**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters
I love the Pirates boat ride and found out that we will only have the opportunity to ride it on our day one, as it is closed after that. But am grateful we get to do it at least one day. I love the relaxing rides. Ellen's ride was one of my favorites too. But I still have Carousel of Progress!

I love the Pirates boat ride and found out that we will only have the opportunity to ride it on our day one, as it is closed after that. But am grateful we get to do it at least one day. I love the relaxing rides. Ellen's ride was one of my favorites too. But I still have Carousel of Progress!
Two years ago was dh’s First trip. It was hot out so he said let’s go do that (carousel of progress). Neither of us had done it before but it is probably in my top 5 favorite rides. I absolutely love it and I sing it out loud when we do it lol.

I think you have some great dining and FP+ choices! ('Ohana dinner and Kona breakfast never disappoints my family! We will also be dining here this trip.)

My only comment would be your first day at Poly:

February 28
Check in at Poly
Brunch at the Bon Voyage Breakfast
Explore boardwalk/maybe pool time
Dinner at Ohana

What times are your ADRs and what type of transportation would you be utilizing? For me, I think checking out of Pop, going to Poly, heading to the BW and exploring, eating, and getting back to Poly for dinner could be a little hectic.

Yes, I think you are right...especially with four kids! Our dining reservation for the Bon Voyage breakfast is for 11:30. It is a must for my girls, Rupunzel and Ariel are their favorites. When I was planning, I was hoping for an earlier reservation. Maybe we will just go straight to the boardwalk and leave our luggage at Pop. Will they keep it for us until we want to go to the poly to check in? Or I guess I could get an uber for my husband with the luggage to poly and meet him at the boardwalk...not very fun for him though...I am going to research some alternatives...thanks for the heads up!

Everyone’s plans sound great can’t wait till the 21st and we can make our FP’s. Our AP’s expired but I just bought 10 Day base tickets for now then we’ll upgrade to AP’s once we’re there. Still a good value for us going at least twice a year plus a discount on shopping and dining.

Last edited:

So I was able to move my fop FP from 5:40 to 10:50, but I have a tusker house adr at 10:35. Is there anyway I can make that work? The FP will go until 11:50 so technically we have until then. Idk if we will be done eating by then.

Yes, I think you are right...especially with four kids! Our dining reservation for the Bon Voyage breakfast is for 11:30. It is a must for my girls, Rupunzel and Ariel are their favorites. When I was planning, I was hoping for an earlier reservation. Maybe we will just go straight to the boardwalk and leave our luggage at Pop. Will they keep it for us until we want to go to the poly to check in? Or I guess I could get an uber for my husband with the luggage to poly and meet him at the boardwalk...not very fun for him though...I am going to research some alternatives...thanks for the heads up!
That breakfast sounds great, I can see why you do not want to miss it! Using Uber/Lyft should definitely help.

Going directly to BW from Pop may make it easier. Disney will hold your luggage at Pop if you want. Just head to Bell Services and they will give you a ticket. Bell Services will even keep something refrigerated say if you had medication or something perishable. Disney will also internally transfer your luggage to another resort if you go to Bell Services. I have had them do it and I think they say it could take up to 4 hours to arrive at the new resort. The Poly room may not be ready until 3pm anyway.

If you gave Bell Services at Pop all of your checked/large bags to transfer internally, went to BW via Uber/Lyft and had one bag with essentials/swim gear for Poly, finished breakfast, took another Uber/Lyft to Poly and relaxed at the pool for your room to be ready/luggage to arrive that may be more relaxing :)

So I was able to move my fop FP from 5:40 to 10:50, but I have a tusker house adr at 10:35. Is there anyway I can make that work? The FP will go until 11:50 so technically we have until then. Idk if we will be done eating by then.
I think 90 minutes for a character meal is a good amount of time. I would also arrive at least 20 minutes early and check-in. Sometimes you are pleasantly surprised and seated well past your ADR time! (But character meals can cause delays) You could also ask for the check and pay early. Would you be heartbroken if you missed 1 character?

I have also read about/experienced a 15 minute grace period with the FP+ system. Now for something in high demand like FoP, I am unsure if the system would automatically do it or if it up to the discrection of the CM at the tapstile.

I would also not give up hope modifying the FoP FP+ or even the Tusker House breakfast! I know I am in MDE moving things around today in anticipation for my FP+ window opening.

I think 90 minutes for a character meal is a good amount of time. I would also arrive at least 20 minutes early and check-in. Sometimes you are pleasantly surprised and seated well past your ADR time! (But character meals can cause delays) You could also ask for the check and pay early. Would you be heartbroken if you missed 1 character?

I have also read about/experienced a 15 minute grace period with the FP+ system. Now for something in high demand like FoP, I am unsure if the system would automatically do it or if it up to the discrection of the CM at the tapstile.

I would also not give up hope modifying the FoP FP+ or even the Tusker House breakfast! I know I am in MDE moving things around today in anticipation for my FP+ window opening.
I was able to book an 8:30am and an 11:25am. Now I just need to decide. I think the breakfast sounds better, but if I go at 8:30 I’ll miss the whole first hour of being in the park.

Two years ago was dh’s First trip. It was hot out so he said let’s go do that (carousel of progress). Neither of us had done it before but it is probably in my top 5 favorite rides. I absolutely love it and I sing it out loud when we do it lol.
LOL...me too!

Man! Is March crowded for some reason this year? Is there a region of the country that has spring break during that time? My mom has time off March 6-14, so I'm trying to find a value for sometime during those dates and there is very little availability.

Man! Is March crowded for some reason this year? Is there a region of the country that has spring break during that time? My mom has time off March 6-14, so I'm trying to find a value for sometime during those dates and there is very little availability.

I think the entire state of Texas is on spring break that week? I know that is part of it, plus just a lot of spring breaks from colleges and high schools that start back early (we are in Indiana and a balanced calendar so kids get two weeks at spring break and go back to school end of July so have a really early break).

It could be because of the International Garden Festival...and some school vacations. I also think they have offered the Play, Stay and Dine Package in this time frame as well.

Joining in on the March fun! :wave2: Just booked March 12-16 at All Star Movies for a frugal Spring Break trip. Hoping we can finally buy AP's and enjoy a year of Disney before the Star Wars crowds (of which we will be part of) take over in 2019. :cool1:

Joining in on the March fun! :wave2: Just booked March 12-16 at All Star Movies for a frugal Spring Break trip. Hoping we can finally buy AP's and enjoy a year of Disney before the Star Wars crowds (of which we will be part of) take over in 2019. :cool1:
I hear yah....it's going to be even crazier than Pandora, I think. I know so many people who are insane over Star Wars! Quite frankly, I'm not really a Star Wars fan, so I'll avoid HS...who am I kidding, I'm too much of an overall fan of Disney to avoid anything!

Got everything we wanted!!! Even FOP! Booked that park first -- AK is our 4th park day and there were numerous times available.

Had no issues! And Toy Story Mania was available on March 13th -- so no planned closure at least.

Only closed ride appears to be Pirates of the Caribbean -- was bummed to see it was still unavailable on March 18th (our check out day). :sad:

Got everything we wanted!!! Even FOP! Booked that park first -- AK is our 4th park day and there were numerous times available.

Had no issues! And Toy Story Mania was available on March 13th -- so no planned closure at least.

Only closed ride appears to be Pirates of the Caribbean -- was bummed to see it was still unavailable on March 18th (our check out day). :sad:
Whoo hoo! Congrats! Pirates is going to be closed one day after we arrive, so we will get to go on it for one day...was happy about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter