• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official March 2021 Thread***

What are the must dos at the park with a two year old and which parks are the best. He loves Toy Story so HS is a must but we haven't been in six years since our honeymoon so we are looking for ideas. Any and all will help

What are the must dos at the park with a two year old and which parks are the best. He loves Toy Story so HS is a must but we haven't been in six years since our honeymoon so we are looking for ideas. Any and all will help
MK is definitely the most kid friendly and a must do for a 2 year old. Young kids can do most of the rides there - Peter Pan, Small World, Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, etc. DHS has less rides for little ones and with a lot of the shows not open currently it makes it even worse. He would be able to do TSMM and the new MMRR and possibly Aliens depending on his height. AK has the safari and Navi River Journey, and of course all the animals and walking trails. My kids loved AK at that age. I would say Epcot is least kid friendly overall, although he may enjoy walking around and seeing the topiaries during F&G.

Here is a list of the height requirements for each ride: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/height-requirements/

WDW through the eyes of a two year old is an amazing thing!! Kudos to you for not falling into the "wait til they are old enough to remember" category! My memories of my boys as babies and toddlers at Disney are some of my absolute favorites!

How many park days will you have?

As ENJDisneyFan said already, MK is a for sure for a 2 year old and AK also most likely. My kids loved Epcot as littles but a lot of things have changed and gone away since then so if you were to skip a park (I can't believe I even said those words!), Epcot would be the one. And that's if you are focused totally on what your 2 year old wants to do. There's definitely plenty to see if your child is good in a stroller, just looking around, while you and your husband enjoy World Showcase and F&G. I always felt like the key was to know your own child. Read opinions here but do what's best for your family. You know your kiddo....follow their lead and go with the flow!

I hope you have a wonderful first trip as a family!!

Uggh. I realized I made a STUPID ROOKIE mistake when re-booking my SW tickets after their schedule change.

I originally booked March 7-13, leaving on Sunday because the fares for Saturday were too high. When SW gave me the option to either keep or modify their changes I could have backed up my departure to March 6 at their cost!! I feel so dumb. 😔

I have 3 separate reservations for Copper Creek. Sat-Sun, Sun-Mon, Mon-Sat. I realized my error earlier today when I was going to cancel the first night. We could have had a full 6 park days. Now I am praying for another SW initiated change before the 30 days, to either keep my DVC points from going into holding OR keep the reservation.

Aw man. Maybe they will initiate another change and you'll get another shot at doing it.

Aw that's a great age for Disney! My daughter was 2 for her first trip. She will be 23 on this trip and is still just as excited to be going to Disney. She was my thrill rider so as soon as she was tall enough to ride things, she was all about the coasters LOL. I agree with the others, Magic Kingdom is the most kid friends for the little ones. Most of the rides there are geared for the littles to be able to ride and have fun. My kids also loved Animal Kingdom. Of course that may be because it's my second favorite park, with MK being my fave. I like HS, but not as much as the others but it is definitely growing on me now that it is expanding with more rides.

I 💟 the Art festival. We have been every year since 2018. Looking forward to experiencing the Flower and Garden festival for the first time this year.

Hi all... haven't been on the boards for a while so just found this.

We're currently booked March 16-20 at the towers at CSR. I've made a few dining reservations as well as a Savi's and droid reservation.

We still aren't 100% sure we're going on the trip. Some days I'm all in, some days I think we should wait. This is rescheduled from June and if we don't go now, I'm not sure when we will be able to fit it in! Looking forward to chatting and making decisions!

ETA: We've also never been during spring break and I know that capacity is limited but navigating in a busier time without the typical plan with FP+ and all that is adding to my trepidation about going.

Hi all... haven't been on the boards for a while so just found this.

We're currently booked March 16-20 at the towers at CSR. I've made a few dining reservations as well as a Savi's and droid reservation.

We still aren't 100% sure we're going on the trip. Some days I'm all in, some days I think we should wait. This is rescheduled from June and if we don't go now, I'm not sure when we will be able to fit it in! Looking forward to chatting and making decisions!

ETA: We've also never been during spring break and I know that capacity is limited but navigating in a busier time without the typical plan with FP+ and all that is adding to my trepidation about going.

Got you added to the list.
This is my first spring break trip as well. I'm expecting the worse while hoping for the best when it comes to crowds.

This is my first spring break trip as well. I'm expecting the worse while hoping for the best when it comes to crowds.
Yes! I figure that this will be the least crowded spring break we could potentially experience. We really really need the break so I'm trying to see it as anything we do is better than another week in our living room. lol

Anyone else have a super early spring break like us?

We'll be at WDW Feb 27-Mar 3 and hoping most everyone's breaks start after we leave so that we hit a pocket between President's Week and most breaks and get crowds like are there currently! I know, probably wishful thinking to get what is going on there now (which sounds blissful) but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Hello all!!!! My daughter and I are going over her spring break, March 27- April 1!!!!! I finally purchased flights after alot of back and forth on going this year! Super excited!!!! We are staying at all star movies this time which is the same place we stayed on our first ever Disney vacation!

Anyone else have a super early spring break like us?

We'll be at WDW Feb 27-Mar 3 and hoping most everyone's breaks start after we leave so that we hit a pocket between President's Week and most breaks and get crowds like are there currently! I know, probably wishful thinking to get what is going on there now (which sounds blissful) but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm in North Alabama and the local schools here are out last full week in March. So are the community college and other colleges in the area. The college an hour away was suppose to be out the week after but they cancelled it. Not sure about the high school systems next to ours. I do know my niece has hers the week we are there and she lives a couple hours south of us.

Hello all!!!! My daughter and I are going over her spring break, March 27- April 1!!!!! I finally purchased flights after alot of back and forth on going this year! Super excited!!!! We are staying at all star movies this time which is the same place we stayed on our first ever Disney vacation!

Reactions: TSM
Add us to the list! Short 4-night split (3/13-3/17) between Poly & Bay Lake. First time staying at both resorts... We have a longer stay this summer, but it is way too far away so we are sneaking this one in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter