***Official May 2022 thread***

I just realized there is a cheer competition the first week of may. Has anyone been during this? Does it make crowds a lot worse?

I just realized there is a cheer competition the first week of may. Has anyone been during this? Does it make crowds a lot worse?

Not really.... I've never had an issue with them in the parks, other than they swarm together. lol

You will likely notice their presence in the resorts, especially the value ones, in the food courts, pools etc.

Not really.... I've never had an issue with them in the parks, other than they swarm together. lol

You will likely notice their presence in the resorts, especially the value ones, in the food courts, pools etc.
Thanks for that info! I have been in Jan/Feb when the groups are there and we haven't really run into any issues but wasn't sure if this was different! I'm sure it must be a really special experience for all of those kids!

Adding to my happy dance...we've been rescheduled multiple times since May 2020 to 5/13-5/22 and in a happy twist of coincidence, it turns out my brother and his family had independently decided to go in May after picking up his daughter from college in Florida. Turns out our trips overlap 5/13-5/18. My brother lives in New Jersey and we usually only see his family twice a year (Christmas and Summer) and with COVID concerns...it's been way too long...really excited for this impromptu family reunion at Universal and Disney!

May 12-22, GF and Swan
Rescheduled celebration trip--2020 HS graduation, 20th wedding anniversary--now we will add my husband's 50th bday (April) and son's 20th bday (April)...and we will be there for our 22nd wedding anniversary 5/20 (Brown Derby maybe). So going big...maybe the last disney trip for the 3 of us together!

Hello there!
I am popping over from the January thread since snow has postponed what would have been my late January trip
Welcome! I know how it feels to have to postpone...so far I've gone from May 2020 to August 2020 to May 2021 to May 2022 with our family trip...sending pixie dust that your May trip is fantastic!

Welcome! I know how it feels to have to postpone...so far I've gone from May 2020 to August 2020 to May 2021 to May 2022 with our family trip...sending pixie dust that your May trip is fantastic!

Same to you! I am luckily staying at the same hotel with the same room I booked from the get-go! I will be at the Boardwalk from May 21 to May 27. I fly back on the 28th so I booked at room at the airport to just not have to worry.
I know how weather can screw with things, so I don't want to risk this next time!

I'll be staying at Saratoga Springs for the first time this year. I'm pretty excited for the new rooms.

I'll be staying there from May 17th-24th in a preferred room. I have a waitlist for the 16-24th for a standard, so we'll see if I get it. I'll be offsite from May 14-16 checking out what other stuff Orlando has to offer.

We're going to start out with Cabana Bay at Universal from May 17-21 and then switch over to Pop Century from May 21-30. I am beyond excited! Going with my husband, parents, and brother and his wife. Husband is a little hesitant about the length of the trip, but I'm hoping we will convert him. It's his first time since 1997 and my brother's wife has never been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter