***Official MAY 2015 Thread! Come check in!***

Last day of April! :yay: Let's go to Disneyland, May people! We don't leave until the 24th and I'm already packing (in my head). Everything is all set... and I'm super excited to see the refurbs on Peter Pan and Soarin', and to see Disneyland Forever, Paint the Night, and the new WoC!

We leave the 24th too!! Can't wait to see all of the 60th Anniversary stuff! :woohoo:

We leave for DL on the 17th. Have dinner reservations at Steakhouse 55 that evening. We'll be at the GCV. Then we check out on the 21st. Keeping fingers crossed that maybe, just maybe, some 60th Anniversary things happen earlier than the 22nd :) Who knows. Doesn't matter, we'll have a great time anyway!

We're arriving the 17th too and we were leaving the 21st, but we've extended our trip by a day to ensure we see the fireworks and parade.

I'm leaving in one week! and my kid still has no idea!

Have you watched any of the not so pleasant YouTube videos of parents surprising their kids with a trip to Disneyland? There are several that are really a fine portrait of melt down city. Quite entertaining actually and funny. :faint: lmao

Have you watched any of the not so pleasant YouTube videos of parents surprising their kids with a trip to Disneyland? There are several that are really a fine portrait of melt down city. Quite entertaining actually and funny. :faint: lmao

no, have any links?

no, have any links?
I think it depends on the kid if they are going to have a melt down about going on a surprise trip to Disney. My daughter was excited & happy that we were going to Disney. The boys not so much, they started crying. They knew we were going on a trip but didn't know where. I think they were disappointed we weren't taking them somewhere else. We had them list a bunch of places they wanted to go & surprised them with what we chose so, I think it's the way we went about it. My daughter absolutely loves Disney & the boys not so much. So, it just depends on how you surprise them & that specific child.

lol, I need to wait until he is not around to watch those, but he knows we are going 'soon,' We told him we are going to visit an aquarium with a shark tank and will be there for the shark feeding. We will, it is in the same city as the airport. I also told him we will start to plan the Disneyland trip as soon as we are done with that trip. Instead, of going home in the morning I have arranged for a friend to take our car away and we will take the airport shuttle.

Last edited:
The best part is it let us have a long count down chain without spilling the beans.

IMG_20150107_190013623.jpg
IMG_20150107_190002765.jpg
IMG_20150107_185948412.jpg

So my wife and I will be at DL, Thursday May 28th, staying the night at the Holiday Inn (walking distance) and then spending the day at DT Disney and seeing Tomorrowland movie at the AMC theater there! I am SOOOO excited! Only 23 days away!

One day left of work, then the weekend, the our flight leaves!

My music has now transitioned to 100% Disneyland sound clips. MouseWorldRadio FTW

Awesome thmcdonald1! We're almost right behind you... but 6 more days of work. Agh! Once the countdown hits 10 days to go, it's so hard to concentrate on work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter