***Official May 2022 thread***

Anyone else going early/mid May a little bummed about GotG?
I can’t tell you how many times I have just missed the opening of a new attraction! So, this time I’m not surprised and it doesn’t faze me a bit. Hopefully we will all be able to experience it on future trips!

May 28 - June 1 WDW Dolphin - rescheduled from November '21 - can't wait to walk the WS and probably won't do any rides LOL

May 14-22! My 15mo first trip! Staying in BLT night one, then 1BR at SSR for the week. Cannot wait! Does anyone know if I can set up dining alerts on one of the pages for a capture your moment session? I tried looking on my phone to book one and saw nothing available. Might try again from a computer when I get home from work.

Joining in for one night at SSR, May 18-19, driving up from Miami. The stars aligned for us to get reservations for the GotG previews and a rapid-fire waitlist turnaround time of four hours for accommodations! First time staying at SSR (DH and I are still new to DVC, we bought in December), and we have reservations for my DH's first time at DHS the day we arrive (I'm the seasoned pro in our relationship). It will be our first Disney preview, and I am thrilled we can join you all for a little getaway in May.

Firework parties are open for booking. Just booked 5/21!

Came to say the same! We got May 18, but the 16th was available, too (but that is Epcot evening hours).

We have moved our trip from September to May 14-20 (split stay GF and BCV).

ETA: Was able to book the elephant and rhino tours that week. We ended up canceling the elephants - but DD so excited for the rhinos. I couldn't get spots for all 3 of us, so DH will take her. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the hours have been updated for the first week of May...

MK
  • (5/1) 9a - 10p,
  • (5/2) 9a - 11p
  • (5/3) 9a - 4:30p,
  • (5/4 - 5/7) 9a - 11p
  • EEH 5/4, 11p - 1a

EP
  • 8:30a - 9p
  • EEH 5/2, 9p - 11p

HS
  • 8a - 9p

AK
  • 7:30a - 8:30p
They also updated Epcot to 9am opening in mid May (sorry, don't have dates in front of me.) I am there May 12-23 and dying to know if they will extend MK hours while I am there. Right now, 10pm close for most of my trip.

They also updated Epcot to 9am opening in mid May (sorry, don't have dates in front of me.) I am there May 12-23 and dying to know if they will extend MK hours while I am there. Right now, 10pm close for most of my trip.
Thanks for the heads-up. I do not have any park reservations for Epcot as we do not plan to start any days there, so I am hoping for AK and HS to open earlier min-May (and AK to stay open later). Later hours at MK would be fine too!

Last edited:
Does a 9 AM Epcot opening mean the skyline will be running at 7:30? Trying to make a walk-up reservation at Topolino's for my bday.

Nevermind it's tomorrow >.<
When I did it a couple of weeks ago I was resigned to just going to City Hall but thought I'd give the chat a try. I got on 1 minute after 7 (5am here) because I clicked the wrong button and went off the page! Took 2 hours to get the chat and then my camera wouldn't work so I had to get DHs phone. It was not a huge problem and the chat was in my account when I signed in using his phone.

If it kicks you off just close everything and sign in again - had this happen a couple of times. Your spot in the queue is saved.

I know a lot of people have had horrible wait times, but I just wanted to give you hope that it's not that bad for everyone. 2 hours sounds like a long time but it actually was not bad - I just played on the computer while waiting and it went by pretty fast.

For the 2 advance spots I was able to get Slinky, RnRC, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Soarin' and Test Track. Only doing 3 days, so no AK, and DD is terrified of ToT so did not try for that one.

We’re staying 5/7-5/10 in Universals Loews Royal Pacific then 5/10-5/21 at bwv. Got every ADR I wanted (including space 220, crt, bog topolinos snd Ohana) but can’t seem to get a sci-fi res, despite reservation trackers and checking constantly. My kids will majorly complain if we don’t do this restaurant, it’s their favorite, so here’s hoping. We were just there in late January/early February and excited to be going back so soon. First time we’ve ever gone twice in one year and we’re excited! 16 more days!!!

We’re staying 5/7-5/10 in Universals Loews Royal Pacific then 5/10-5/21 at bwv. Got every ADR I wanted (including space 220, crt, bog topolinos snd Ohana) but can’t seem to get a sci-fi res, despite reservation trackers and checking constantly. My kids will majorly complain if we don’t do this restaurant, it’s their favorite, so here’s hoping. We were just there in late January/early February and excited to be going back so soon. First time we’ve ever gone twice in one year and we’re excited! 16 more days!!!
I have heard people have had pretty good success with walk-up at Sci Fi. Fingers crossed you get something before then though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter