***Official March 2021 Thread***

Hey gang,
On the Magical Express on the way home after 6 great days. This was the first time at Jambo & Bay Lake for our family of four. Jambo was soooo quiet. Very relaxing. Bay Lake was busy as expected.

For the “at capacity Armageddon” that has been on the news and elsewhere, the parks were just as manageable as our previous two “COVID trips” and any trip we’ve made during normal operation in the summer months. Our first park day was HS and we did everything, including RotR, Sci-Fi, Oga’s and took a three-hour midday swim break (we actually have never taken midday breaks but did so every day this trip). You have to just pack your patient pants, go early and have a plan. Every other day was just as productive. I’m jealous for everyone who’s trips have not started, but happy to head back to the nest. We did a lot if anyone has any specific questions, I’d be happy see if I can help.
How was the weather? We are there 3/27-4/2 and it looks like it’s going to be pretty warm

How was the weather? We are there 3/27-4/2 and it looks like it’s going to be pretty warm

We tend to go in the summer, so this seemed perfect. Mornings were 65 and highs were mid 80s. I’ve never been to Disney without a drop of rain. Only one day was hot and we didn’t even use our cooling towels. I think the lower humidity was a big factor.

On the ferry back to the car so we can hit the room for a little. Extremely successful day at HS.

Breakfast at Ale & Compass at 7:00. No luck with morning boarding group
Walked to HS; in line for temp check at 8:00
Lines open at 8:10
Two rides on Slinky and one on TSMM by 8:50
Galaxy’s edge and smugglers run
Snack
Star tours
Lightsaber build
Got a boarding group at 1:00
Mobile order lunch at pizza rizzos
Boarding group called
Waited probably 30 min in the ROTR queue
RoTR and now Resort.

We’re actually headed back for droids at 5:00 and I’m planning on runaway railroad tonight but my 12 year old needs a break so we’re taking an hour or so back at the resort.
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staying at Swan, do I order magic bands? Is it too late? We fly out 3/28. I haven’t received cards, do I get those when I check in? Help, it’s our first time going since magic bands are no longer free!

Staying at Swan, do I order magic bands? Is it too late? We fly out 3/28. I haven’t received cards, do I get those when I check in? Help, it’s our first time going since magic bands are no longer free!

With as slow and unreliable as mail delivery has been, I wouldn't order anything now. Do you have old bands you can re-use? If not, do you at least have your tickets linked in MDE? If so, you should be able to get cards at the tapstiles when you first enter a park.

We tend to go in the summer, so this seemed perfect. Mornings were 65 and highs were mid 80s. I’ve never been to Disney without a drop of rain. Only one day was hot and we didn’t even use our cooling towels. I think the lower humidity was a big factor.
We got caught in a downpour yesterday! Rain wasn’t even in the forecast

I am re-packing tonight! Forecast looks hot as Satan's armpit and I will not need the capris and long sleeves I threw in the suitcases. :rotfl:

I am re-packing tonight! Forecast looks hot as Satan's armpit and I will not need the capris and long sleeves I threw in the suitcases. :rotfl:

I think we're going the same time you are - next week. I'm curious what the forecast was that you saw?

I think we're going the same time you are - next week. I'm curious what the forecast was that you saw?

The week will start a little cooler with the highs in the upper 70s but by Sunday 3/28 it will be in the lower 90s.

The week will start a little cooler with the highs in the upper 70s but by Sunday 3/28 it will be in the lower 90s.
eeek. we arrive 3/28. my weather app says high of 84 that day. i hope it's not too hot - our bodies will be in shock!

Still plenty hot for this fat girl from WI if it is 89 or 91! :lol:

Girl thats too hot from this pooh sized girl in Alabama who is used to the heat and humidity. I'll be sweating and stinking LOL . Hopefully the humidity won't be too bad which is what gets to me. Indoors I'm a cold natured girl but in the sun and heat, I'm miserable. I would prefer the mid 70's all week.

Girl thats too hot from this pooh sized girl in Alabama who is used to the heat and humidity. I'll be sweating and stinking LOL . Hopefully the humidity won't be too bad which is what gets to me. Indoors I'm a cold natured girl but in the sun and heat, I'm miserable. I would prefer the mid 70's all week.
Me too - sweating and stinking, OMG. LMAO. I was really hoping the cooler weather would hold, but I am just so excited to be going!

So great. Giving me so much hope for a "calm" enough HS day!
For all the complaints I’ve heard about crowds, I’ve been nothing but completely pleased.

Epcot today... arrived by car at 10:20 and I think they had pretty much just opened the lot. Parked, headed straight to soarin. Did that, livin with the land, under the seas with Nemo, explored the aquarium, and walked through the butterfly garden by 12:30. Snacked through the festival for a couple of hours and went back to the resort.
We went back by bus so I didn’t lose my good parking space. 😂. Headed back to Epcot by bus now for spaceship earth, test track, another ride on Soarin and a couple more festival treats. The kids want to see Epcot at night so just looking to wander around for a couple of hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter