• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

11days to go. Started packing today because I had piles in the bedroom for this trip and I leave for a work conference in the morning. I have zero motivation to pack for the work conference. Did a little shopping earlier and got my boys a few more Disney shirts to wear on the trip. I’m doing laundry right now and half and half stuff for work and stuff for Disney. The work conference is just a speed bump between me and Spring Break! But at least it’s 4 days of not working.

Argh. Another increase in crowd predictions for next week. I was hoping for the reverse as if heard many Texas districts normally out that week have pushed spring break back to the next week. If I’d known this up front, I would have come the last week of the month during our spring break rather than pulling kids out of school. Oh well. At least I got good deals on air fare, and nothing to be done now. We have good fast passes, we will be back in a couple years, and we’re staying at the Boardwalk for the first time so worst case scenario we can do flower and garden booths. Super excited for Universal! Especially for the idea of Exoress Pass :).

I told the wife we were leaving on the Thursday after work and driving maybe half way down. She did not protest so it looks like a done deal!! Yay!! I know I can talk my boss into letting me off early so I will drive as far south as I can. Can’t check until 3 at shades of green on Friday, more Disney Springs and resort time!!

I told the wife we were leaving on the Thursday after work and driving maybe half way down. She did not protest so it looks like a done deal!! Yay!! I know I can talk my boss into letting me off early so I will drive as far south as I can. Can’t check until 3 at shades of green on Friday, more Disney Springs and resort time!!

I'll be checking there sunday, they never have a room ready early lol. We got two rooms this year so we can really stretch out.

We stayed at All star sports last trip in September of 2017, I am beginning to think we should have stayed at the shades instead. Sports was cool especially for our first trip for our kids. Next trip we will have to take our motorhome and try out the campground.

We stayed at All star sports last trip in September of 2017, I am beginning to think we should have stayed at the shades instead. Sports was cool especially for our first trip for our kids. Next trip we will have to take our motorhome and try out the campground.

You'll love the campground whether yo use a cabin or RV. Gold cart offsite rental is a must. The values are around 277 sqft where all shades standard rooms are 480 sqft.

Busy busy day at MK. Touring Plans says crowds were a 7 but they certainly felt higher. Still managed to get everything done and get some good additional FPs. We started with EMM and made it all the way to closing with no breaks! I should be asleep but I'm still wired from the coffee I drank earlier. Onward to Hollywood Studios tomorrow!

Ordered batteries from Amazon to make sure we had plenty for the trip. Saturday I bought another Ipad with cell service and then downloaded all the apps I need for the trip. I also downloaded the Lyft app to try out the Minnie van service while we are there. Decided to do something different and memorable than just the normal bus ride to the Animal Kingdom. Started charging batteries for the camera and the external batteries for our phones. I got my Disney Rewards replacement card in the mail!! I got the headrest DVD players installed and working. It's strange to be packing shorts and t-shirts and it's going to be in the teens for lows this week. I can't wait for some 80 degree Florida weather!!

Argh. Another increase in crowd predictions for next week. I was hoping for the reverse as if heard many Texas districts normally out that week have pushed spring break back to the next week. If I’d known this up front, I would have come the last week of the month during our spring break rather than pulling kids out of school.
That’s when our spring break is, and they just upped the crowd predictions for that week too. Mainly at AK (I think it’s a 9 most of the week now?). Funny thing is, the overall crowd levels dropped, but the park levels went up????

I think I’m going to start packing today. It’s 7 degrees this morning. We got another 3in of snow. Winter needs to leave already! Most years we are just starting into “mud” season by now, not still under several feet of snow!

Busy busy day at MK. Touring Plans says crowds were a 7 but they certainly felt higher. Still managed to get everything done and get some good additional FPs. We started with EMM and made it all the way to closing with no breaks! I should be asleep but I'm still wired from the coffee I drank earlier. Onward to Hollywood Studios tomorrow!

Yes I was surprised by the crowds today. Hopefully on our second day we can get on more. Hollywood Studios for us tomorrow as well

Headed to AK now. The last 2 days in MK were VERY busy. Lines were longer than when we went Thanksgiving week 2017.

With Speedway and Railroad down you can feel the difference in waits.

Pack your patience! I saw so many people abusing the FP system at MK. So many kids melting down and parents yelling.

the crowd predictions are going up but MK is busy monday park but it's looks busy everywhere. Next week is also going up in heat predictions. Enjoy today tomorrow and thursdays nice cool weather ya'll

Midway Mania has been down all morning, which was supposed to be our first FP. Not even going to set foot in Toy Story Land, I bet it's mayhem. 50 minute wait for the swirling saucers, 110 for Slinky... Luckily we're coming back on Friday and then again for DAH on Saturday. Love not having to rush around!!

It's not as hot today was it was yesterday, and there's a nice breeze. Day 2 is off to a good start!

Midway Mania has been down all morning, which was supposed to be our first FP. Not even going to set foot in Toy Story Land, I bet it's mayhem. 50 minute wait for the swirling saucers, 110 for Slinky... Luckily we're coming back on Friday and then again for DAH on Saturday. Love not having to rush around!!

It's not as hot today was it was yesterday, and there's a nice breeze. Day 2 is off to a good start!
Hey I’m here too! A busy park day here. If you see me say hi!

My boss told me that starting on the 11th we are going to extended hours during the week and 730 to 4 on Saturdays. I don't have an assistant yet so that means me. A bummer but he is letting me half a day off on the Thursday we head down to Disney. I was planning on driving some after work but now I can leave at lunch time and more than likely make it most of the way down on Thursday !!

Last edited:
Now I’m thinking of splurging on EMM on MK as well (already have it for DHS). It surprisingly still has availability for next week. It’s on our AK day, but we have good AK fast passes so we could just lyft over as soon as EMM is done. Thoughts?

Now I’m thinking of splurging on EMM on MK as well (already have it for DHS). It surprisingly still has availability for next week. It’s on our AK day, but we have good AK fast passes so we could just lyft over as soon as EMM is done. Thoughts?
I bought both for my trip next week. I don't know what the crowds will be like and I rather not deal with crowds the entire time. So, I bought both for leisure reasons.:earsgirl::earsboy:

I bought both for my trip next week. I don't know what the crowds will be like and I rather not deal with crowds the entire time. So, I bought both for leisure reasons.:earsgirl::earsboy:

I just booked it as well. I figure I can always cancel. Now I need to go research that whole strategy as I haven’t paid any attention at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter