***Official MAY 2015 Thread! Come check in!***

We leave the 24th too!! Can't wait to see all of the 60th Anniversary stuff! :woohoo:

We leave super late the 24th, but get in on the 25th! It's coming up so fast :) I'm excited to see the 60th Anniversary stuff as well, and just Disneyland in general. It's been far too long since I last went.

I'm leaving in one week! and my kid still has no idea!

Our kids have no idea either, but I'm not even remotely close to being worried they'll be disappointed. If they are, I'm sure it'll be something minor and short lived, ha! They've been begging to go to Disneyland for awhile and my oldest has recently been especially obsessed with going since one of her favorite YouTube channel families just went :) I'm not sure I can keeping telling her "Sorry honey, we have to wait a bit longer to go!" with a straight face much longer. It's already a miracle my kids believe the suitcase I've been packing in my room is for our trip to Seattle in July. Lol!

Only 1.5 days of work left for me, then packing on Saturday and Sunday early afternoon arrival (we're only about 2 hours or so north) :)

Two more sleeps for us - We'll be there Sunday. Have started to make my "schedule" matrix - don't tell hubby LOL

We arrive Sunday too, but not until after noon. Planning to head to get our Disney Visa picture and then go see Turtle Talk with Crush because we haven't seen it yet and always say we will. Hoping to see the Frozen Sing Along Sunday too, but we have all week.

One week from today we'll be more than halfway to Disneyland! I have finals come Monday and thank God I only have exams that day. It leaves more time for Disney thinkin'! My boyfriend was able to work his schedule around so that he won't be missing out on any work time (aka money that pays for our trip lol). So I'm glad that all works out. But the week is going by so slowly it's going to kill me!

A few weeks back I was going through my scrapbook of our January trip and he missed the surf and turf dinner at BB so we made a quick reservation for Fantasmic!. Though we haven't decided if we'll actually see the show again, but when pricing the meal out it's only a few bucks more for the show.

I can't wait... Time is passing by pretty Fast... One week from today I will be in the happiest place on earth!!:dogdance: I broke down & gave into making reservations for Ariel's Grotto this week... My DD18 is a HUGE fan of the Little Mermaid... So, I told her we're going & she's super excited. I didn't really want to pay so much for a meal & we have been to many character dining experiences at WDW when we got free dining but I figured between my AP discount & by using Disney gift cards I bought at target that I'm only paying approx $30 each which isn't bad. We usually pay $20 for a sit down meal so for $10 extra to make her happy is worth it to me. And I reserved a 4:30 lunch but I figure by the time we sit down it will be more like 5 so, more like dinner :upsidedow Does anyone know if gratuity is separate from this & how much do you tip like 18%?

We're home. Hubby and I had a lovely leisurely visit. No rushing around for us. Boy I just do not have the stamina that I used to have. I need to work on that! Tuesday night Disneyland closed early, they had a special fireworks showing for resort employees. Then last night DCA closed early and they had a showing of the new show, or what I think is the new show. We were able to watch and hear it from our balcony at the Grand Californian.

They also started selling 60th anniversary items yesterday as well. I was very happy :)

Hey Gisele, I just thought I would let you know it all worked out for me, this is from my currently in progress trip report http://www.disboards.com/threads/adsimba’s-impossible-trip-may-8th-16th-2015.3399040/page-2#post-53679931

Oh this is so sweet! I'll have to go over and check out your trip report! The only downside to my husband wanting to just "see how long it takes our girls to figure out where we are going" is that I might not be able to get it on video. I'm definitely going to try though :-D

Can anyone here tell me how the crowds were this past Memorial day? In particular the day before and the week following??

Can anyone here tell me how the crowds were this past Memorial day? In particular the day before and the week following??
We were there the week before but I don't think it was a accurate representation of crowd level as that Friday was the 60th anniversary celebration. Grad nights were also happening. Crowd levels increased all week (we were there Saturday - Wednesday). Mornings were good and we were amazed at how many people could pack into that place by the afternoon. Would I go at that time of year again? Probably. It wasn't horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter