom right corner and selected Riviera Resort as the only thing it was searching.

All. The. Time. My oldest, who is 22 and a former Cast Member texted me after I got our Topolinos-“ now, stop obsessing and don’t mess with it!” 😂. Guarantee we will add a few between now and then.

We are vacation twins! We will be there the exact same dates. But split staying SSR and Poly.

Hello and Welcome! I have your dates added. You will have to let us know how the GSC is. My hubby is interested in going.

Hey everyone! Sorry I didn’t check in yesterday, I was in a funk because we didn’t get the one hard to get Topolinos ADR we wanted. Well, we did got one but not on our rest day. With trying for Guardians- my girls are HUGE Marvel fans- and DH is a huge Star Wars fan, we really didn’t want an ADR on those days and trying to get ILL$ and G+.

I’ve been checking, admittedly obsessively, since yesterday morning and just got it!!!! I am beyond ecstatic. My heart is still racing.

We also got Whispering Canyon, per DH request, for Father’s Day lunch. We went to WL for our honeymoon 25 years ago so he’s very nostalgic for that and WCC. Otherwise we’re sticking to QS meals. Last year the girls and I went in May, no fastpasses, only a Topolinos ADR and loved the flexibility. With the hassle of G+ being new to us we didn’t really want many ADR to work around. I will admit to major FOMO seeing all the good ADR out there yesterday!

Anyway, moral of the story, if you don’t get something at 6 on your ADR day, don’t immediately give up. I’m sure people are like us and get less than ideal times, change their minds, etc. I actually had booked a few other things as backups in case that didn’t go through and just cancelled those.

FWIW, I got the ADR on the app. I used the + and check dining availability and then clicked the little funnel in the bottom right corner and selected Riviera Resort as the only thing it was searching.
Glad you were able to get Topolinos! We are doing Topolinos for breakfast on our check out day. It's a tradition to do a character breakfast before heading home. I was going to do Cape May since we are staying at the BC but was able to snag this one instead.

I admire your restraint on not getting many ADRs. There is no way I would be able (or willing) to sacrifice my one hour a day to enjoy a good meal (and a little down time). It's my favorite part of our trips. I think some of our best memories are at places like Chef Mickeys, Akershus, and Garden grill. The Best server I've ever had anywhere was Tomas at Chefs de France, and I can still taste the food at Victoria and Alberts. Nope! No way I'm giving that up to get on RotR. LOL, I'm sure my family may disagree just a little...but for me, it's nonnegotiable. 😁

I think some of our best memories are at places like Chef Mickeys, Akershus, and Garden grill. The Best server I've ever had anywhere was Tomas at Chefs de France, and I can still taste the food at Victoria and Alberts. Nope! No way I'm giving that up to get on RotR. LOL, I'm sure my family may disagree just a little...but for me, it's nonnegotiable. 😁
That's the way I am about our Yachtsman meal. And I think my DH would agree with you. I do have some FOMO. We had several years of great meals through Deluxe Dining Plan. 'Ohana used to be a favorite but it went downhill for us pre-covid, so I'm even more hesitant now. We would definitely be hitting Akershus if it were open, and I am still pondering a few others. We really love a good character brunch. I have the feeling once we get closer DH will be asking for more. He's used to at least 1 TS a day, so this is a real trial for us.

That's the way I am about our Yachtsman meal. And I think my DH would agree with you. I do have some FOMO. We had several years of great meals through Deluxe Dining Plan. 'Ohana used to be a favorite but it went downhill for us pre-covid, so I'm even more hesitant now. We would definitely be hitting Akershus if it were open, and I am still pondering a few others. We really love a good character brunch. I have the feeling once we get closer DH will be asking for more. He's used to at least 1 TS a day, so this is a real trial for us.
Ya know, I’m aware I am in the minority here, but I’m just not a big fan of the food at Ohana. Maybe a long time ago, but in recent years it’s just been meh. If I’m in the Magic Kingdom area, I would rather do Storybook or 1900 Park Fair. (Hope it reopens soon. One of the best character breakfasts in Disney.).

Regardless, look forward to hearing about how your plans grow and change before you arrive. Lord knows I’m still looking at available reservations on the daily. 😂

Ya know, I’m aware I am in the minority here, but I’m just not a big fan of the food at Ohana. Maybe a long time ago, but in recent years it’s just been meh. If I’m in the Magic Kingdom area, I would rather do Storybook or 1900 Park Fair.

We loved it circa 2009-2013 ish???? I remember being very disappointed in 2017 for my daughter's graduation trip in how meh it was, we gave it one more shot, in 2018, but we're done for a while. I LOVED Storybook. LOVED. We've only done 1900PF for dinner, I'll have to keep an eye on that breakfast!

We loved it circa 2009-2013 ish???? I remember being very disappointed in 2017 for my daughter's graduation trip in how meh it was, we gave it one more shot, in 2018, but we're done for a while. I LOVED Storybook. LOVED. We've only done 1900PF for dinner, I'll have to keep an eye on that breakfast!
We love Ohana but agree it’s been hit or miss for a while. Last year, aside from the awful shrimp casserole junk and the scones, the food was better overall. So we’ll see what this time brings. We wanted my father-in- law to experience it, and I could make a meal of the noodles and bread pudding, so I’ll be ok either way! 😂

I am currently obsessing over that reservation (moving it from 3:50 to something closer to 5pm) and our Hacienda just a bit later than 4:30… no idea why that one is so tough to find!

We definitely had less ADRs this time as well with no dining plan. If they add Garden Grill breakfast back, or Crystal Palace, I’d add a late breakfast both places. Otherwise, I think we’ll like the flexibility. Especially with Flower and Garden happening.

And….. I just booked a reallllyyyy late Oga’s. Park closes at 9, made ADR for 9:45. DH has never been, girls and I did a park close Ogas last year and loved it, but it was during covid protocols. Hoping that late it will be slightly less crowded. Theory is to jump in slinky line around 8:50 then go to Ogas.

Made most of our ADRs for the 1st 2/3 of our trip, we're doing a split status time so still waiting on part 2. The only thing I wasn't able to get at all was Topolinos for breakfast, but we set up reservation finders to see what happens.

Now I guess I should start making a packing list of what we're gonna need. Not because I really need to pack 2 months early but if I don't figure out what I don't have I'll end up spending hundreds of dollars stays before the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter