***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

It's our wonky day before we go. We will have to get up at 2am so this day will go by quick. Our 4yo is so excited but we've left our actual departure day a bit of a mystery.

He's going to school today but we'll be picking him up a few hours early. Trying to trick him into thinking it's later then it actually is so he'll go to bed early. That way he wont burn out from exhaustion the first day. We're hoping he'll make it to the fireworks at MK but we won't force it.

And I've got a new job! I have a meeting to review my potential new employer's offer first thing this morning. I'm 99% sure that whatever they offer it'll be more $ than I'm making now. This is sort of my dream job in that it is located only 5 minutes from my house. As a dad to a toddler that's huge. Not to mention the savings in gas / wear and tear on my car. But it's also sad. I love my current employer and my coworkers. It'll be sad to say goodbye. I wish I could take them all with me.

Congrats with the new job!!
I have a little man and started a new job in October. I was driving over an hour to work and now my commute is less than 20 minutes. A little more money, a heck of a lot less gas and wear and tear on the car and me!! Best part is I have more evening time to spend with the family.

Yay for a new job! I work 5 minutes from our house, the girls' school, etc, and it's a HUGE benefit. More time with them in the mornings and evenings, being able to quickly run to the school for an in-class activity or if someone falls sick. It really is incredible.

I watch the Tim Tracker almost daily and I see people in the background in shorts and t-shirts, that's the weather I'm looking forward too!!
It was hot on presidents day in the parks, been above 80 a bit in most of Florida but we have a nice front this week and i hope in March we get another. anything above 85 and any humidity and i feel hot. It was above 80 in Jax for a few days, not happy lmao. I'll be there on the 10th and the 10 day weather is looking good!!!

So, so excited with 15 days to go! I am going with "Disneybound" outfits for this trip. So far I have a Merida bound planned for my first day, Rapunzel for my tea experience at Rose and Crown, a Cinderella bound for my last MK night (and drinks at Minzers) and am working on Tiki room, Bambi and Snow White! So fun!
I’m a Disneybounder too! I’m doing less this year because my fiancé and I have a couple of “ couples shirts. (I love you/ I know; Micky LO/Minnie VE) but I’m planning a Tiki room, Villians, Beauty and the Beast, Cheshire Cat, and Peter Pan this year.

On packing, I’ve made this Spring Break trip several times. It’s usually perfect weather, but I always bring a pair of jeans and a hoodie just in case. It can get pretty chilly when the sun goes down and we like to close the parks.

Nice work scoring FoP passes! those are hard to find this close. We will be there that week as well!

TP has pretty much every day forecasted at about a crowd level 8 for that week. I'll be happy to see what an 8 looks like since the only thing I'm familiar with is Christmas/New Years crowds, which are a 10*. Just plan on it being busy. If you really want to maximize stuff, AND you're an early riser we had a lot of luck with being in the early rope-drop crowds. We were able to score lots of 4th+ FPs even during Christmas Break, and being logical about trying to get onto rides we knew we wouldn't be able to easily get a FP for (going on the more popular rides that we couldn't get FPs for first thing in the morning and then using the 4th+ passes for rides with more "moderate" 30-40min waits) because I hate waiting in lines. The ONLY thing we screwed up on last year was Test Track and it was posted at 30min (TP said 40) and it took 90. Have fun! Hopefully the weather is nice for us!

I am glad to hear TP has it at an 8. I've never used them but hear most people think they are accurate.

It's our wonky day before we go. We will have to get up at 2am so this day will go by quick. Our 4yo is so excited but we've left our actual departure day a bit of a mystery.

He's going to school today but we'll be picking him up a few hours early. Trying to trick him into thinking it's later then it actually is so he'll go to bed early. That way he wont burn out from exhaustion the first day. We're hoping he'll make it to the fireworks at MK but we won't force it.

And I've got a new job! I have a meeting to review my potential new employer's offer first thing this morning. I'm 99% sure that whatever they offer it'll be more $ than I'm making now. This is sort of my dream job in that it is located only 5 minutes from my house. As a dad to a toddler that's huge. Not to mention the savings in gas / wear and tear on my car. But it's also sad. I love my current employer and my coworkers. It'll be sad to say goodbye. I wish I could take them all with me.
Congrats on the new job!
Have a great time in Disney!

Our magic bands were supposed to be delivered today, but apparently our mail box is inaccessible. :cold: I sure the bank around it is to the point now where we will either need to shovel it out or hope our neighbor across the road (who is an excavator) cleans out around it....something he does a few times each winter when he cleans out his driveway.

ETA: Just found availability for EMM for HS on the 27th. YAY! Now to change the fastpasses I had set up for that day to a different park since there's not a whole lot in HS that we are interested in doing (outside of TSMM, SDD, ST, and maaaaaybe RnR for DH and our oldest if he's feeling brave.

Last edited:
MagicBands came today! Got the girls' Rey and Beauty and the Beast decals applied pretty well. And for me, a page from the 1627 piece of chamber music that I wrote my dissertation about. (If you're going to geek out, go hard or go home.) DW's Mary Poppins decal is still in the mail.
QfDtul3mJz_0tG5L73D6UDhsvgXApYm0N3FR9v8mJU1f9boi-BTO7Vwb5q3CfQtsSV7BMT8TSLFwsxMFJ-HpnMgbV-VdHnKbNd507scA4VsynXLbRjErzZJY9ee7YTeS0wkDf-yH7-_BqlwL9kFAAPiAKKIRXvENsHkBvSJbTLIhQtdBvZdZ7_6VDP2jhVn9d8-KsJIbpuczSm5XauOq61PuriQuUAj0VSMIPH4-ZM9RPFYWxa2G5WDVIpCeavEucBFh6onTw3tjJ41W5-jIHS41mGry-K6ICIvhDdq9OlNRHJrLwkNnk79zevulrcvvetocQsZGkh-_VJ738QeSGcLenOK2bnSR4Mwna-C_1PoZeCbMINoqsewyEgPbx2bGNjizgVUd86kXFZ-8YGkWUTPw52tgkJrfvDAjylpXtq7slEEIVQXNz5uxMP_DnWOUB3zn-284AfC1Ofe1hZlbyDBNh2vXgR-JSv34pIGpqSKzSlr286mX2KLu_-VGJYuDDvfn77JOr907Hx0UoJ767jLhcOnpQZESNZQOReNDGA-SV-3hj7GNboKv8xB4ahuyJywxhE5LSGQ3hAQt3oGN10py005UdjwPc8u9ugnr8x2AIQNgW0dJYsPwWyfhc3UByLjBf5zrtdYjfZx_KUMx9a-07vMtb6Y_yFy1RZfTRObF8pQfNuYwilqgSKwCRwjlfFg9_1g8X6p8eBskNIX0VE5g=w2526-h1894-no

Last edited:
One week away! So now every day will be “this time next week”-ing... as in: This time next week we will be eating dinner at Disney Springs.

This winter has been brutal... cannot wait to get away!

It’s so funny how we all do this! DS7 everyday asks “what will we we be doing in x weeks from now”. Then we reverse it after, in sad tones, “1 week ago we were ”
As for this winter, right there with you since I am down below you in Iowa! If there was ever a time to do a Florida trip in March, it is this year! Cannot wait to get away!
2 weeks from Thursday we hit the road!

It's a balmy 9 degrees here this morning, and I see that it's supposed to be partly cloudy and 76 at Disney today. I'm jealous. Manically checking my email for tracking updates on our etsy and teepublic shirt orders, and checking and re-checking for FoP FPs (or 7DMT.) Looking at all the menus for the QS resort restaurants and trying to decide what sounds too good to pass up.

ONE of our magic band boxes was delivered yesterday (I ordered 2 sets as we are doing a split-stay and we decided having an "extra" set would be nice, and they're included...) It's the set for our one-night CBR stay. The OTHER set, for our AoA stay says that they were unable to deliver them (which makes no sense as they delivered the other box and mail with no issues? and if packages don't fit in the mail box they just bring them up to the house) and THEN an hour and a half later my tracking says that the package was accepted in Tampa? Sorry. Mail cannot get from a rural northern Michigan PO to Florida in 90 minutes.

MagicBands came today! Got the girls' Rey and Beauty and the Beast decals applied pretty well. And for me, a page from the 1627 piece of chamber music that I wrote my dissertation about. (If you're going to geek out, go hard or go home.) DW's Mary Poppins decal is still in the mail.
QfDtul3mJz_0tG5L73D6UDhsvgXApYm0N3FR9v8mJU1f9boi-BTO7Vwb5q3CfQtsSV7BMT8TSLFwsxMFJ-HpnMgbV-VdHnKbNd507scA4VsynXLbRjErzZJY9ee7YTeS0wkDf-yH7-_BqlwL9kFAAPiAKKIRXvENsHkBvSJbTLIhQtdBvZdZ7_6VDP2jhVn9d8-KsJIbpuczSm5XauOq61PuriQuUAj0VSMIPH4-ZM9RPFYWxa2G5WDVIpCeavEucBFh6onTw3tjJ41W5-jIHS41mGry-K6ICIvhDdq9OlNRHJrLwkNnk79zevulrcvvetocQsZGkh-_VJ738QeSGcLenOK2bnSR4Mwna-C_1PoZeCbMINoqsewyEgPbx2bGNjizgVUd86kXFZ-8YGkWUTPw52tgkJrfvDAjylpXtq7slEEIVQXNz5uxMP_DnWOUB3zn-284AfC1Ofe1hZlbyDBNh2vXgR-JSv34pIGpqSKzSlr286mX2KLu_-VGJYuDDvfn77JOr907Hx0UoJ767jLhcOnpQZESNZQOReNDGA-SV-3hj7GNboKv8xB4ahuyJywxhE5LSGQ3hAQt3oGN10py005UdjwPc8u9ugnr8x2AIQNgW0dJYsPwWyfhc3UByLjBf5zrtdYjfZx_KUMx9a-07vMtb6Y_yFy1RZfTRObF8pQfNuYwilqgSKwCRwjlfFg9_1g8X6p8eBskNIX0VE5g=w2526-h1894-no
Love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter