***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

We are having the same problem. I ended up booking the Drury Inn. My only concern is the traffic the next morning when we head to ASSp to check in. But for $89.00, I couldn’t beat it!

I messed up, instead of adding a day on the front side it shifted my reservations to the left. I was in a mad scramble to fix my mistake, I got Friday the 29th and Sunday the 31st reserved but I was unable to get Saturday the 30th re-reserved. I am hoping tomorrow the reservation people can fix my mistake. It's still pretty far out so hopefully I can get it fixed in time. If not the Drury might be a mid stay option for us too..

Last edited:
Using Touringplans to help plan my days now that I have my FP's . Only entering our top choices and then will adjust while in parks. Thoughts on my AK plan ? View attachment 372796

Is that an EMH day, since you're starting at 8am? I'm planning on hitting many of the same things, except we're working clockwise (NRJ->Lion King->Safari->Lunch->EE before an afternoon FoP FP. We'll be doing it on a 9am open, so that should be a good amount of time to hit NRJ, get coffee, poke around a bit, and hit the 10am Lion King. For an 8am day, that's a LOT of downtime before the Lion King show, although you could do NRJ-Safari-Lion King, if you wanted to avoid heading to Asia and then back to Africa for the show. Depends on where you want to do lunch, too.

Exciting to hear all the FPs being booked!

I’m tinkering with my plans today in preparation for Friday booking.

I really like how I have everything laid out except for my main AK day, and I can’t figure out a better way to fit it in. I don’t want to do it I need the first few days because I’d like a good shot at getting FOP roughly when I want it. So that leaves:
Saturday March 9,morning EMH—currently 8 am but possibly moved to 7. I have this scheduled as a sleep in day with a DHS evening (fingers crossed for night time SDD)
Sunday March 10– currently my Epcot day, we have the FEA party booked that evening. I like the idea of doing illuminations after the time change so my kids might be able to stay awake for it.
Monday March 11–morning EMH, and after the time change so it will feel an hour earlier. This had been my plan until I thought about the time change and possible 7 am EMH.
Tuesday March 12–last day at WDW so probably a half day, late start because packing up, etc.

I’m thinking we’ll change our Epcot plans up a bit...we have hoppers after all, maybe we do AK that morning then Epcot in the evening? And then do a day at Epcot on the 11th instead? What’s a few ADRs to change. :)

Also trying to figure out where to cram in some more Epcot time to hang out in WS and check out flower and garden, but that likely doesn’t impact FPs so I’ll play with that once everything is booked.

I have been re-working my Epcot days for the same reason. Looking forward to F & G. Good luck with FP day! I make mine on Monday. Can’t wait!!!

I have been re-working my Epcot days for the same reason. Looking forward to F & G. Good luck with FP day! I make mine on Monday. Can’t wait!!!
My son was initially not impressed when I mention F & G (understandably, he’s a prettnature oriented kid but even still going to a “flower show” vs rides and Disney fun?),but tonight we watched Tim Tracker’s video from last year’s festival and we’re both excited about it now!

I might need to cancel an evening of resort activities or something to head back to Epcot one more time while we’re there. I know he’s going to want to do Agent P and the kidcot stations and everything too, we might end up in WS a lot more this trip!

Is that an EMH day, since you're starting at 8am? I'm planning on hitting many of the same things, except we're working clockwise (NRJ->Lion King->Safari->Lunch->EE before an afternoon FoP FP. We'll be doing it on a 9am open, so that should be a good amount of time to hit NRJ, get coffee, poke around a bit, and hit the 10am Lion King. For an 8am day, that's a LOT of downtime before the Lion King show, although you could do NRJ-Safari-Lion King, if you wanted to avoid heading to Asia and then back to Africa for the show. Depends on where you want to do lunch, too.
Yes, It is an EMH day. Good ideas, i'll look into that :) Thank You

We have our fastpasses booked now. We got most of what we wanted. I am still struggling to decide if we should do either EMM or DAH at MK on this trip. I do need to decide though as it would probably impact the fastpasses we booked for the morning after DAH. Now to wait two months!

Doing the Happy Dance!!
Shades of Green was able to fix my mess up on my reservations!! So the new dates are March 29th thru 1 April. I have been sweating it since I messed it up. Good thing I was able to get a pool side room. Next is FP selections.

Did my FPs today. I was not able to get FoP for 3/5 or SDD for 3/6, but was able to get everything else. We are doing two days each at AK and HS so I did get those on our other days there.

And I will keep trying to modify!

Time to sleep so I can get up for FPs in the morning! I’m still not totally pleased with how I have my Park days mapped out, I did a bunch of last minute shuffling and feel like I haven’t reviewed everything carefully. Hopefully the FP times I pick willstill work once I sit down and confirm all the plans!

Just noticed on Touring Plans our March 3-9th trip has jumped from all 5 and 6's to all 8-10's. You think this is due to Mardi Gras maybe? I did have zero luck getting big ticket fast-passes. I started looking right on the dot and Slinky Dog was already gone and the only remaining FOP fast-passes were after 6.

Ok so TP just updated crowd levels way up from 4-6 levels to 8-10 levels for our dates 3/6-3/12!!! So far unable to get most fast passes that we were hoping for soooo disappointing! Now trying to move around park dates to get fast passes we want.....

Ugh, also woke up to that TP email with the major crowd changes. Not happy about all the 9s and 10s all of a sudden! We survived crowds of 7-10 last year with decent 0lanning, so I know we will do it again, but i was looking forward to things being a tad calmer this year. Hopefully they’re wrong!

45 minutes to fast passes, I hope I can get something...

As far as I know, the only thing Disney does for Mardi Gras is the parade at Port Orleans.
Us, but I think traditionally schools in LA are closed that week so crowds tend to be a bit higher? I thought I read that some of the state wasn’t closing this year, though, and TP has had MG on the calendar so it’s not like they didn’t know about that.

Our trip last year overlapped with MG as well, and the crowds were insane, but it seemed to be a lot of international visitors plus the staffing things, etc.

I did not enjoy the TP crowd level increase email this morning. I wasn’t expecting such a large increase. We did okay in Fastpass selection but now worried we won’t get early as many other rides done. Just need to remind myself it will be much busier than I was thinking. So I am not shocked when we get there. Good luck to those doing fast passes today.

Ok, that went remarkably well for me, I hope everyone else keeps having good luck. I got within 5 minutes of my desired time for all the hard to get FPs, and am now filling in the gaps with smaller stuff, before I started tinkering again!

Those emails made me nervous but availability was good for every day I looked at. I did have all the big stuff pushed to the second half of our week, though. Out of curiosity I’m going to have a peek at availability for our fist few days now...

Edit: now I’m getting a lot of Olaf. Glad I have the big stuff done!

Not happy about all the 9s and 10s all of a sudden! We survived crowds of 7-10 last year with decent 0lanning, so I know we will do it again, but i was looking forward to things being a tad calmer this year. Hopefully they’re wrong!

Yeah, I'm hoping they're wrong as well. Two of my days went up from 5/6 to 10, which seems crazy to me. We got all the FPs we wanted, though, so we shall see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter