**Official March 2017 Thread**

I'd disagree--the consistency of the errors and how widespread they are on the website seems to me very different than one specific meter being broken on Comcast's website, or Southwest having a one time outage, etc.
Except I didn't say any of those things were isolated or unique. I even made clear that the Comcast issue was indicative of other, similar issues. It is just one of many such problems with Comcast's website.

Disney is one of the biggest corporations in the world
Which is why I included a company like Comcast, a company that is not only in the same general business as Disney, but a company that is actually larger than Disney.

I think it is really important to to work to blind ourselves to the reality that what we're seeing on Disney's website is the same as every other comparable website. What we're seeing is normal.

31 days until we are back in the bubble. Our daughter has no clue this time. We live in Alabama, but got cheap flights out of Atlanta. We are driving there and staying the night before we fly out. Told daughter we were going to Atlanta for Spring Break. She's gonna freak when we head for the airport and our Disney backpacks magically appear from the back of the Odyssey. Ha.

31 days until we are back in the bubble. Our daughter has no clue this time. We live in Alabama, but got cheap flights out of Atlanta. We are driving there and staying the night before we fly out. Told daughter we were going to Atlanta for Spring Break. She's gonna freak when we head for the airport and our Disney backpacks magically appear from the back of the Odyssey. Ha.

In 2012, we drove to Atlanta, GA to visit the Crisson Gold Mine, stayed the night and the kids thought we were driving back home and we drove down to Orlando. They were only 4 and 6 at the time, BUT I don't know HOW they completely missed us unpacking everything into our condo because the next day they were SHOCKED when they saw the infamous Walt Disney World sign as we drove under it, LOL

I couldn't believe we made it all the way there without a clue!

I'd disagree--the consistency of the errors and how widespread they are on the website seems to me very different than one specific meter being broken on Comcast's website, or Southwest having a one time outage, etc. Disney is one of the biggest corporations in the world--never being sure if I'm gonna be able see "My Itinerary" or if a page for a specific website will load bothers me more from them than from smaller companies like Holland America or T-Mobile (though I've never had any problems with the T-Mobile website).
I agree with Araminta18. Over the years I've seen more frequent website crashes on the WDW website than websites of other large corporations that I've visited. When making a set of several ADRs or FP+ reservations, it is rare for me to get through the whole series without at least a couple of failure messages.

My daughter wants me to do a "scavenger hunt" with a surprise at the end when it get close to count down time... she watches all those "surprise we are going to Disney World" videos, LOL. I told her I can't surprise her, SHE IS TOO NOSY!!!!
I have an idea for you, MSPeeler. Why don't you turn the tables on your daughter, and ask her to create a scavenger hunt for you? This would be a great chance for her to exercise her creativity.

Eight more days until my trip! :banana:

Super, super last minute trip (solo trip) and super, super whirlwind (like less than 35 hours lol). I'm turning 30 on March 7th and I had a couple days and I said hell with it, I'm going. If anyone is gonna be around March 4th in DAK or Poly/Mono Resorts that evening, let me know!

Friday March 3rd

5:30pm - Leave Vancouver

Saturday March 4th

12:55am – Land in Toronto

6:15am – Leave for Orlando (Yes, airport overnight for 5 and a half hours…. Ugh lol)

9:06am – Land in Orlando/Pick-Up Rental Car

10:30am – Arrive Animal Kingdom

12:40pm – Expedition Everest FP+

1:50pm – Kilimanjaro Safari FP+

3:10pm – Dinosaur FP+

(Dawa Bar, Nomad Lounge, etc sprinkled throughout)

7:15pm – Rivers of Light (Standby L lol)

7:45pm – Leave DAK

8:00pm – Arrive TTC/Poly

Dole Whip

9:00pm – Wishes

9:30pm – Trader Sam’s

Wander around/Resort Hop, Wave Lounge, Mizner Lounge, etc.

Sunday March 5th

10:00am – Disney Springs

5:00pm – Leave for MCO

9:15pm – Flight to Montreal

So I understand that many of the food vendors at F&G have snack credit items. I've heard that you can turn a QS into 3 snack credits. Is that true? How do you do that? Just by using them all at once? This is our first trip so I am trying to understand all the nuances. Thanks!

So I understand that many of the food vendors at F&G have snack credit items. I've heard that you can turn a QS into 3 snack credits. Is that true? How do you do that? Just by using them all at once? This is our first trip so I am trying to understand all the nuances. Thanks!
If I remember correctly these must be used at the same time and at counter service locations. I'm not sure if the food booths at the festival will qualify for the meal/snack exchange. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because it's been several months since I used the dining plan and did this. My daughter and I did use the meal/snack exchange several times when we weren't hungry for a full meal or preferred the snack options. Some cast members we encountered were not familiar with the exchange, or how it worked, which was frustrating.

Magic bands came!! And I was able to move my 7DMT fastpass so it doesn't conflict with my BOG dinner reservation. I'm still trying to get a later dinner reservation (5:10 is a bit on the early side!) but if not, no worries--everything still works! 21 days!

IMG_4562 (3).JPG

I think it is really important to NOT work to blind ourselves to the reality that what we're seeing on Disney's website is the same as every other comparable website. What we're seeing is normal.
Sorry: There was a typo in my earlier post. I've corrected it in the quote, above.

Hello! Anyone drive down from the Midwest? We are coming from the Chicagoland area and this is the first time we've ever driven (flights were insane!) Our plan is to leave at 3 or 4 AM on Saturday and stop in Valdosta, GA for the night. Then leave around 7:30 AM Sunday and hope to get to AOA by noon or earlier? Anyone have experience with this route? My husband is worried about Atlanta traffic on a Saturday. Thanks!

Hello! Anyone drive down from the Midwest? We are coming from the Chicagoland area and this is the first time we've ever driven (flights were insane!) Our plan is to leave at 3 or 4 AM on Saturday and stop in Valdosta, GA for the night. Then leave around 7:30 AM Sunday and hope to get to AOA by noon or earlier? Anyone have experience with this route? My husband is worried about Atlanta traffic on a Saturday. Thanks!

I'm from the St. Louis area and this will be the 4th time driving down there. We'll be leaving at 9 or 10pm on a Thursday and driving through the night. Your plan sounds good though, I've stopped in Valdosta on one of my trips and it worked out well. We arrived at our hotel around noon when we we did that. Atlanta traffic is terrible no matter what time, in my experience. I've driven through early in the morning and on weekends and it sucks either way. But once you get through, it's not bad. Georgia is very boring to drive through, though.

7 days y'all!! :banana::cool1:

This is me right now with all the packing :laundy: and I feel overwhelmed every time I have to pack for any vacation since I pack for all seven of us (the teenagers claim to be too busy and DH insists he only needs two shirts and two pairs of shorts :rolleyes2), but I remind myself that it is all so worth it :sunny:.

7 days y'all!! :banana::cool1:

This is me right now with all the packing :laundy: and I feel overwhelmed every time I have to pack for any vacation since I pack for all seven of us (the teenagers claim to be too busy and DH insists he only needs two shirts and two pairs of shorts :rolleyes2), but I remind myself that it is all so worth it :sunny:.
I remember those days but I only had 4 not 7 :worship:
Yes it will be worth it :goodvibes

Anyone know what the current weather looks like. I saw the forecast on my weather app, but hard to tell how humid and really hot it is. We leave in about a week and from Pennsylvania. Debating if I need to pack jeans and sweatshirts or just t-shirts and shorts. This is our first March trip. Our other trips have always been in either September of May. I was hoping for nice weather with low humidity. Getting excited!!!

OMG FIVE DAYS!!! I'm finished with the shirts I wanted to make but randomly decided to add two more because I'm a glutton for punishment. I still haven't even finished our autograph books haha

We found a couple mermaid fins at Target that were marked and rang up $5.99 when another Target wanted $29.99 for them. I want to bring them but they're slightly too wide for our carry on suitcases and now I'm worried they'll give us a hard time with them in our personal item bags (which are just those standard sized reusable tote bags that aren't any bigger than a diaper bag). They should fit easily under a seat, even with the bags stuffed to the max, but I still worry. I'm almost tempted to bring our big duffle bag to check, but that's a guaranteed $50 round trip. I'm not even 100% sure they're going to accept my Husband's and my suitcases as carry on because they are both about a half inch over the specified length limit. I swear it was impossible to find a suitcase that was truly 21" in length. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter