• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

.:Official March 2015 thread!:.

Has anyone been in March before? We went last year for the first week of March and it was great BUT this time I'm looking at trying to swing a last minute trip if my hubby's work cooperates with days off. It would be March 21-28. Realistically is this spring break? Ours is the week before. What can I expect busy wise? My husband HATES tons of crowds and I was surprised he was on board for this .. fingers crossed I can make this work!!!

Has anyone been in March before? We went last year for the first week of March and it was great BUT this time I'm looking at trying to swing a last minute trip if my hubby's work cooperates with days off. It would be March 21-28. Realistically is this spring break? Ours is the week before. What can I expect busy wise? My husband HATES tons of crowds and I was surprised he was on board for this .. fingers crossed I can make this work!!!

I went last year during the last week of March. It was freezing, but I'm from the south, so if it's below 50, I consider that really cold. The crowds were a little above average, but manageable. Start to check crowd calendars. If you are staying onsite take advantage of extra magic hours. Crowds are much easier to manage then.

We are going this week this year as well. This is typically our spring break week and when we go to WDW, this is the week we go. I don't think it's been that busy....similar to other no school crowds. We go to every rope drop though and utilize the mornings. Two years ago when we went, it was in the 80's and then a storm came through and it never made it out of the 50s for days. In the AM, it was in the 30s. We were freezing! I only brought one pair of pants and sweatshirts for each of us because I had never had that happen to us before over spring break. Never again - always pack a couple of days of cold weather gear - even at the end of March!!

Hi all! This is our 4th family trip. We'll be at WDW from Feb 28th - March 7th! Staying offsite at WBC.

Curious about the weather as we've had good luck with the weather previously in mid-April and early November.

Leaving in 6 weeks! New plan has us staying one night in a POR royal room before checking into WBC for 7 nights, then going to ASSp for our last two nights! Super excited that our MK day park hours have been extended! Hoping that the 7-8 am and 1a-3a EMH will help us avoid the crowds on the day before Easter. We will get there early. Leave at lunch time and take naps. Return for dinner, rested and ready to attempt to close the park. Not thinking DS8 and DD11 will make it but we can have fun trying!

Only going to go for a few days (3/25-3/28) but hubby is finally letting us stay in the park instead of renting a house! Wilderness Lodge! So excited for the kids to have this experience. :)

Any strategies suggestions for first timer March Disney tripper. We are going the 15 to 20. My 4 year old is quirky and won't nap. I am such a plan. I know we may need to take this an hour at a time. We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn. It should be convenient.

Any strategies suggestions for first timer March Disney tripper. We are going the 15 to 20. My 4 year old is quirky and won't nap. I am such a plan. I know we may need to take this an hour at a time. We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn. It should be convenient.

I always know where the baby center is in each park. At 4 you are maybe getting a little old for it but it was always a nice place to have some quiet downtime for my kids. They used to have little tables where they could color and just generally get a break.

That is a good idea. Thanks
I always know where the baby center is in each park. At 4 you are maybe getting a little old for it but it was always a nice place to have some quiet downtime for my kids. They used to have little tables where they could color and just generally get a break.

Neither of my kids napped anymore at age 4 :) Will you have a stroller? He or she may surprise you and nap in the stroller while you're in the parks, even if that's not the norm. And yes, BWI is definitely convenient for going to EPCOT and HS! We've stayed at BWV twice and are staying there again this trip. No kids this time, but when we've had the kids its nice to get to and from those parks so quickly, especially at the end of the night. You can also take the friendship boat from the resort to either park. Your 4 yo may enjoy that :thumbsup2

Also coming in mid March. How do you get fast passes on MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE
Are you staying in the park and do you have that reservation linked on My Disney Experience? Also, do you have your tickets linked? I had both my reservation and tickets linked and they actually sent me an email to select my fast passes 60 days out. If you aren't staying in the park, it's 30 days out, but I think in both cases the tickets and reservations must be linked in My Disney Experience to be able to make the selection.

Just booked a last minute trip for the last week of March!! So excited! Can't believe my hubby said yes. And can't wait to tell my 3 kids! Fastpass options were slim pickins but I'll take it! Just read about BOG lunch moving to ressie. Hoping to get one!

Staying at Port Orleans - Riverside. Have never stayed there before. Any thoughts?

9 day until we head out!!! 10 days until we step foot on Disney property!!!! Soooo excited!

Last edited:
leaving in 17 days... So ready to go. Both of my previous trips have been in March/end of February. I couldnt imagine going in the Summer with all the Florida heat and humidity. It was 85 last year when we went and was almost to much for this big dude.

leaving in 17 days... So ready to go. Both of my previous trips have been in March/end of February. I couldnt imagine going in the Summer with all the Florida heat and humidity. It was 85 last year when we went and was almost to much for this big dude.

We leave in 15 days :flower:We went in Feb. last year and pretty much froze most of the time! Coldest trip we've taken down there. I checked the weather today - I know it changes daily but I was happy to see that, as of now, we're looking at mid-80's for our trip :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter